Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-24-2007   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Oline Draft

What if the playmakers we want are gone. Then we should get Levi brown...then in the second get Ryan kalil....then in the third get bpa.......

our new oline would be

brown..pitts..kalil..winston..spencer

dave surely can throw behind this????right?
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #2
The Preacher
Veteran

Default Re: Oline Draft

boring but effective. likely I doubt it. why? not the texans way
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #3
amazingandre
All Pro

i agree its boring, but will make the most effect and will be great for years to come
Old 02-24-2007   #4
The Preacher
Veteran

you're right but that's too easy and makes too much sense.
Old 02-24-2007   #5
amazingandre
All Pro

haha ooooook.....
Old 02-24-2007   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
What if the playmakers we want are gone. Then we should get Levi brown...then in the second get Ryan kalil....then in the third get bpa.......

our new oline would be

Most fans would hate that draft........until the team started winning because they finaly did the right thing and built from the inside out.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #7
amazingandre
All Pro

ya i know...but kalil wont be there lol...so it dont matter
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2007   #8
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

how'ed that work out for the Jets last year taking D'Brick & Mangold? pretty dog gone good, the only problem they had the 4th overall & late 1st rd. (#29). one would think the Texans will have a shot @ Brown #8 but Kalil should be gone late first just like Mangold, unless the Texans are able to trade down a couple picks from 8 add a 2nd/3rd then use that extra pick to move back up into the 1st. very difficult/risky to make happen.

here is a question if Adrian Peterson is there #8 several teams would be interested. the #8th pick is worth a beefy 1400 points with AD on the board. might be worth more points than the draft pick value chart indicates? NE has the 24th (740) & 28th (660) picks equal 1400. I would suggest making sure you get this kid (Kalil) with that 24th pick (I know its high but do you want to risk losing him?) with the 28th you could still get starting caliber cb, or QB (Kolb also been moving up the boards) to develop, just another option

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
how'ed that work out for the Jets last year taking D'Brick & Mangold? pretty dog gone good, the only problem they had the 4th overall & late 1st rd. (#29). one would think the Texans will have a shot @ Brown #8 but Kalil should be gone late first just like Mangold, unless the Texans are able to trade down a couple picks from 8 add a 2nd/3rd then use that extra pick to move back up into the 1st. very difficult/risky to make happen.

here is a question if Adrian Peterson is there #8 several teams would be interested. the #8th pick is worth a beefy 1400 points with AD on the board. might be worth more points than the draft pick value chart indicates? NE has the 24th (740) & 28th (660) picks equal 1400. I would suggest making sure you get this kid (Kalil) with that 24th pick (I know its high but do you want to risk losing him?) with the 28th you could still get starting caliber cb, or QB (Kolb also been moving up the boards) to develop, just another option
If we pulled that trade, I would hope we target Kalil and Houston with those two picks. Aim for Merriwether in the 2nd.
Old 02-24-2007   #10
amazingandre
All Pro

what about just picking kalil in the second....i think he is better than brown....he is faster and i think he had just the same amount of reps.....if they find out spencer is 100%before draft day why not take kalil?at 8
Old 02-24-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Why would NE want Peterson? They just drafted Maroney.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #12
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Most fans would hate that draft........until the team started winning because they finaly did the right thing and built from the inside out.
Yea, I mean it's not like they have ever done that.

Williams, Ryans, Spencer, Winston, Daniels.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #13
amazingandre
All Pro

ya they did it one time last year......and how many were oline men.....2....and one got hurt right away....u wouldnt like that lineup zero?????
Old 02-24-2007   #14
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
ya they did it one time last year......and how many were oline men.....2....and one got hurt right away....u wouldnt like that lineup zero?????
I would love to draft Brown and Kalil but the assumption that Smith and Kubiak will work the same as Casserly and Capers is unfounded. This will be our first draft with Smith but Kubiak made a point to say his goal was build this team from the inside out. He reitterated this again and again, I hate to see our fans so blind to this fact, especially considering the Reggie Bush/Vince Young debacle.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #15
amazingandre
All Pro

im sorry i misunderstood i thought that you didnt want that....i agree i think it would be the best thing for our team to draft it this way.....our oline would be so solid....and we would have decent backups with weary, salaam and others......and it will define david carr.....if he sill isnt good, then next year we draft a qb......b/c chances are if carr sux we will be low in the draft again....so it depends on his play and how well he is protected.....
Old 02-24-2007   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Why would NE want Peterson? They just drafted Maroney.
reports out of NE indicate that Corey Dillion is history (Retirement/FA take your pick) thats why

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=24232&pcid=46

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #17
The Preacher
Veteran

[quote=amazingandre;604150]im sorry i misunderstood i thought that you didnt want that....i agree i think it would be the best thing for our team to draft it this way.....our oline would be so solid....and we would have decent backups with weary, salaam and others...... QUOTE]

Your suggestion while accurate seems unlikely unfortunately and hears why I think. 1) Word on Spencer is things are going well and I think the brass will take a chance and draft otherwise. 2) Arizona could easily take Brown if his stock rises since their line has been miserable and with their firepower, a strong line would help them tremendously. 3) Kalil will be gone by the Texans second pick.

So basically the Texans are snake bit again when it comes to the o-line. Hard to imagine but we could be looking at raw d-line/S or LB which could give the D the jolt it needs to become at least top 15. Okoye/Rufus possibly.

So theoretically top 8 would be 1) Russell, Thomas, AD, Jonhson, Branch/Gaines/Anderson, Brown, Quinn/WR, Texans BPA(almost guaranteed d-line or trade down.)

I'm not against drafting defense at all so it might be another patchwork o-line crew that can hopefully come together.
Old 02-24-2007   #18
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:

our new oline would be

NO. I'm not sure if David could throw behind Tony Boselli, Larry Allen, Dermontti Dawson, Bruce Matthews, and (insert RT here).
Old 02-24-2007   #19
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
reports out of NE indicate that Corey Dillion is history (Retirement/FA take your pick) thats why

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=24232&pcid=46
Even if Dillon is leaving or retiring, they still aren't going to spend consecutive first round picks on running backs. They especially aren't going to trade two first round picks to draft one.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

our new oline would be

I'll agree with that. If he can't then I'll have to listen to the Colt Brennan talk next year. Whoever the QB is in the future, we'll have a great base of o-line tallent for sure. We should be able to run the ball with impunity and bring back the play action pass to this offense. Whether or not David will be able to exercise all his deamonds this offseason is anyones guess. But with this goup, I'll finally agree he's had a fair shot.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read