Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2007   #61
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan
Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone exagerated the talent of the Tennessee Titans. I knew it. They are no more talented than the Houston Texans, which is why most of us.. yourself included... figured we would sweep the Titans in '06. Actually, we thought we would sweep the Titans, because we felt we had more talent than the Titans.

& yeah, some of Tennessee's offense was tailored to their QB, and lack of talent at WR... but he was still asked to adapt to the NFL, & take the majority of his snaps from under center.

The knock on Vince, was that he wouldn't be able to adapt to the NFL, and now it seems the NFL is going to have to adapt to him.

But, that's neither here nor there. We've got a QB that played in a college system that is much closer to what NFL teams run in the NFL, than what was ran at UT in '05. How has our QB adapted to playing in the NFL?? Has he made the transition yet??

& if you were going to design your offense around him, what would you do?? what kind of plays would you put in for him?? what kinds of formation??

& Don't tell me about the personnel you'd bring in, because that fella in tennessee didn't have anything special brought in. They got a Center... We got a center. They got a WR, we got a WR..... only ours was able to play, and theirs wasn't.

They got 1662 yards from their RBs, we only got 1492. 170 yards difference, 10 yards per game.

They have 8 games where their RBs rushed for less than 100 yards, and never had a 100 yard game(by their RBs) three games in a row. Where the Texans have only had 7 games under 100 yards, and a 5 game streak of 100 rushing yards or more.

The Titans RBs have had 3 games with less than 40 yards rushing, We have had 2.

Defensively, the Titans are dead last in Total D. We were 24th. They were 30th against the run, we were 20th. They allowed 20 rushing TDs, we allowed 16. They were 27th against the pass, we were 22nd. They allowed 24 passing TDs, we allowed 22. They got to the QB 26 times, we got to them 28 times.

They are not a more talented team than we are.

Just because we never took an offensive lineman in the first round, doesn't mean we never invested in the OL. We've taken two offensive linemen on the first day in 2002, one in 2003, We drafted a Center(5th round) in 2005, and two tackles on the first day in 2006. That's 5 first day picks, 6 picks overall, in a 5 year period.

Time, they've got a system to learn, just like the QB.... the biggest benefit any offensive line can have, is playing together. The longer you have your starters playing together, the better. What should be our starting Line in '07 has been playing together for the last 3 games. All we need is our LT. having one guy trying to learn the system is going to be better than having 5 guys trying to learn the system.
I dont think Vince is much different than M Vick, once you learn how to play him and play his game he cant do much, i mean look at Vick sure he's exciting to watch but how many rings does he have ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #62
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
I dont think Vince is much different than M Vick, once you learn how to play him and play his game he cant do much, i mean look at Vick sure he's exciting to watch but how many rings does he have ?
& that's not the point. The point is that the Titans had a better W/L record than we did, with many of the same problems we are facing. Defensively, they don't put as much pressure on the QB as we do. They've got a corner, a LB, and a DE worth talking about.

Offensively, our WRs are better. Flat out, no ifs, ands, or buts. & our run games weren't all that dissimilar.

But they've got more wins....
Old 02-23-2007   #63
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
& that's not the point. The point is that the Titans had a better W/L record than we did, with many of the same problems we are facing. Defensively, they don't put as much pressure on the QB as we do. They've got a corner, a LB, and a DE worth talking about.

Offensively, our WRs are better. Flat out, no ifs, ands, or buts. & our run games weren't all that dissimilar.

Is their O-Line better than ours, i mean the stats will be misleading since Young is a scrambler but from what you've seen, is their O-Line better than ours ?
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #64
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264941 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan View Post
Is their O-Line better than ours, i mean the stats will be misleading since Young is a scrambler but from what you've seen, is their O-Line better than ours ?
What do you think?? Like you said, you can't judge by sacks, since their QB is pretty hard to bring down.

But their run game has been less consistent than ours....

But I doubt they'll be thinking about OL on the first day of the draft, and I think we should.
Old 02-23-2007   #65
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Better coaches.
Old 02-23-2007   #66
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Bush View Post
Oh yeah, I personally think Carr should stay because there is no one available that is better and I would like to see how he plays this coming season after all of this turmoil, and a 2nd season under Kubes system with another descent offseason. Smell a turnaround
You must have a VERY good sense of smell. It just smells like ******* to me.
Old 02-23-2007   #67
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

If you use the metric of games that "could have" been won like the Bills and Giants game

Then you have to apply that to the Titans also
They have 4 games that they could have easily won
Jets
Dolphins
Colts
Ravens

The Titans 'could have' been 12-4
The Texans 'could have' been 10-6
Old 02-23-2007   #68
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
If you use the metric of games that "could have" been won like the Bills and Giants game

Then you have to apply that to the Titans also
They have 4 games that they could have easily won
Jets
Dolphins
Colts
Ravens

The Titans 'could have' been 12-4
The Texans 'could have' been 10-6
coulda, woulda, shoulda....

maybe next year we can go 7-9!! YES!! a whole game difference. break out the confetti for the big party. woohoo.

This team has been poorly run since its inception in 2002. If this team REFUSES to acknowledge the need to move David Carr out of Houston, it will just be the icing on the cake. In all fairness, Gary should've gotten rid of him when he got here. It makes perfect sense....struggling QB, new coach, NEW QB. It's not rocket science.
Old 02-23-2007   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Better coaches.
That's what I would think as well.... my point, is that our talent isn't as bad as the Carr Homers say we are.

Talent wise, I'd put us in the area of the Jets & KC, and easily as good as Buffalo, Jacksonville & Tennessee, if any of those teams are thinking playoffs in '07, I think we should be as well.

The Jets & Kansas City got into the play-offs this year, KC at 9-7... there's no reason to believe that couldn't have been us.

We need to get more talent on this team.... we need to upgrade several positions, and increase our depth.. But those teams are thinking the same thing.

We don't need to be waiting for a ProBowl RB, OLT, Center, RG & TE before we start expecting to have a winning season.
Old 02-23-2007   #70
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

DC, like the entire Texans team, has my support until he proves without a doubt that he can't get the job done, when most of the proper tools are in place.

Go Texans!
Old 02-23-2007   #71
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
DC, like the entire Texans team, has my support until he proves without a doubt that he can't get the job done, when most of the proper tools are in place.

Go Texans!
For all we know, we're chasing our tail. If we keep changing every piece but one, and the whole never gets fixed, we've got to change the way we're going about fixing it.
Old 02-23-2007   #72
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
For all we know, we're chasing our tail. If we keep changing every piece but one, and the whole never gets fixed, we've got to change the way we're going about fixing it.
Or the replacement parts are damaged upon delivery and should be returned to the sender.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #73
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

I meant coaches?
not coaches.
Old 02-23-2007   #74
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
Or the replacement parts are damaged upon delivery and should be returned to the sender.
Of course, that must be it. It makes absolute sense, that every piece we've selected other than the very first piece is broke.
Old 02-23-2007   #75
Let's try this again
Rookie

no thanx
Old 02-23-2007   #76
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

If the Texans FO decides to stick with Carr, then I am all for giving him my 101% support. If they decide to let him go though (hopefully to the Vikings being my 2nd fav team) then David will still get my 101% support to succeed wherever he is...
Old 02-23-2007   #77
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 66472 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
LOL! I thought it was pretty funny.

Until you learn correct grammar, you might want to refrain from accusing other posters of having an "IQ of a cowboy". LOL

P.S. A person that has an adage of Carr being Superman under his screen name is admitting to his/her sub par football IQ. Good day mate!
Title of thread..."Show your support for David Carr here"..

Seems some of our higher IQ? posters are having a reading comprehension problem. They are predictable to say the least..

Exactly what were you expecting to read on this thread...

Old 02-24-2007   #78
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 66472 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Of course, that must be it. It makes absolute sense, that every piece we've selected other than the very first piece is broke.:
TK Did you clik on the wrong thread? This is the "Show your support for David Carr here" thread...

I think you are looking for the "Show your distain for David Carr here" thread.

It's gotta be the water...

Old 02-24-2007   #79
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Why do Carr fans have to deflect onto other players? Surely if you believe Carr is that good he should stand on his own and there be no need to bring others into a Carr discussion.
Why do you think it is up to one man and not up to the team as a whole?
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007   #80
NATHANHALE
Veteran

...once we start a QB that knows how to work the pocket(protection), you people are going to be amazed-add in a vertical passing game and effective decision making and looky/looky-we got an NFL QB. Carr?

Last edited by NATHANHALE; 02-24-2007 at 01:25 PM.
NATHANHALE is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read