Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2007   #41
Keldar
Veteran

Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

I would give him another year here.

This off-season, fix the line, fix the RB, and see what happens.
Keldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #42
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

can we please rename this thread to the 'official Carr homers thread'

geez, it seems like any supporter of Carr is either a family member or a resident of California.

screw Carr and the horse that he rode in on.
Old 02-23-2007   #43
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I know it, you know it, but it was completely ludicrous to hear how DC blew this game and blew that game - completely by himself, all season long.
I am not into bashing the guy but you would have to admit he single handedly lost the Titan game in Tenn. What did he have, like 5 fumbles, three for a loss, one returned for a TD and threw 2 picks, all in the first half.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #44
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I am not into bashing the guy but you would have to admit he single handedly lost the Titan game in Tenn. What did he have, like 5 fumbles, three for a loss, one returned for a TD and threw 2 picks, all in the first half.
Yes but i did see him put us in position to win some games and the D blow the game.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #45
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Beleive me when I tell you, that that game was miserable and there have been others along the way where I have just scratched my head (along with yelling some really choice cuss words) too . I won't use the lame O-line excuse either (although it still - 5 years later needs to be addressed), like some apologists will. Bottom line, he needs to learn to hold on to the football. He certainly is not Warren Moon that can overcome those fumbling issues, as Moon had to do in his career.

I just don't think throwing him to the wolves in his rookie season - with an expansion team - was the right thing to do. I think most everyone put unrealistic expectations on him from the get, including Ownership, managememnt, coaching staff and the fans... Especially after beating the 'Gurls.

I think a fresh start for both sides will do wonders if thats the route the organization goes. IF Carr does return and start in '07, so be it. I will be at every home game and at every watch party cheering 'them' on. (Them would include the QB position).

Afterall, (I have to go for the cheese here) I'm a Texan!!

I know, I know........
Old 02-23-2007   #46
Just
waterboy

It is of my humble opinion..... that David will lead us into the playoffs in 2007.... I predict a breakout year for him and the Texans. And furthermore...
Just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #47
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:

Ha! Personally, I put the blame for the loss of that game squarely on Weigert and Salaam. NO WAY we lose that game if the tackles could have kept the Titans from double-crunching Carr.

I think Carr is a phenomenal athlete and an asset to the club. Every QB makes bone-headed decisions. I remember watching Favre throw interception after interception last year against the Bengals.

Carr is not the problem. Anybody who thinks otherwise should look at some facts about David Carr:

1. Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. David Carr can throw Brett Favre even further.
2. When David Carr enters a stadium, he doesn't turn the lights on, he turns the dark off.
3. The grass is always greener in an outdoor stadium, unless David Carr has been there. In that case the grass is most likely soaked in blood and tears.
Old 02-23-2007   #48
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

dont ya just love sarcasim !?!?!?
Old 02-23-2007   #49
jerenns
Rookie

It doesn't make sense that Carr takes as much of the blame as he does. Does anyone really think Jake Plummer is better-I don't! If Carr had a solid line and a premier RB I believe he could be a top QB. Even Peyton Manning looks horrible when he's under pressure-so stop throwing Carr all the blame and lets actually work as a team unit not just blaming David Carr every time something bad happens.
jerenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
2 fumbles, both lost, one returned for a TD. 1 interception is all I remember. The score was 14-3 Tennessee when he left the game at the beginning of the third Qtr, we lost 28-22, with Sage playing for basically a whole half. If AJ would have caught that ball that bounced off his shoulder pads into Pacman's (whom he clearly had beat) hands, we still could have won that game.
Old 02-23-2007   #51
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Ha! Personally, I put the blame for the loss of that game squarely on Weigert and Salaam. NO WAY we lose that game if the tackles could have kept the Titans from double-crunching Carr.
In all fairness to Salaam, there was a play early in that game, after David's second sack(neither Salaam's fault), Ron Dayne ran off LT... Salaam was his lead blocker. As Salaam was squaring up to block one of two Linebakers, the first one dove and hit him square & hard in the knees. the second one came & hit him again at the knees, then Ron Dayne fell on top of him.

Salaam went out, Bedell came in David was sacked again, and Salaam was thrown back out there.

David's not the only one who's taken shots for this team.

& I bring this up to say if you're going to blame anyone for this loss, pointing at the Tackles, blame Kubiak. He never should have let Wand go, if Bedell was the best FA he could find to back up Salaam. It's not like Seth was making any money to worry about.
Old 02-23-2007   #52
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

I support Carr.

Now will the team support him and get an O-line in front of him?
Old 02-23-2007   #53
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

My message remains the same. David is a very good QB who has been placed on the worst possible team he could have been placed and VY has had the opposite experience. VY landed on a somewhat talented team with an outstanding HC and an excellent QB coach who were going to adapt their team around the talents of VY. Fisher has said this in no uncertain terms. That is not what happened with David and that has been the whole problem from day 1.

I'm saying when you spend as much money as the Texans did for David then you are obligated to spend additional money in a way to make that investment payoff. The Texans have never done that. Part of the problem of course was the really unexpected loss of MR. B who they thought would be the ultimate LT to protect David. There is no question, but that was probably very true. That didn't happen though and the rest is history.

Yes, they spent a lot of money on AJ, but two players do not make a team in the NFL. Yes, we had DD and he did a lot, but he was also wasted as it turns out. For all of the talent we had, we never invested in an O-line. I still can not understand why.

Here we are talking about the O-line possibly being better next year, but how can you figure on that. Wiegert, bless his heart is a year older, what we had as a LT this year is a year older and a walking hospital case, Spencer is where, and McKinney is a year older. Please give me a break and tell me just why you have optomism regarding the O-line. The front office certainly isn't talking O-line.

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe the problem is David in many ways. Neither do I believe its the fault of the other players, rather I believe it was and continues to be a big management problem. I simply don't believe there is anyway to fix the problem because too many words have been spoken and management is not about to fix the real problem.

If they would have hired Tedford then I think David would have had a chance to overcome the problems. That wasn't going to happen for a whole lot of reasons and Kubiak's style of play calling and coaching just don't fit David. David has tried to make it work, but there is no way he could have made it work. It really isn't a mater of who is right or wrong or anything else. David has never been a good fit for what the Texan's coaching staff wanted to do offensively.

I think it is time for David to move on to a team who will mold an offense around David in away that takes advantage of his strengths rather than his weaknesses. I think David would fit in nicely with the Bears because of Smith and Berrian. I'm certain David could find other places as well, but I think David must be very careful in where he decides to go. He has but a few years remaining and it would be nice to see him accomplish something given all of the abuse he has suffered both physically and mentally.

Its like in a bad marriage when one partner wants to make it work and the other one doesn't or won't make it work. You just can not force a marriage to work. I think David has done what every coach has asked him to do, but it has been to no avail. The Texans have just never had all of the parts on one side of the ball and seem to have no vision that can be seen.

In reality the Texans probably should let David and the offensive side of the ball club go and concentrate on the defensive side. Build one side before trying to build the other side. They can not do both simultaneously because they have too many needs. Yes, the Texans probably need to start all over again.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #54
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerenns View Post
It doesn't make sense that Carr takes as much of the blame as he does. Does anyone really think Jake Plummer is better-I don't! If Carr had a solid line and a premier RB I believe he could be a top QB. Even Peyton Manning looks horrible when he's under pressure-so stop throwing Carr all the blame and lets actually work as a team unit not just blaming David Carr every time something bad happens.
thats just the way it goes, if our o-line gives up 10 sacks a game its carrs fault, if our D blows a lead its carrs fault, if gas prices rise its carrs fault. Its part of the cruel world of beign a sports celebrity. Even though football is a team sport we place the blame on one individual. Funny how it works huh !!!
Old 02-23-2007   #55
2BCF
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24608 2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected2BCF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't understand post like this...

It's like some of you guys are Carr fans and not neccessarily Texan fans.

If that's the case.....I totally understand.
That's exactly what it is.
2BCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #56
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BCarrFree View Post
That's exactly what it is.
well i think ur name tells how you feel about Carr. Atleast there wont be any confusion on how you feel
Old 02-23-2007   #57
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck David, i believe that you can play well. However, you must understand that you need to improve your game as well.
Old 02-23-2007   #58
amazingandre
All Pro

david carr is a good qb.......i like him and think he can be a great leader..........we need to post more the didain thread is catching us lol
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #59
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry View Post
My message remains the same. David is a very good QB who has been placed on the worst possible team he could have been placed and VY has had the opposite experience. VY landed on a somewhat talented team with an outstanding HC and an excellent QB coach who were going to adapt their team around the talents of VY. Fisher has said this in no uncertain terms. That is not what happened with David and that has been the whole problem from day 1.

I'm saying when you spend as much money as the Texans did for David then you are obligated to spend additional money in a way to make that investment payoff. The Texans have never done that. Part of the problem of course was the really unexpected loss of MR. B who they thought would be the ultimate LT to protect David. There is no question, but that was probably very true. That didn't happen though and the rest is history.

Yes, they spent a lot of money on AJ, but two players do not make a team in the NFL. Yes, we had DD and he did a lot, but he was also wasted as it turns out. For all of the talent we had, we never invested in an O-line. I still can not understand why.

Here we are talking about the O-line possibly being better next year, but how can you figure on that. Wiegert, bless his heart is a year older, what we had as a LT this year is a year older and a walking hospital case, Spencer is where, and McKinney is a year older. Please give me a break and tell me just why you have optomism regarding the O-line. The front office certainly isn't talking O-line.

I'm sorry, but I really don't believe the problem is David in many ways. Neither do I believe its the fault of the other players, rather I believe it was and continues to be a big management problem. I simply don't believe there is anyway to fix the problem because too many words have been spoken and management is not about to fix the real problem.

If they would have hired Tedford then I think David would have had a chance to overcome the problems. That wasn't going to happen for a whole lot of reasons and Kubiak's style of play calling and coaching just don't fit David. David has tried to make it work, but there is no way he could have made it work. It really isn't a mater of who is right or wrong or anything else. David has never been a good fit for what the Texan's coaching staff wanted to do offensively.

I think it is time for David to move on to a team who will mold an offense around David in away that takes advantage of his strengths rather than his weaknesses. I think David would fit in nicely with the Bears because of Smith and Berrian. I'm certain David could find other places as well, but I think David must be very careful in where he decides to go. He has but a few years remaining and it would be nice to see him accomplish something given all of the abuse he has suffered both physically and mentally.

Its like in a bad marriage when one partner wants to make it work and the other one doesn't or won't make it work. You just can not force a marriage to work. I think David has done what every coach has asked him to do, but it has been to no avail. The Texans have just never had all of the parts on one side of the ball and seem to have no vision that can be seen.

In reality the Texans probably should let David and the offensive side of the ball club go and concentrate on the defensive side. Build one side before trying to build the other side. They can not do both simultaneously because they have too many needs. Yes, the Texans probably need to start all over again.
here is a quarter. buy a clue you homer.

oh and on a sidenote...feel free to update your paleolithic era avatar....its about as fresh as optimism about David Carr

you tools amaze me sometime
Old 02-23-2007   #60
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone exagerated the talent of the Tennessee Titans. I knew it. They are no more talented than the Houston Texans, which is why most of us.. yourself included... figured we would sweep the Titans in '06. Actually, we thought we would sweep the Titans, because we felt we had more talent than the Titans.

& yeah, some of Tennessee's offense was tailored to their QB, and lack of talent at WR... but he was still asked to adapt to the NFL, & take the majority of his snaps from under center.

The knock on Vince, was that he wouldn't be able to adapt to the NFL, and now it seems the NFL is going to have to adapt to him.

But, that's neither here nor there. We've got a QB that played in a college system that is much closer to what NFL teams run in the NFL, than what was ran at UT in '05. How has our QB adapted to playing in the NFL?? Has he made the transition yet??

& if you were going to design your offense around him, what would you do?? what kind of plays would you put in for him?? what kinds of formation??

& Don't tell me about the personnel you'd bring in, because that fella in tennessee didn't have anything special brought in. They got a Center... We got a center. They got a WR, we got a WR..... only ours was able to play, and theirs wasn't.

They got 1662 yards from their RBs, we only got 1492. 170 yards difference, 10 yards per game.

They have 8 games where their RBs rushed for less than 100 yards, and never had a 100 yard game(by their RBs) three games in a row. Where the Texans have only had 7 games under 100 yards, and a 5 game streak of 100 rushing yards or more.

The Titans RBs have had 3 games with less than 40 yards rushing, We have had 2.

Defensively, the Titans are dead last in Total D. We were 24th. They were 30th against the run, we were 20th. They allowed 20 rushing TDs, we allowed 16. They were 27th against the pass, we were 22nd. They allowed 24 passing TDs, we allowed 22. They got to the QB 26 times, we got to them 28 times.

They are not a more talented team than we are.

Quote:
Just because we never took an offensive lineman in the first round, doesn't mean we never invested in the OL. We've taken two offensive linemen on the first day in 2002, one in 2003, We drafted a Center(5th round) in 2005, and two tackles on the first day in 2006. That's 5 first day picks, 6 picks overall, in a 5 year period.

Quote:
Time, they've got a system to learn, just like the QB.... the biggest benefit any offensive line can have, is playing together. The longer you have your starters playing together, the better. What should be our starting Line in '07 has been playing together for the last 3 games. All we need is our LT. having one guy trying to learn the system is going to be better than having 5 guys trying to learn the system.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read