Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-24-2007   #81
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

Carr sucks are you kidding me!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #82
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedy View Post
Why do you think it is up to one man and not up to the team as a whole?
...name 1 other team player that gets the same special treatment that Carr gets-- no competition, starts regardless of whether he is the best player, entire game plan is fitted to suit Carr, players are shuttled in and out to accomodate David's wants and needs,etc.,etc,

...team as a whole? OK...so when does the 'coddling' stop?
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #83
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

I want the Texans to win, and after all the knocks and hits I would love Carr to be the QB that leads us to our first winning season.

The team has talent - just not enough yet.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #84
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i want a winning team on the field. if that means carr is the starting qb...then good. i fthat means he's somewhere else playing, i'll cheer for him there. irregardless, a winning qb doesn't make a winning team. jmo.
Old 02-24-2007   #85
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATHANHALE View Post
...name 1 other team player that gets the same special treatment that Carr gets-- no competition, starts regardless of whether he is the best player, entire game plan is fitted to suit Carr, players are shuttled in and out to accomodate David's wants and needs,etc.,etc,

...team as a whole? OK...so when does the 'coddling' stop?
I think you are on the wrong post shouldn't you show your disdian for Carr on the other thread where you can be with rest of the haters.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #86
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
Carr sucks are you kidding me!
Wrong post go to the other thread where you can say all matter of things about Carr and why he sucks then tell everyone about your football prowess. Then you can tell how you did that or this and you could've played in the NFL but were over looked because you were to busy giving towels to the football team.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #87
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedy View Post
I think you are on the wrong post shouldn't you show your disdian for Carr on the other thread where you can be with rest of the haters.
Texanstruefan is hogging the board and he went first....
Sponsored links
Old 02-24-2007   #88
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Give him some supporting casts. Like an O-Line and a talented RB like all day... Then I bet the Carr haters would be all over the bandwagon...

Until then, no one is gonna succeed in Houston.
Old 02-24-2007   #89
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
Give him some supporting casts. Like an O-Line and a talented RB like all day... Then I bet the Carr haters would be all over the bandwagon...

Until then, no one is gonna succeed in Houston.
Except the backups like Rosenfels and Banks who played better than him. Is this the same RBs that included DD, who was their best offensive option for years and the backups we had to depend on this year when we took the ball out of the QBs hands in order to win a few games?Just wondering...let me guess when a QB takes his place and does do well the cry will be "why didn't Carr have that line." When are people going to learn that the QB has lot more to do with the sack total than just the line.
Old 02-24-2007   #90
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Except the backups like Rosenfels and Banks who played better than him. Is this the same RBs that included DD, who was their best offensive option and the backups we had to depend on this year when we took the ball out of the QBs hands in order to win a few games?Just wondering...let me guess when a QB takes his place and does do well the cry will be "why didn't Carr have that line." When are people going to learn that the QB has lot more to do with the sack total than just the line.
Well since you are just wondering... Then let's repeat the facts. Rosenfels has NOT played better than Carr, he played in a game that the other team had a huge lead in and played a soft zone defense. Like bend, but don't break... And when did Banks ever play better than anyone? At san Francisco? Give me a break....

And as for injury prone DD, he was a back-up running back for 31 other teams at best. We had an O-Line that accelled in run block but not pass block...
Old 02-24-2007   #91
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When are people going to learn that the QB has lot more to do with the sack total than just the line.
We disagree!

Signed,
Randall Cunningham (484)
Dave Krieg (494)
Old 02-24-2007   #92
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well since you are just wondering... Then let's repeat the facts. Rosenfels has NOT played better than Carr, he played in a game that the other team had a huge lead in and played a soft zone defense. Like bend, but don't break... And when did Banks ever play better than anyone? At san Francisco? Give me a break....

And as for injury prone DD, he was a back-up running back for 31 other teams at best. We had an O-Line that accelled in run block but not pass block...
Completely untrue. The score was 21-3 and they weren't in a prevent the whole half. Once the Texans scored once it was a game again and they went back to their normal D. People act like it was 35-7 in the 4th quarter. He threw for 3 TDs and was still in there with the game on the line. Banks played better than Carr at times. He got wins that Carr didn't. People are lying to themselves if they didn't see a difference in the pocket between Rosenfels and Carr in those games. Does that make Rosenfels a stud?No. It just means that there is alot more to sacks and an offense then the black and white of line blocking and good QB play.

OK, so DD is injury prone and the O-line could run block where DD had good years..so doesn't that defeat the argument that he had no running game?And there was no answer why Ron Dayne can run well on 2 teams while we take the ball out the QBs hands. You can't have your excuses and eat it too. There is a reason why the RBs and lines on Tenn and Dallas both went from being killed in the media to an afterthought when other QBs stepped in. Both teams running game picked up and the lines didn't look half as bad.

Last edited by HoustonFrog; 02-24-2007 at 02:34 PM.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #93
NATHANHALE
Veteran

Quote:

Explain. Carr threw for 3200yds/16 tds in '04 with more sacks than '06...excuses, please.
Old 02-24-2007   #94
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
In all fairness to Salaam, there was a play early in that game, after David's second sack(neither Salaam's fault), Ron Dayne ran off LT... Salaam was his lead blocker. As Salaam was squaring up to block one of two Linebakers, the first one dove and hit him square & hard in the knees. the second one came & hit him again at the knees, then Ron Dayne fell on top of him.

Salaam went out, Bedell came in David was sacked again, and Salaam was thrown back out there.

David's not the only one who's taken shots for this team.

& I bring this up to say if you're going to blame anyone for this loss, pointing at the Tackles, blame Kubiak. He never should have let Wand go, if Bedell was the best FA he could find to back up Salaam. It's not like Seth was making any money to worry about.

I've been a very big Wand supporter, so you won't hear me argue against that.
Old 02-24-2007   #95
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Payton basically calls his own plays. That makes him very comfortible with what he is trying to do. It makes his teammates comfortible, because they also give him input to what is happening when they come back to the huddle. They know he will listen and they are part of the spy network on the field. They know how the defense is playing them. This gives the QB more time to call and work the play, since he doesn't have to wait for everyone to go through all of the fakes on the sidelines while trying to send the play to the QB or make up their mind as to what is going to be. More importantly he learns to work the no huddle to catch the defense off guard in perhapes critical situations.

Step back and think. Carr looked very good in the two quarters he called his own plays. The team was into it with him and that was stated at the time. The coaching staff took over the play calling and that was the end of the story.

Kubiak wants and demands to call all plays with no changes allowed. At least that seems to be what is said by him including the press so I have no reason to doubt the statements.

Is it just possible - as I have so often said - that the coaches don't see what the QB is seeing. Perhapes the QB can not read the mind of the coach and what he is thinking. I have always said let David call a few games and lets see what happens. There's nothing like your teammates knowing you really are the leader on the field. Football is a chess game played by rugged individuals. As such, you need to know why you are making the moves and where you are going with your moves.

Bobby Fisher could make 30 moves and tell you to take over and I doubt you would know what to do. That's my point. The QB has to know where he is going with the plays. HC's today get involved in the wrong parts of the game. Remember, a HC is like a CEO, he should dictate policy and let his management impliment the policy. In this case the policy is the game plan and management is the QB.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #96
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Flame:

Link: Warning Lame "Houston Has a Problem" headline.

I think this fairly represents the national view of the Texans situation as it relates to the QB position.
Old 02-24-2007   #97
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Flame:

Link: Warning Lame "Houston Has a Problem" headline.

I think this fairly represents the national view of the Texans situation as it relates to the QB position.

I don't know about that. Most I talk to, whether it be family and friends here, in Dallas or those that are in football to some extent or another always seem to say the same thing..."how does that guy keep geeting shots." Most national talk I hear is that the guy and the line have their equal problems and a new start will benefit all. I also don't trust many opinions that don't watch the games consistently. Seeing highlights of a guy getting sacked alot and then the final score isn't showing the real story.
Old 02-24-2007   #98
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Why is it that if Arizona, Miami, Denver, Oakland, Dallas & Tampa Bay have a problem keeping their QB upright, the obvious fix is to change the QB. But if Houston's QB can't stay on his feet, we're stupid for thinking about changing QBs??

Why??
Old 02-24-2007   #99
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Why is it that if Arizona, Miami, Denver, Oakland, & Tampa Bay have a problem keeping their QB upright, the obvious fix is to change the QB. But if Houston's QB can't stay on his feet, we're stupid for thinking about changing QBs??

Why??
That is something that I shake my head about daily TK. This happens in the NFL year after year yet we are supposed to sit and wait for the perfect storm.
Old 02-24-2007   #100
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is something that I shake my head about daily TK. This happens in the NFL year after year yet we are supposed to sit and wait for the perfect storm.

I had a response typed up, but I realized it has been posted here ad nauseum. Much like politics, you'll believe what you want to believe no matter the argument.

Go Texans!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read