Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2007   #1
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Lightbulb omg Vince Young honored in state capitol

http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_051163942.html

Wow I am speechless on this.....The Texas senators even honor him as well.Where is he going to be honored next? I say George Bush Jr will be the next one...Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???
Old 02-23-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: omg Vince Young honored in state capitol

Who cares
Old 02-23-2007   #3
geofb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post
http://keyetv.com/topstories/local_story_051163942.html

Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???
Hardly. The consensus pick at QB in last year's draft plays for the Arizona Cardinals now. If we made a mistake in our draft board rankings, so did just about every other team. Though it will be years before we know if we made a mistake or not.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

this is about as overboard as Lucky's signature.

you do remember he won the national championship here for UT?

that's all they are honoring him for. not his play in the pros. he is a texan remember.

and who cares who the state senate is honoring. how about they spend some time improving the education system instead of honoring VY.
Old 02-23-2007   #5
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post
I say George Bush Jr will be the next one...Is fate rubbing it in our face for choosing the wrong guy???

and yes... fate is rubbing it in your faces..

sorry!
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post

sorry!
hmm, way to wear a suit vince....jeans and a t-shirt when you shake the presidents hand? man oh man.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #7
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

VY asks GW for some pointers on the Wonderlic Test.
Old 02-23-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
hmm, way to wear a suit vince....jeans and a t-shirt when you shake the presidents hand? man oh man.
well at least he is not wearing his helmet
Old 02-23-2007   #9
DarkNinja
Veteran

Alright!! Thats the way you should greet the president when you both know that you two don't give a David Carr's butt about each other!!

Its good that they honored him. He should be, he deserves it!
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNinja View Post
Alright!! Thats the way you should greet the president when you both know that you two don't give a David Carr's butt about each other!!

Its good that they honored him. He should be, he deserves it!

I don't get that at all.

And yes, he did deserve it. that was the best college football game ever.
Old 02-23-2007   #11
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

That's good. Nice to see him get the praise. Cause we all know what he endured and still endures.
Old 02-23-2007   #12
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post

sorry!
I think I am psychic now......Its good too see Vince being honored. He wouldn't have got playing time if he wasa Texan.
Old 02-23-2007   #13
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
oh goodness i think the world is going to stop b/c vince didn't wear a suit to the white house.
Old 02-24-2007   #14
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Thrill View Post
oh goodness i think the world is going to stop b/c vince didn't wear a suit to the white house.
the only reason people made a big deal about it is that meeting with the prez is a somewhat special and most importantly formal occasion, no matter what your politics are. i guess tenn10 was able to find an academy in the DC metro area to grab a fleece pullover for the unmomentous occasion of meeting the leader of the free world.
Old 02-24-2007   #15
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what happened is they lost his luggage that had his suit on the way to meeting the pres after the '05 championship.. i remember the austin news making a huge fuss about it here
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

I'm not a fan of John Kerry at all but if he was the Pres. and i was to meet him, I'd sure as hell wear a suit and be polite. I'm not saying Vince wasn't polite or anything though... I'm just saying I would be as presentable as possible and show my respect.

Now about him losing his luggage. that would suck. i'd probably by a cheap suit or rent one...or something...unless i get off the plane and have to go straight there.

I'm not trying to make that one thing into such a big deal, i'm just saying that I would have shown more respect.
Old 02-24-2007   #17
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
the only reason people made a big deal about it is that meeting with the prez is a somewhat special and most importantly formal occasion, no matter what your politics are. i guess tenn10 was able to find an academy in the DC metro area to grab a fleece pullover for the unmomentous occasion of meeting the leader of the free world.
OMG, he didn't wear a suit to meet the Prez! Big Deal!!

I'm sure Carr would have worn a full suit and been the most pleasant, stand-up choir boy that you could imagine....what does all of this mean? Absolutely nothing. Give me the QB that can play football and be a great leader to his team.

Given a choice between the choir boy who wears a suit to meet the Prez and can't play to his abilities OR one who wears a jump suite but improves your team....I'll take the better QB anyday.
Old 02-24-2007   #18
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm not a fan of John Kerry at all but if he was the Pres. and i was to meet him, I'd sure as hell wear a suit and be polite. I'm not saying Vince wasn't polite or anything though... I'm just saying I would be as presentable as possible and show my respect.

Now about him losing his luggage. that would suck. i'd probably by a cheap suit or rent one...or something...unless i get off the plane and have to go straight there.

I'm not trying to make that one thing into such a big deal, i'm just saying that I would have shown more respect.
I also heard that his luggage didn't arrive with the flight, been there done that. Also heard that he was still encouraged to attend the function. I don't know if someone Vince Young's size could easily buy or rent a cheap suit in the amount of time that they had. Perhaps in hindsight it would have been better to come up with a flu story and skip the whole thing. That would have probably been criticized as well though.

Congrats to Young for yet another well deserved honor.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

guys...we've done this before
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=18745

and my point still stands. Screw Bush...i wouldn't shake his hand...he's not even worth my saliva to spit on it

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #20
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
you know you are either jealous, envious, or placing the blame in the wrong direction when you start attacking the person VY, and not the quarterback VY. Honestly, who cares what he wears?
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read