Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-23-2007   #1
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Show your support for David Carr here

Everybody

I guess all the Carr haters would just call me an apologist and anyone who posts on this thread would be labeled as such. Heck for my support of #8 I have been accused of being in his family. From what I understand his brother does post here and he(david) may even read this crap. This is not total blind love of David Carr thread. I know he has made mistakes and this year there were some games in which he looked like he had post-traumatic stress syndrome. He isnt the home town kid, he isnt the heisman winner nor the second coming of warren moon. What he is is a damn good quarterback, who gets back up when he should stay down. and the look in his eye is that he wants more. He wants to get in there and win.
He hasnt been surrounded by the best talent or coaches. Give the guy a break. The coaching staff is now better and the o-line has improved and will be dramtically better with last years draft. I know the knock on Carr is that he is too soft and that he puts christ over football. He doesnt have what it takes to be a winner. well being from San Antonio I have heard the same knock on another David and once he had a stable coaching stafff and some help look what he did. Also do you rockets fans remeber the knock on Hakeem, was that he was too soft and put his faith over the team. well look what he did once he had a good coaching staff and some help.

The point is that I believe that David is our QB who can be great with the help of a good staff and a good team and most importantly our support. so I am asking all the Texan fans who have been there since the oilers left town to show David Carr that we support him and want him to stay and be the QB that will lead our team to the Super Bowl. Go Texans and F* the Cowboys
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #2
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Default Re: Show your support for David Carr here

He is a fighter...don't give up david... just take it as inspiration...and run with it.
Old 02-23-2007   #3
TexansSB07
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 TexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexansSB07 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I suuport and respect what you say, I always liked David, he has always been upfront and honest even opening parts of his life he may not be comfortable showing (his son's juvenile diabetes). I say once more with feeling, but if he drops the ball mid-season I think he needs to sit and reevaluate what he wants
TexansSB07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #4
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Okay here's my support.

Old 02-23-2007   #5
real

I don't understand post like this...

It's like some of you guys are Carr fans and not neccessarily Texan fans.

If that's the case.....I totally understand.
Old 02-23-2007   #6
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Okay here's my support.

hahahahaha lmao thats wayyyy more support than i can offer
Old 02-23-2007   #7
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 2316 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

No fan of the name on the front of the jersey, but everyone likes to pile on the name on the back of the #8 and no one else on the team or franchise gets as much heat. Not even the other #1. there are hundres of pile on or trade david threads. lets keep one going that shows our support.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2007   #8
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

see what I mean. with fans like that would you want to give up body for the team. showing a jock strap that is on the IQ level of a cowboy fan.
Old 02-23-2007   #9
B.Diddy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurstexanstros View Post
No fan of the name on the front of the jersey, but everyone likes to pile on the name on the back of the #8 and no one else on the team or franchise gets as much heat. Not even the other #1. there are hundres of pile on or trade david threads. lets keep one going that shows our support.
If thats the case why don't you change your name to SpursCarrAstros it would be more truthful
Old 02-23-2007   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Everybody

I guess all the Carr haters would just call me an apologist and anyone who posts on this thread would be labeled as such. Heck for my support of #8 I have been accused of being in his family. From what I understand his brother does post here and he(david) may even read this crap. This is not total blind love of David Carr thread. I know he has made mistakes and this year there were some games in which he looked like he had post-traumatic stress syndrome. He isnt the home town kid, he isnt the heisman winner nor the second coming of warren moon. What he is is a damn good quarterback, who gets back up when he should stay down. and the look in his eye is that he wants more. He wants to get in there and win.
He hasnt been surrounded by the best talent or coaches. Give the guy a break. The coaching staff is now better and the o-line has improved and will be dramtically better with last years draft. I know the knock on Carr is that he is too soft and that he puts christ over football. He doesnt have what it takes to be a winner. well being from San Antonio I have heard the same knock on another David and once he had a stable coaching stafff and some help look what he did. Also do you rockets fans remeber the knock on Hakeem, was that he was too soft and put his faith over the team. well look what he did once he had a good coaching staff and some help.

The point is that I believe that David is our QB who can be great with the help of a good staff and a good team and most importantly our support. so I am asking all the Texan fans who have been there since the oilers left town to show David Carr that we support him and want him to stay and be the QB that will lead our team to the Super Bowl. Go Texans and F* the Cowboys
Lima now checks his sign .... Sosa digs in ... here's the stretch and the pitch ... SWUNG ON ... OH MY ... IT's NOT A MATTER IF IT"S GONE BUT HOW FAR . This one's a 85 mph Lima fastball down the middle .
Old 02-23-2007   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy View Post
If thats the case why don't you change your name to SpursCarrAstros it would be more truthful
Your signature disturbs me because I recognize what it means....

Anyways, I love David and I love the Texans. I want David to be here, but if he gets traded, I will just have to get over it and wish him the best of luck. I will never let a Carr basher win a fight, though. I never have.

Carr Bashers aint got $%^& on me!!
Old 02-23-2007   #12
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy View Post
I am a Texan fan first and foremost but as everyone here knows, I have always been a supporter of David. So count me in. I've been asked if I was his father before too.

I want him to succeed wherever he is, I just want it to be here.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #13
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

All right, that is what im talking about . Lets show him some love . and carr bashers there are your other 100 anti-carr threads go to them please.
Old 02-23-2007   #14
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

At this point I want him to succeed not b/c quite frankly I don't see a better option than him. This year's QB draft and FA or trade possibilities don't look any better than Carr IMO.

I'll give him another season
Old 02-23-2007   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 213437 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I will cheer on whoever is the Houston Texans starting QB in 2007, even David Carr.

But I still have the right as a fan to analyze his play on the field. Praise where it is due, and criticism where it is warranted.
Old 02-23-2007   #16
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 937 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as he wears a Texans' jersey, he has my support!
Old 02-23-2007   #17
B.Diddy
Veteran

[quote=TexansLucky13;603188]Your signature disturbs me because I recognize what it means....

What exactly does it mean.................................

I have always liked david Carr's character i believe he is a geniune good person now haveing said that i feel a change would be the best for his career a new team with a good Oline new fans and a clean slate would give his career new life. I just feel that it's a dark cloud over his head in houston and he might not ever be able to over come it.
Old 02-23-2007   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I don't understand post like this...

It's like some of you guys are Carr fans and not neccessarily Texan fans.

If that's the case.....I totally understand.
I'm a Texans fan first and for most. David Carr is part of the equation as to why after five years were in a leaking boat. Where you and I devege company my friend is that you believe DC is the great satin and I do not. The great satin has been from day one not building the franchise from the inside out. To start over with a rookie or stop gap vet with Plummer...pick any vet on the market, isn't just bad. It's a disater. First you're going to have an A.J. problem very shortly down the road. Secondly barring which method you choose the free agent or the vet stop gap, you're going to have to make the pick of another rookie QB this draft or next to groom. Which means you're by passing a critical need position guy with that first or second round guy. Then you're going to have to start figuring out which guys on the wrong side of five years you're going to keep and who gets replace. You guys have it in your minds that replacing DC automatiacly means imrpovement. What it means in the next three years the team will have a significant turn over. DC dumping is not the magic bean some of you are making it out to be. And if I don't swallow your bildge, how, If I think it is in the best interset of the team overall, and your opinion is dead wrong, does that make me any less of a fan ? Because I can see the dominoes strewn across the floor and you can not ? You know they get the goods for David and pull the trigger, I can live with that. The question on my Texan's mind is why from your corner if the opposoite happens, you can not. In my book someone is a fair weather fan indeed.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 02-23-2007 at 01:47 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #19
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

good point. b Im hoping to clear that dark cloud. I have a question. do you think mario will be treated the same way Carr is? and if he sees how texans fans turn on their players will he stay?
Old 02-23-2007   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
good point. b Im hoping to clear that dark cloud. I have a question. do you think mario will be treated the same way Carr is? and if he sees how texans fans turn on their players will he stay?
Why do Carr fans have to deflect onto other players? Surely if you believe Carr is that good he should stand on his own and there be no need to bring others into a Carr discussion.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read