Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2007   #1
texun
Rookie

Default Thomas Jones for David Carr?

Chicago Bears running back Thomas Jones is seeking a trade. David Carr would be an upgrade from Rex Grossman and could do well in the Bears system. Thomas Jones is one of the best running backs in the league and is a quality player with a lot of gas left in the tank. This could be a good trade for everyone.
texun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #2
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Thomas Jones for David Carr?

Source?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #3
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texun View Post
Chicago Bears running back Thomas Jones is seeking a trade. David Carr would be an upgrade from Rex Grossman and could do well in the Bears system. Thomas Jones is one of the best running backs in the league and is a quality player with a lot of gas left in the tank. This could be a good trade for everyone.
Thought I read a post some time ago that Bears will not let Jones go. Anyway, before we cut,trade any player we need to have a better option. But that is my view and others disagree.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Hmmm i think Carr has been about as inconsistent as Grossman, and even thought alot of it had to do with defense didnt he get the bears to a superbowl ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I would ask for a source too because i don't understand why a starting back on a superbowl team is asking for a trade.

I wouldn't go for it anyway.

IF we trade Carr it leaves us with a bigger hole at QB than we have at RB at the moment.
Old 02-23-2007   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out the other forums every once in a while..

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=35545
Old 02-23-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have posted on that one since I came past this one.

Would like to know the rationale for it, other than it is in his best interests.
Old 02-23-2007   #8
Koolbrz
Veteran

Quote:

I agree with you. It would be a good trade for both teams. DC is an upgrade over Grossman. I feel that DC throws a better deep ball than Gross. I am speaking of the deep balls he throw the last couple of yrs. when they kinda decided to go deep. Grossman is not very accurate. TJ would be a great add. as well as an upgrade over the backs that we have. He runs with power and has excellent speed. Great field vision also, Not to mention the winning attitude he would bring to the team. Only question is, would the Bears be interested in such a trade?
Koolbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I would ask for a source too because i don't understand why a starting back on a superbowl team is asking for a trade.

I wouldn't go for it anyway.

IF we trade Carr it leaves us with a bigger hole at QB than we have at RB at the moment.
The Bears are in LOVE with Cedric Benson. I would assume the Bears would love to dump Jones' salary.

Also, why is everyone on this board head over heels for David Carr??!!!??!!???!
Sage Rosenfels is NOT a big drop off from DC. Just the opposite, actually.
Old 02-23-2007   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
The Bears are in LOVE with Cedric Benson. I would assume the Bears would love to dump Jones' salary.

Is Jones making any money in Chicago?? didn't they get a deal on him since he more or less was a bust in 'zona??

Cedric is going to be featured more and more.... I think the money dictates that.

No doubt Thomas Jones' production will keep him around, but the Bears are going to be working with Cedric, focusing on Cedric, where Jones is going to feel like he has to compete for his job(which he has rightfully earned) every week. That's got to take a toll on a man.
Old 02-23-2007   #11
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Is Jones making any money in Chicago?? didn't they get a deal on him since he more or less was a bust in 'zona??

Cedric is going to be featured more and more.... I think the money dictates that.

No doubt Thomas Jones' production will keep him around, but the Bears are going to be working with Cedric, focusing on Cedric, where Jones is going to feel like he has to compete for his job(which he has rightfully earned) every week. That's got to take a toll on a man.

As soon as the Bears drafted Benson #4, Jones KNEW his time was running short. He wants to be a featured back in the NFL, and he is certainly capable of doing that.

hmmm....

RB - Jones/Taylor/Dayne

I like that.

BUT...

I think Chris Taylor has all the makings of a fine NFL STARTING RB. It's time we give him the real shot that he deserves.

NO DEAL.
Old 02-23-2007   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:

Sort of like the QB position in Houston....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 133123 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

kinda like duece new it when Bush was drafted?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
That's a completely different situation.

Reggie doesn't project well as a full-time RB. They complement each other well. Bush, however, will spend most of his time in the slot or even as a 'decoy' in the backfield. Deuce's job isn't in jeopardy.
Old 02-23-2007   #15
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Deuce has nothing to fear because he is a REAL RB and not a WR in disguise like Bush.
Old 02-23-2007   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Sort of like the QB position in Houston....
Far as I know, that position has never been earned by anyone.
Old 02-23-2007   #17
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And that just shows you what you know. David Carr earned that job during his first training camp, when he competed against Kent Graham and Ben Sankey.
Old 02-24-2007   #18
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Actually I was all for doing this last year when the same thing was happeneing between Jones - Bears management - and Benson. Chicago came into camp and named Benson the starter outright and Jones got upset by it as he felt they were slighting him after his production on the field. Fast forward to this year - they go to the superbowl on his legs - benson cant find the playing field and yet Bears management still is trying to play benson who is obviously so far been a wash at RB and has nto produced on the field long term without being injured.

If I were TJ I would be shopping for a deal anywhere but in Chicago. Last year I think he was a RFA [dont remember atm], so this year its possible hes a FA and IMO would be a good starting RB for us if we could get him. I would not trade DC for him though as he should be able to be signed for a decent deal without breaking the bank and we could trade soem of our RB depth [Gato, Lundi, Taylor] to make the deal.

I'm sorry to the posters above callign for Taylor as the starting RB here because honestly I just havent seen it from him. He did average in the browns game - not spectacular. Its not like the Browns havea top-tier Running defense either. I'm all for giving him more reps and seeing what he can do on the field, but as experience has shown me more than once - You play like you practice. Since Taylor showed he had fumblitis in pre-season it seems like he doesnt practice well IMO that was the reason why he hasnt seen the field for most of the 06 season. If hes back in camp with us next year, I would put all of RB's on the field with the first unit and see who produces - who wants it more. So far Dayne has shown he wants the job more than any of the other choices we have on the team by far. Just telling the coach you need reps in a game doesnt get you very far - they need to see you produce it on the field in practice first. Thats sound coaching for any player on the team.

IMO Dayne is a good short yardage back and would be a good 3rd down option for us - we need that burst RB now to compliment him. Jones or someone similar with good break-open speed is who we need now to move forward and give us a good 1-2 punch with the running game.
Old 02-24-2007   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, I kind of think a certain new guy in Tennessee earned it and still didn't get it....but, I won't say his name.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #20
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post

You know your right!You are so right that is why Miami dumped him a couple of years ago.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read