Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-25-2007   #121
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post
See everyone always brings up how sage almost came back in the Tenn. game and won with the same players. No one ever mentions the second time we played the jags and carr got hurt. Sage came in at the 4th quarter, he was 1/3 9yds and had a sack. So if your goin to use stats from the Tenn. game im gonna use stats from the jags game seems fair right? all im saying is its an unfair comparison unless you talk about all game rather than just the good ones. Just to also point out, if anyones interested that second jags game, go back and watch carr and how he handles the entire game, he did wonderful in my opinion. just spectacular so yes i acknowlege hes had bad games but i will be the first to point out his good ones. just my 2 cents
First of all, I was just correcting the guy above me who said David had 5 fumbles, & 2 int's in that game.

I'm going through now, watching all the games again. I just watched the first Jax game, and that was definitely a good game for David. He started off slow, but really came on in the fourth.

Now SAge in that second game, he threw the ball 3 times... What could you have expected?? 100 yds?? 3 for 3??
Old 02-25-2007   #122
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 150814 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
First of all, I was just correcting the guy above me who said David had 5 fumbles, & 2 int's in that game.

I'm going through now, watching all the games again. I just watched the first Jax game, and that was definitely a good game for David. He started off slow, but really came on in the fourth.

Now SAge in that second game, he threw the ball 3 times... What could you have expected?? 100 yds?? 3 for 3??
Owen Daniels caught it and fumbled or something or it would have been 2/3 ... but #%$^ it we don't make excuses anymore for anybody .
Old 02-25-2007   #123
t_flare
Veteran

dont forget Saga stats in Dallas too...

Carr... I hope this year you will get more talent you you deserve... hopefully a consistant running game and at least a average O-Line
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #124
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

That wasnt my point, my point was that in just 1 quarter of play sage couldnt manage barley any yards and was sacked behind the same online carr plays behind. what i was refrencing to is that sage is not our savior and that is all. you just happened to post about his good game so i used your post to comment on that.
Old 02-26-2007   #125
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
That wasnt my point, my point was that in just 1 quarter of play sage couldnt manage barley any yards and was sacked behind the same online carr plays behind. what i was refrencing to is that sage is not our savior and that is all. you just happened to post about his good game so i used your post to comment on that.
Even in my post, I wasn't saying he had a good game. He threw an INT that contributed to that loss, just as much as David's little mis-haps.

I wasn't ragging David. I was correcting someone who said David lost that game. My post was a no he didn't.

& I wasn't praising Sage..

But I wonder how you can say Sage could barley manage any yards in one Qtr of play, when he wasn't asked to do much of anything. At best, you could use that game to say, "See, Kubiak took the ball out of Sage's hands as well."
Old 02-26-2007   #126
real

Quote:
You can draw that big of a conclusion from 3 plays?

Lets see.....

3 plays, in a game that he had been sitting on the sideline cold for almost the whole game...

VS.

40 or so plays in the pre-season.....

Yeah I guess it makes PERFECT sense to judge Sage from that Jacksontown game...
Old 02-26-2007   #127
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

It's ridiculous to use either of those two games (Tenn. or Jax) to assess Sage. One game, Tenns. defense was in "prevent' mode during mop-up time and in the other, the Texans were in "kill the clock" mode.

Try judging the guy on his whole body of work through 6 seasons......
Old 02-26-2007   #128
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Try judging the guy on his whole body of work through 6 seasons......

And how do you suppose we do that ?

Look at his stat line ? W-L record ? 40 time ?

Do you happen to have any of Sage's game film laying around? Maybe we could all come over and view it together.

All I know is that Sage has looked good in this offense, and I hope he get's an actual shot, not figurative....
Old 02-26-2007   #129
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
And how do you suppose we do that ?

Look at his stat line ? W-L record ? 40 time ?

All I know is that Sage has looked good in this offense, and I hope he get's an actual shot, not figurative....
It was kind of a rhetorical comment, given the fact that the guy has only started 2 games in 6 years. There is no way to really assess Sage unless you start the guy... If the latest rumors are true about Carr staying here, I understand that Carr will start... HOWEVER, if he is benched (i.e. Tennessee) not only replace him that game, but start Sage the following game as well.

In other words, I liked the fact that Kubes benched Carr (something the old regime would have never done), but I want Kubes to follow through even futher - Start Sage the following week and then we will have someting really tangible to judge him on...
Old 02-26-2007   #130
TexHorns
Veteran

I dont like any of the other options right now so I say give Carr one more year.
TexHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #131
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
In other words, I liked the fact that Kubes benched Carr (something the old regime would have never done), but I want Kubes to follow through even futher - Start Sage the following week and then we will have someting really tangible to judge him on...
O.K....my bad.....I thought you meant something else....

I agree with you on that point...
Old 02-26-2007   #132
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217165 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHorns View Post
I dont like any of the other options right now so I say give Carr one more year.
I don't like any of the options right now so I say open up the competition for QB and let the best man win.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #133
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't understand post like this...

It's like some of you guys are Carr fans and not neccessarily Texan fans.

If that's the case.....I totally understand.
They are fake Texan fans! Find another team...
Old 02-26-2007   #134
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Texans need your help.
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #135
WildCat_Texan
Veteran

Ok, here's my 2 cents. #1 I am a Texan fan. I've never lived in Houston, but I love that town! Long story..anyways, It broke my heart when the Oilers left. The moment I knew Houston was going to get a franchise, I was jumping for joy. When it comes to Carr, I want him to be here. He's tough, durable and has taken a LOT of heat. Yes, he's deserved some, but guys..he's NEEDED a line. Period. I hope to the Lord Almighty that if he does stay, he just straight up lights it up! If he doesn't stay, then let him light it up somewhere else, just not with against our Texans. (sorry Dave) I know he will succeed. He's got it. We just didn't give him the line he and the running game needed. Now we're here. And now we're reaping what we sowed. But, we will win, and we will have the bragging rights, especially all of us that never bashed, never threatened to stop being fans. I will be one of the many that believed, no matter how ugly it got, no matter how long it took. We will win. WE WILL BE PROUD!

Go Texans!!!

Texan Fan in Kansas.
WildCat_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007   #136
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCat_Texan View Post
Ok, here's my 2 cents. #1 I am a Texan fan. I've never lived in Houston, but I love that town! Long story..anyways, It broke my heart when the Oilers left. The moment I knew Houston was going to get a franchise, I was jumping for joy. When it comes to Carr, I want him to be here. He's tough, durable and has taken a LOT of heat. Yes, he's deserved some, but guys..he's NEEDED a line. Period. I hope to the Lord Almighty that if he does stay, he just straight up lights it up! If he doesn't stay, then let him light it up somewhere else, just not with against our Texans. (sorry Dave) I know he will succeed. He's got it. We just didn't give him the line he and the running game needed. Now we're here. And now we're reaping what we sowed. But, we will win, and we will have the bragging rights, especially all of us that never bashed, never threatened to stop being fans. I will be one of the many that believed, no matter how ugly it got, no matter how long it took. We will win. WE WILL BE PROUD!

Go Texans!!!

Texan Fan in Kansas.
David Carr will get no support from me. If wants my support, he should look in the dictionary between **** and syphillis. That's where he'll find my support.
Old 02-26-2007   #137
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

here's my 2 cents...one whether you hate him, dislike him, like him, or love him david carr right now is our quarterback...right now the choices this franchise has at QB are not plentiful...you could either:

sign garcia a guy who has struggled to win on clubs with subpar talent
trade for matt schuab a guy who may not fit the scheme we run here
hope that jake plummer is cut and then hope he wants to play since there has been rumors of him wanting to retire
keep david carr but leave the starting job up for grabs with sage
or simply hope for brady quinn to fall to us at the 8th overall pick and start him

needless to say our options are not great...there is no answer up here that will solve this problem...so here's what i purpose we do

unless jake plummer is cut and wants to be a texan david carr is our guy...i know i know just deal with it...but we should have an open competition for the starting job in mini-camp through pre-season...we should also draft kevin kolb in round 2 to add to the competition...if carr wins the job then everyone needs to keep one thing in mind...one guy doesn't win or lose games for you it takes a whole team effort...we have seen david play like total crap and still win ala oakland this past season...we've seen david play great and still lose ala st. louis back in 05...the main thing is we as a team need to get better...every position...every player

dunta robinson needs to be more productive...1 or 2 ints a season isn't going to cut it
andre johnson needs to be in the double digits with touchdown receptions
mario williams, travis johnson, and jason babin all need to improve on their sack count
owen daniels needs to become a more consistant producer on the field
the o-line needs to shape up and play a complete game
and whoever our runningback is needs to become a gamer

if we start producing at all levels then we'll start winning regardless of the QB
Old 02-26-2007   #138
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
David Carr will get no support from me. If wants my support, he should look in the dictionary between **** and syphillis. That's where he'll find my support.
So what you are saying then is if he leads the team to the playoffs and the Super Bowl you still would not support him. If he has a MVP year you would not support him,right? Then obviously you have nothing but hate for the guy and to pin all the woes on him alone is truly unfair. It is a team game and the whole team together wins or loses. The defense has to stop the other team and the offense has to score points.Every player will have a down year or two
especially learning a new system and having the injuries to the o-line like last year. Everyone will be improved this coming season and they should be a joy to watch.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #139
A Texan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedy View Post
So what you are saying then is if he leads the team to the playoffs and the Super Bowl you still would not support him. If he has a MVP year you would not support him,right? Then obviously you have nothing but hate for the guy and to pin all the woes on him alone is truly unfair. It is a team game and the whole team together wins or loses. The defense has to stop the other team and the offense has to score points.Every player will have a down year or two
especially learning a new system and having the injuries to the o-line like last year. Everyone will be improved this coming season and they should be a joy to watch.
Every player will have a down year or two? Carr has had 5 down years. Most of us are tired of the "He just needs another year or two" and "David is great, it's all the other players and all the coaches fault that he's the way he is". If given another year it would be the same old whine next year.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #140
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Texan View Post
Every player will have a down year or two? Carr has had 5 down years. Most of us are tired of the "He just needs another year or two" and "David is great, it's all the other players and all the coaches fault that he's the way he is". If given another year it would be the same old whine next year.
So it mens you'll continue to whine then.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read