Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Do you think Texan fans would have blind support like the Titan fans
yes 19 29.23%
no 46 70.77%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007   #1
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Pacman: A serious question for Texan Fans or just NFL fans in general

I was surfing around the TOMB, because I was curious to see how the Pacmangate thing is playing out and I was appauld at what I found and read, especially in threads like this

Keep or Cut: Pacman Jones

and it only gets worse

The Pacman support thread

I guess my question is....

If the Houston Texans had a player with a wrap sheet long enough to deplete the rain forrest, but he could play ball, would you or do you think Texan fans would be as ignorant in their blind support of a thug as Titan fans, just because he makes big plays on Sundays?

What they are writing over there isn't even funny, its sad, and they are being hypocrites.

I would love to see if they would have this kind of support for a avg. player, but I think we know the answer there.

Nobody should ever bash this FO for choosing "Character" guys again after watching the Titans or Bengals.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-23-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #2
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Default Re: Pacman: A serious question for Texan Fans or just NFL fans in general

Your completely overexaggerating the situation. I am from TOMB, and most have SUPPORT for him, but do not appreciate what he does. I agreed for the most part to your post in TOMB, because I know he is nothing but trouble as well. But wait to see how many ppl support him if he is guilty of this incident in Vegas... last time I checked TOMB, 40 ppl said they think PacMan is innocent and 20 think he is guilty. There is not a poll or topic about what would happen if he is found guilty....

I wouldnt call 40-20 blind support either, you should know it isnt surprising most think he is innocent..
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #3
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Pacman: A serious question for Texan Fans or just NFL fans in general

OJ Simpson.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
Your completely overexaggerating the situation. I am from TOMB, and most have SUPPORT for him, but do not appreciate what he does. I agreed for the most part to your post in TOMB, because I know he is nothing but trouble as well. But wait to see how many ppl support him if he is guilty of this incident in Vegas... last time I checked TOMB, 40 ppl said they think PacMan is innocent and 20 think he is guilty. There is not a poll or topic about what would happen if he is found guilty....

I wouldnt call 40-20 blind support either, you should know it isnt surprising most think he is innocent..
He's always innocent, just another case of a guy always in the wrong place at the wrong time, damn the bad luck.

- Edmund Burke
Old 02-23-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i hope the rumors of trading a 3rd for him are true. i'll do that deal so fast my head would spin.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #6
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think that there would be elements that would back him to the hilt, but in general I would like to think that people would be a bit more reasonable.
Old 02-23-2007   #7
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
He's always innocent, just another case of a guy always in the wrong place at the wrong time, damn the bad luck.

If you read my post then u know I do not feel that way, and if you spent more than 2 minutes on TOMB then you would know more than 90% of us don't feel that way either.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2007   #8
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i hope the rumors of trading a 3rd for him are true. i'll do that deal so fast my head would spin.
Why did you get banned from TOMB?
Old 02-23-2007   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
Why did you get banned from TOMB?
never got a reason why. too bad.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #10
DarkNinja
Veteran

David Carr is the perfect example of blind support. He is still on the roster.
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #11
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
David Carr is the perfect example of blind support. He is still on the roster.
Do you have to turn every thread into a Carr thread. I don't even like to go into the Bull Pen because of that crap, lets try to keep it out of the NFL discussion.

- Edmund Burke

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 02-23-2007 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-23-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Pac-Man belongs in Buffalo or Green Bay....the kind of place that Dirty South rappers don't go to.....the kind of place that has last call at 11:30 pm.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #13
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

There is not blind support for him. I heard many titan calls on ESPN radio showing their disgust with him.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #14
1-3
Veteran

1-There is isn't blind support

2-We would have very similar levels of support if it was our home team guy. The idea that Tennessee Titan fans of all people would somehow be more loyal than our fans or any other fans, is pretty dumb.
1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #15
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-3 View Post
1-There is isn't blind support

2-We would have very similar levels of support if it was our home team guy. The idea that Tennessee Titan fans of all people would somehow be more loyal than our fans or any other fans, is pretty dumb.
Its not about loyalty if thats what you call it. Its about ignoring off the field discretions solely because of things a player does on the field.

and I don't think we would have similar support here.

The guy is leading a poll over there by 70%......He spits and beats on women.

If our fanbase gave a guy support like that here, thats a fanbase I don't want to be apart of.

- Edmund Burke
Old 02-23-2007   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

edit

- Edmund Burke
Old 02-23-2007   #17
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
I was surfing around the TOMB, because I was curious to see how the Pacmangate thing is playing out and I was appauld at what I found and read, especially in threads like this

Keep or Cut: Pacman Jones

and it only gets worse

The Pacman support thread

I guess my question is....

If the Houston Texans had a player with a wrap sheet long enough to deplete the rain forrest, but he could play ball, would you or do you think Texan fans would be as ignorant in their blind support of a thug as Titan fans, just because he makes big plays on Sundays?

What they are writing over there isn't even funny, its sad, and they are being hypocrites.

I would love to see if they would have this kind of support for a avg. player, but I think we know the answer there.

Nobody should ever bash this FO for choosing "Character" guys again after watching the Titans or Bengals.
A guy with the posting name of "Carr Bomb" getting appalled by "blind support". If that isn't a play on words, I don't know what is.
Old 02-23-2007   #18
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I just don't believe it is the NFL's job or their teams to sanction the morality or actions of their players. That's for the POLICE to do.

People that work at Goldman Sachs and many other fine institutions are engaged much worse behavior than pacman jones. Am I condoning him? Not in the least. He's a poor example to me right now of what african-american men need to be doing. That being said I get tired of hearing about character.
This is a BUSINESS. At the end of the day winning makes folks look the other way on alot of stuff. Pacman gives the Titans a chance of winning period.
Old 02-24-2007   #19
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Pac-Man belongs in Buffalo or Green Bay....the kind of place that Dirty South rappers don't go to.....the kind of place that has last call at 11:30 pm.
Who the hell goes to Nashville? Maybe Memphis.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #20
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Pacman is just the Maurice CLaurett that made it to the NFL.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read