Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Would a New QB be able to come in and be effective with all our Offensive problems ?
Yes a new QB can make a difference. 45 52.94%
No things will be worse, since Carr is used to beign abused already. 16 18.82%
Itd be about the same, no better no worse. 24 28.24%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007   #1
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default Would a new QB really make a difference.

Would a new QB, Plummer, Quinn, Kolb etc be able to come in and make a difference if there are no significant changes made to our O-Line or any upgrades to our recieveing core WR, TE etc ? I mean sure Carr has had some bad years but is it all his fault ???
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #2
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve
Default Re: Would a new QB really make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
Would a new QB, Plummer, Quinn, Kolb etc be able to come in and make a difference if there are no significant changes made to our O-Line or any upgrades to our recieveing core WR, TE etc ? I mean sure Carr has had some bad years but is it all his fault ???
i think it would give us at least a new perspective. carr, while not the root of everything that has gone wrong with this franchise, surely has to carry some of the blame. i think the team would be good to get due compensation and cut ties. hopefully acquire plummer and at some point draft a QB to take over in a couple of years.
Old 02-23-2007   #3
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 378037 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans do not have the level of talent that would allow David Carr to succeed. Even his most diehard supporters agree with this point. If we are unable to field a consistent running game, a Pro Bowl offensive line, and a dominant defense, Carr will continue to struggle. It will probably be another two years before we can field that kind of team, too.

So adding a QB that can do more with less would definitely help this team, although it must be said that we probably won't find that QB in this year's FA market or draft.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

That would be require a June Allison type answer.........it "Depends". Do we have a solid O-line, RB and scheme/game plan. If no, then no.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #5
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The Texans do not have the level of talent that would allow David Carr to succeed. Even his most diehard supporters agree with this point. If we are unable to field a consistent running game, a Pro Bowl offensive line, and a dominant defense, Carr will continue to struggle. It will probably be another two years before we can field that kind of team, too.

So adding a QB that can do more with less would definitely help this team, although it must be said that we probably won't find that QB in this year's FA market or draft.
thats what i'm saying, so should we just stick with Carr for now and try to make other aspects of the team better for now, instead of wasting money on a FA QB who still wont succedd for another 2 years ???
Old 02-23-2007   #6
SESupergenius

I said it would be the same given that the assumption is that we have not increased the talent field anywhere on the offense.
Old 02-23-2007   #7
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Well wasnt Carr doing good until we started getting injuries along the O-Line, like after Flanagan got hurt ?
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2007   #8
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

no, a new o-line would though, how bout you make that poll.
Old 02-23-2007   #9
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
no, a new o-line would though, how bout you make that poll.
well its obvious a better o-line would, but it could also make carr better too.
Old 02-23-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
That would be require a June Allison type answer.........it "Depends". Do we have a solid O-line, RB and scheme/game plan. If no, then no.
You are dating yourself .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 200878 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I will tell you something that I'm 100% sure of .

There is only one way of finding out what a new QB can do . We already know what the old QB can do .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #12
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
I think a new QB would make a big difference. Call me crazy, but I don't think our current line WANTS to block for David Carr, nor do they want him in Houston still. Our guys show much more heart when they're out there blocking for Sage.

The only o-lineman i've ever heard stick up for DC is Steve McKinney...that's it! I personally think Sage should start in 07 and Kubiak should look for a young QB to groom in 08.
Old 02-23-2007   #13
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

A new QB would make a marginal difference at best. Until, the Texans fix their O-Line the poor offensive performances will continue. I know casual fans don't understand this, but it takes more than QB's, RB's, and WR's to have an effective offense.
Old 02-23-2007   #14
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
I think a new QB would make a big difference. Call me crazy, but I don't think our current line WANTS to block for David Carr, nor do they want him in Houston still. Our guys show much more heart when they're out there blocking for Sage.

The only o-lineman i've ever heard stick up for DC is Steve McKinney...that's it! I personally think Sage should start in 07 and Kubiak should look for a young QB to groom in 08.
HAHA come on now do you think they are not giving their all for david carr, they can lose their jobs just as easy as he can if they dont perform well.
Old 02-23-2007   #15
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
HAHA come on now do you think they are not giving their all for david carr, they can lose their jobs just as easy as he can if they dont perform well.
For whatever reason, DC has the Texans' brass wrapped around his finger. EVERYTHING's always someone else's fault. It's never Carr's. I'm sick of it.
Old 02-23-2007   #16
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
For whatever reason, DC has the Texans' brass wrapped around his finger. EVERYTHING's always someone else's fault. It's never Carr's. I'm sick of it.
Never CARRS fault, than what the hell are we all talking about. Hmmm the media says its all carrs fault, the Fo is obviously looking around for a new QB, and all the fans. Come on now give me a break, saying its always some elses fault, if thats the case why dont we ever hear about how awful our O-Line is anymore ? Why dont people talk about it ?
Old 02-23-2007   #17
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Never CARRS fault, than what the hell are we all talking about. Hmmm the media says its all carrs fault, the Fo is obviously looking around for a new QB, and all the fans. Come on now give me a break, saying its always some elses fault, if thats the case why dont we ever hear about how awful our O-Line is anymore ? Why dont people talk about it ?
because the o-line isn't the 'sexy' part of a football team people want to talk about. fans want playmakers. fans want explosion. but they don't realize that the o-line makes all that happen. Kubiak just said on NFL Network that it's "his job to make Carr better." That doesn't sound like a guy who's eager to get rid of him. I agree that our o-line needs serious help, but for some reason, Bob McNair's not willing to concentrate on that position.
Old 02-23-2007   #18
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
because the o-line isn't the 'sexy' part of a football team people want to talk about. fans want playmakers. fans want explosion. but they don't realize that the o-line makes all that happen. Kubiak just said on NFL Network that it's "his job to make Carr better." That doesn't sound like a guy who's eager to get rid of him. I agree that our o-line needs serious help, but for some reason, Bob McNair's not willing to concentrate on that position.
yes i agree, but all i'm saying is that there is alot of pressure and blame on Carr, so i dont see how you can say, everyone else is getting blamed except him.
Old 02-23-2007   #19
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
yes i agree, but all i'm saying is that there is alot of pressure and blame on Carr, so i dont see how you can say, everyone else is getting blamed except him.
i'm just tired of seeing everyone holding carr's hand and listening to Kubiak say "aww...it's my fault he's not playing well." i'm not saying everyone else is getting blamed, i mean it seems to me like Carr always gets a free pass on his performance.

I think it's a matter of pride with Bob McNair. He just doesn't want to come out and admit that he made a mistake in 2002. agree??
Old 02-23-2007   #20
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
i'm just tired of seeing everyone holding carr's hand and listening to Kubiak say "aww...it's my fault he's not playing well." i'm not saying everyone else is getting blamed, i mean it seems to me like Carr always gets a free pass on his performance.

I think it's a matter of pride with Bob McNair. He just doesn't want to come out and admit that he made a mistake in 2002. agree??
actually i wont say he made a mistake UNTIL carr has a fair shot, i mean he came into a new team who had nothing to build on, was sacked a record amount of times in 02. Hasnt had the luxury of going to a team with a good foundation like a lot of QBs who are drafted. He has never REALLY had good protection. So in 5 years i'll let ya know whether or not i think McNair made a mistake or not.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read