Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2007   #1
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Show Your support for Chester

Chester ... I love you and just wanted you to know that it's not your fault you get false starts . It's probably the QB not talking loud enough .

You'd be an All-Pro by now if you had'nt switched positions many times and had 4 OC and 4 OL coaches .

I think you get a bad rap because your QB gets sacked so much ... once again Chester please know that not everyone hates you .

Earl

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 02-24-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #2
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Default Re: Show Your support for Chester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Chester I love you and just wanted you to know that it's not your fault you get false starts . It's probably the QB not talking loud enough .

You'd be an All-Pro by now if you had'nt switched positions many times and had 4 OC and 4 OL coaches .

I think you get a bad rap because your QB gets sacked so much ... once again Chester please know that not everyone hates you .

Earl
Yeah, Chester. At least now you know that 1 person wants you to be our starting Left Guard. Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2007   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll show support for a guy who never played HS football because he went to a specialized high school for math and science. After graduating he then walked on at SDSU. Since graduating SDSU he has played in every game of the Texans existance.
Old 02-24-2007   #4
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

C.P. is the man.
Old 02-24-2007   #5
brewhaus
All Pro

Chester Pitts has been through the bad with this team and should be around to experience the "good" that will be the Texans in the next couple of seasons.

Chester is O.K. in my book !
Old 02-24-2007   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Did I miss something? What happened that Chester suddenly needs our support?

Chester's been one of the best and most consistent linemen. My hat's off to him. With Spencer out, I am confident he could fill in at LT.
Old 02-24-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Did I miss something? What happened that Chester suddenly needs our support?

Chester's been one of the best and most consistent linemen. My hat's off to him. With Spencer out, I am confident he could fill in at LT.
haha. yeah, why don't we move DeMeco to DE and try D-Rob at WR??

Hybrid players are not a good idea. You play a guy at one position and that's it. Besides, Chester played LT for a bit under Dom. That didn't pan out so well.
Old 02-24-2007   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

Hybrid players are not a good idea. You play a guy at one position and that's it. Besides, Chester played LT for a bit under Dom. That didn't pan out so well.
Who is talking hybrid? Even with 2.5 years under his belt at G, most of his experience is still at T--all of it in college and basically half in the NFL. 5.5 sacks from the LT position in 2003 looks like it panned out better than the years since.

Oh heck, why not compare:

2004 12.5
2005 13
2006 10.5
Old 02-24-2007   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:

A bit? He played LT for about 2 1/2 seasons.
Old 02-24-2007   #10
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 63 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Whats up with the random man love?

I like ya, Chester... but not as much as Earl does.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
A bit? He played LT for about 2 1/2 seasons.
A bit...2 1/2 years....it's all the same.

he performs better at guard than he does at tackle.

At the end of the 2003 season, when the Texans gave up only 19 sacks Dom Capers fired offensive line coach Tony Marciano. In 2004, the Texans were back up to 50 or 60 some odd sacks. My question is:

Does anyone know why he got rid of Tony Marciano?
Old 02-24-2007   #12
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

I am pretty sure that this thread was a sarcastic knock on David, since Earl is presenting an "apologetic" attitude towards Pitts and blaming everyone else. Knowing Earl, such a thing would be possible..... correct me if I am wrong.....
Old 02-24-2007   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272750 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
A bit...2 1/2 years....it's all the same.
Pitts has a total of 8 years of football experience. All but 2.5 years have been at T.

Quote:
he performs better at guard than he does at tackle.
Hmmm, if so it isn't by much.

Quote:
At the end of the 2003 season, when the Texans gave up only 19 sacks Dom Capers fired offensive line coach Tony Marciano. In 2004, the Texans were back up to 50 or 60 some odd sacks. My question is:

Does anyone know why he got rid of Tony Marciano?
The Texans gave up 36 sacks in 2003. Marciano was not fired. He moved to TE's coach and Greg Roman moved to QB coach.
Old 02-24-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Pitts has a total of 8 years of football experience. All but 2.5 years have been at T.

Hmmm, if so it isn't by much.

The Texans gave up 36 sacks in 2003. Marciano was not fired. He moved to TE's coach and Greg Roman moved to QB coach.

Do you know why Marciano was moved? Steve Marshall and Joe Pendry surely didn't work any wonders with the line after Marciano was out.
Old 02-25-2007   #15
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I liked Pitts at Guard when the Texans were debating between Wand and Spencer at LT. But without a LT, I like Pitts there, too. Just opens up options (like getting a guard).
Old 02-25-2007   #16
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I liked Pitts at Guard when the Texans were debating between Wand and Spencer at LT. But without a LT, I like Pitts there, too. Just opens up options (like getting a guard).
what? Draft or FA?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read