Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-23-2007   #1
htownfoozball
Veteran

Default who do you want in rounds 2-7

everyone here i think would be fine with peterson, brown, or landry. so who do you definitely want in the other rounds?
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: who do you want in rounds 2-7

Kalil, Houston, or Merriwether in the 2nd.

Datish or Mozes in the 4th if we don't land Kalil.

Someone like Brazun (sp) in the 5th or so.

Someone like Garrett Wolfe in the 6-7th.
Old 02-23-2007   #3
htownfoozball
Veteran

agreed that we could really use houston or meriweather in the 2nd. im starting to like victor abiamiri in the 2nd as well.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
agreed that we could really use houston or meriweather in the 2nd. im starting to like victor abiamiri in the 2nd as well.
I see him as a perfect 3-4 OLB. I don't really see him fitting with us. I like a lot of the DE's in this draft, but he isn't one of them. (he is a DE in college).
Old 02-23-2007   #5
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on pickicking a DE in RD 1

2. Michael Griffin FS
3. Darius Walker RB
4. James Marten OT
5. Travarous Bain CB
6. Jacoby Jones WR
7. Zak DeOssie OLB/DS
Old 02-23-2007   #6
htownfoozball
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
I see him as a perfect 3-4 OLB. I don't really see him fitting with us. I like a lot of the DE's in this draft, but he isn't one of them. (he is a DE in college).
he has perfect size to play DE at 6'4 1/2 and 270lbs. just because he's not 6'7 290lbs like mario doesnt mean he cant play DE. i dunno...i think he has a great first step and good size and has the speed/quickness to compliment mario's power/speed game on the other side.
Old 02-23-2007   #7
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

2. Michael Griffin FS
3. Darius Walker RB
4. James Marten OT
5. Travarous Bain CB
6. Jacoby Jones WR
7. Zak DeOssie OLB/DS
2. Victor Abiamiri DE Notre Dame
3. Kenny Irons RB Auburn
4a. Gerald Alexander S Boise State
4b. Michael Coe CB Alabama State
5. David Ball WR New Hampshire
6. Kareem Brown DT Miami OR Jacoby Jones WR Lane
7. Oscar Lua ILB USC
Old 02-23-2007   #8
htownfoozball
Veteran

kareem brown aint goin in the 6th. he's probably a 3rd rounder.
Old 02-23-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfoozball View Post
kareem brown aint goin in the 6th. he's probably a 3rd rounder.
i make room for the possibility of that. hence the OR
Old 02-23-2007   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Kalil floats my boat in the second. The fall back would be Merriwether if he checks out as not being a knuckelhead off the field.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure when on the second day they will project but I like Walter Thomas DT Northwest Mississippi CC or Paul Soliai DT Utah.
Old 02-23-2007   #12
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish the Texans had the luxury of concentrating on one side of the ball but they have more holes in their team then in a block of Swiss Cheese.
Old 02-23-2007   #13
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Kalil floats my boat in the second. The fall back would be Merriwether if he checks out as not being a knuckelhead off the field.
A player from the U with his head on straight? Aside from AJ?

I have a better chance of buying the Texans for $59.95.
Old 02-23-2007   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Another DE that will be interesting to hear about after the combine is Ikaika Alama-Francis of Hawaii.
Old 02-23-2007   #15
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Depending on who we get in FA, and if we pick Brown in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Chris Houston CB
3rd Drew Stanton QB or Kevin Kolb QB
4th Prescott Burgess OLB or Nate Harris OLB
5th Kareem Brown DT
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Brandon Mitchell FS

If we pick AP in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Joe Staley LT
4th Tanard Jackson FS
5th Tavarous Bain CB
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Dallas Sartz OLB

If we pick Landry in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Joe Staley LT
5th Tavarous Bain CB
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Selvin Young RB

Disclaimer: I don't know if any of these picks will be there in the rounds I have them in (or even if the Texans would pick them if they were available), and nobody else knows either! JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #16
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Depending on who we get in FA, and if we pick Brown in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Chris Houston CB
5th Kareem Brown DT
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Brandon Mitchell FS

If we pick AP in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Joe Staley LT
4th Tanard Jackson FS
5th Tavarous Bain CB
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Dallas Sartz OLB

If we pick Landry in the 1st, then go with:

2nd Joe Staley LT
5th Tavarous Bain CB
6th Daniel Sepulveda P
7th Selvin Young RB

Disclaimer: I don't know if any of these picks will be there in the rounds I have them in (or even if the Texans would pick them if they were available), and nobody else knows either! JMHO!
I wouldn't waste a single first day pick on a QB. If you want to turn around this franchise in a hurry then you don't have the luxury of using a first day pick on a QB.
Old 02-24-2007   #17
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post

2. Michael Griffin FS
3. Darius Walker RB
4. James Marten OT
5. Travarous Bain CB
6. Jacoby Jones WR
7. Zak DeOssie OLB/DS
I really like the Walker pick in the 3rd round. I would improve this by going Levi Brown in Round 1 instead of DE (but I understand you prefer DE in rd 1). I like Griffin, and would pick him at 39 assuming either Aaron Ross or Chris Houston (both, CB) are not there -- based on their stock, I believe that is likely. Same for Kalil. No way he slips to 39.

So...
1. Levi Brown, OT
2. Michael Griffin, S
3. Darius Walker, RB
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm totally in on getting Kalil in the second. After that I'll just tell you (again) that I want DBs and OLs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #19
The Preacher
Veteran

If Kalil is still there in the second I would be surprised. Just like Mangold last year the top center will likely go late first or very early second. If he lasts until our second it might be the fastest trip to the podium of the day. That or Aaron Sears somehow fell he could play guard or maybe tackle right away. Like McNeil last year he may be the steal of linemen taken. SEC guys deal with defenses that are simply on another level and are more prepared for the NFL than most. Grubbs might be the pick though if those guys are gone. Anyway they need linemen and Brown/Kalil, Sears, Grubbs would finally take care of a half decade project that simply needs to be solidified before any success can be expected.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #20
amazingandre
All Pro

kalil wont be there in the second......he ran a 4.94 and did 34 reps....he will rocket it up into the 20's i would think
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read