Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2010   #161
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i'm gonna go on the record saying that this is my FIRST post in this thread.
BTW...Nice avatar. Very nice.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #162
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I can understand what you are saying. That guys like Andre, Pitts, Moulds, & Dunta don't want to be starting over, and we need to start winning. If we don't start winning, that those players will want to go to a winning team, like all the other high profile FAs. You're saying if we dump Carr, we'll have to find a replacement, and it'll take three years to groom him. A guy like Plummer won't do anything, but postpone the inevitable three year QB incubation period if we don't find our new QB in the'07 draft. & by the time he is ready to help us win, Andre, Pitts, Moulds, & Dunta would've moved on.

You're saying we need to put players around that core of guys, before we even worry about how good/bad our QB plays.

That makes sense to me. That line of thinking. You think pulling David would be equivalent to knocking over that first domino.

We, on the other hand, believe that not pulling David is equivalent to knocking over that first Domino. I agree, Andre & Dunta are going to walk, if we don't start winning, if we don't show a commitment to winning. If David is the best QB we can put out there on Sundays. If that's the best we can do, or if that's the best we are willing to have on this team, then how serious are we about winning?? David has not shown the slightest glimpse of being ready to start in this league. He can't go through progressions, he can't recognize mismatches, he can't beat a blitz, and he can't buy you time in or out of the pocket.

But hey, I'll support David being a Houston Texan in '07... but I think he should be holding a clip board trying to keep up with Kubes on the sideline. Let him be the #2 guy in training camp... let him prove that he can play at a very high level against the 2s & 3s in the Preseason, let him show that he understands the offense on the practice squad, and let him surprise the heck out of everyone when he comes in late in the 4th Qtr when we are blowing out some other team, or getting blown out. Let him show that he doesn't need three Qtrs to get "warmed up" Let him earn the job, and prove that he belongs on the field on Sunday, and not the sideline. If nothing else, let him get to week 4 without avg 4 sacks a game.
So, I was on the side of the get rid of Carr guys????

The bolded part.... sorta Deja Vu'ish......

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's insane. We know our offensive line needs to get better. We understand our defense isn't in the top half of the league. We understand we need better running backs, We understand we need better Corners & Safeties. We know we need to get more pressure on the QB.

But you name it, DE, DT, CB, Safeties, LBs, TEs, WRs, RBs, LTs, Guards, Centers, FBs we've been swaping them for 5 years now. All we ask is the same commitment to making this team better as it relates to the QB position.
ooh.... didn't remember this post......
Old 12-15-2010   #163
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i'm gonna go on the record saying that this is my FIRST post in this thread.
PD, is that the chick in Toronto's avatar? Sure looks familiar.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #164
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL Ibar Harry
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #165
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 263877 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I can't believe I didn't post in this thread.
I was wondering also why I didn't post in this one, but then I looked at the date on the last post before today and I wasn't even a member yet when this thread was active. I would have had a lot to say if I was here at the time. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #166
CretorFrigg
Fire Rick Smith

Rep Power: 33670 CretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respectedCretorFrigg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't here when this thread was made...

But I'll admit I was a Carr fanboy at the time.
Old 12-15-2010   #167
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 3824 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Just went through the whole thread....and I'm sensing a pattern here.
I just did the same thing...Wow...I was a Carr supporter at the time and after I came to my senses, I vowed to not fall into that trap again with anybody.... The only reason I didn't have some stupid comment was that I was posting on the HT official board at the time.

It is funny how the name and position has changed but all the arguments are the same..
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2010   #168
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
I just did the same thing...Wow...I was a Carr supporter at the time and after I came to my senses, I vowed to not fall into that trap again with anybody.... The only reason I didn't have some stupid comment was that I was posting on the HT official board at the time.

It is funny how the name and position has changed but all the arguments are the same..
This was the official board back then....at least the history is.

I'll bet you're on here somewhere.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #169
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 336338 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Whohoo - my first post in this thread.
Old 12-15-2010   #170
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I just wanted Bigbots to see how ridiculous his thread "To the "Fire Kubiak" gang (Read before Responding)" is going to look in a year or two from now.
Dang it Hookem, I just opened the forums and this thread title caught my eye. I think I had the thoughts of..

"NO F'n way he's back"
"WTF"
"Oh crap, this is our big move for the season"
"It's gotta be an old thread"

among others in the background all cross my mind within milliseconds of each other. Almost a malfunction of the brain with too many thoughts all crammed in at ones.

(whew, and didn't post in the thread back in the day) Gotta pick the love / hate side with wisdom lest threads be reanimated.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010   #171
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

The Carr Wars were a harbinger to the Kubiak Rebellion. What we have here is not a failure to communicate, but a failure for some to see through the Battle Red, Liberty White and Steel Blue.

Personally I do not see any similarities in the two outside of McNair's public comments, or lack thereof.
Old 12-16-2010   #172
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Personally I do not see any similarities in the two...
I see the the parallel. The excuses made for the lack of production.

Carr needs an o-line.
Carr needs more weapons.
Carr needs a new coach.

How's that different from:

Kubiak needs a defensive coordinator.
Kubiak needs a veteran GM.
Kubiak needs a playcaller.

What about what the Texans need? When is Bob McNair going to put the team first, ahead of his favorite pets? Carr wasn't repairable. I don't think Kubiak can be fixed, either. Furthermore, why fix him? It's time to put the team first and hire a fixerupper.
Old 12-16-2010   #173
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrfan4life08 View Post
Im a big supporter of david carr. But if you guys think hes no good your dead wrong. He has played on a team who has the worst o line i ever seen. he doesnt have the help he needs to suceed. He been hit more times then any other qb in this league without a question and all you guys do its throw him under the bus for it. I am sick and tired of people who complain about carr. He does not deserve this. I hope he goes to a team that appriciates his hard work. Houston does not deserve him
The way this team has been cursed, I think Houston does deserve him.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #174
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I see the the parallel. The excuses made for the lack of production.

Carr needs an o-line.
Carr needs more weapons.
Carr needs a new coach.

How's that different from:

Kubiak needs a defensive coordinator.
Kubiak needs a veteran GM.
Kubiak needs a playcaller.

What about what the Texans need? When is Bob McNair going to put the team first, ahead of his favorite pets? Carr wasn't repairable. I don't think Kubiak can be fixed, either. Furthermore, why fix him? It's time to put the team first and hire a fixerupper.
Agree with this.

Wow, I really got started in this thread about Page 5 . I really hated Carr.
Old 12-16-2010   #175
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

I support David Car....being as far away from the Texans sidelines as is humanely possible!!!

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #176
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hookem you necromancer!
Old 12-16-2010   #177
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

One of my friends recently passed...he was a Niners fan and on a forum we frequented his signature line was "Patiently awaiting Carrmageddon."

RIP Sean.
Old 12-16-2010   #178
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I just wanted Bigbots to see how ridiculous his thread "To the "Fire Kubiak" gang (Read before Responding)" is going to look in a year or two from now.
Wooooo doggy. Funny stuff in this thread and point taken. But boy did spurstexansstros get taken to the woodshed!
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010   #179
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119380 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Okay here's my support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
see what I mean. with fans like that would you want to give up body for the team. showing a jock strap that is on the IQ level of a cowboy fan.
Damn, sts, I show my "support" and you call me dumb? Man, why didn't I remember this when I met you last season. LOL! Just kiddin, bro.

BTW, the picture used to be a jockstrap, which was all the support I could muster at the time.

Also. lmao at petedy. He/she and I had many heated "disagreements" over his/her boy. Petedy had to be a friend or family. Everywhere HWSNBN went, Petedy was on their message board pimpin him.
Old 12-16-2010   #180
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. Actually Carr did end up on the 49ers so there is some merit to the Steve Young comparison. Also both got their starts on bad expansion teams. Unfortunately for Carr and Hulk75 the comparison ends there.

BTW, I apologize to spurstexansastros. This was in no way an attempt to belittle him. I just bumped the first pro-Carr thread I could find.

Actually I am curious though, at what point spurstexansastros did you change your tune on Carr? Assuming you have changed your tune on Carr.
Thanks for bringing back the memories..

Yeah I supported Carr. I loved that he played hard and gave it his all despite lack of protection, running game and overall lack of coaching during his early years. I wonder what Kubiak could have done if he drafted him..who knows the qb we have now likes to throw lawn darts and game ending pick 6's.

I think I new Carr needed to go was in his last Titans game he got blasted by three guys for a sack and for the first time he didnt want to get back up..it was his time to go and it worked out for him he got a Superbowl ring.

I support whoever is wearing a Texans jersey and if they leave then good luck to them. I support Kubiak now and I would support the next guy whoever they are.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read