Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2007   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Adalius Thomas?

I'm surprised there hasn't been anyone calling for AT. I know he's from a 3-4 defense. But with the talent this guy has, he should be able to fit in somewhere. IIRC, he put his hand down in pass rush situations. I wonder if he'd want to be a full time DE, or a passing down DE at least.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/BAL/10015279
Old 02-23-2007   #2
real

Default Re: Adalius Thomas?

muy exspensivo.
Old 02-23-2007   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 143421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
muy exspensivo.
True, very true. The question is, is he worth it? We definetly don't want to overpay for the amount of talent we receive. Hopefully those days are behind us. I gather he'd be scooped up by another 3-4 team or be brought back to the Ravens. I just thought we might want to give it a look see.
Old 02-23-2007   #4
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Expensive, we don't have a chance at him, he is going to San Fran or Cleveland.
Old 02-23-2007   #5
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post
Expensive, we don't have a chance at him, he is going to San Fran or Cleveland.
Hmmm. If San Fran were to somehow corral him then they sure would have an intriguing duo of pass-rushing OLB's in he and Manny Lawson. That would make me thankful for the divisional re-alignment a few years back.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #6
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have Thomas. I think that he's an incredible athlete from a championship-caliber defense that could only help to improve everyone on this team. He's shown how extremely versatile he is, in that he can play most positions on the field.

Even though the system he's in now doesn't quite taylor him to our specific needs, I think he's good enough to shore up our LB core and help DeMeco progress to that next level.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #7
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather spend the cash on Clements.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
I would rather spend the cash on Clements.
I wouldn't mind that either. I just threw his name out there to kick around a bit.
Old 02-23-2007   #9
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously LB is on my list of to-do's but not very high when we have such huge OL and DB issues.
Old 02-25-2007   #10
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Man I want this guy in SF. I think we have a decent shot of signing him also. Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator for Baltimore before accepting the HC job in SF, and Singletary was his LB coach before coming to the 49ers. So they already have a relationship with him. Plus we are about 36 million under the cap and play a defense that fits him. So hopefully he is in red and gold by next season.
SF49erFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #11
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
Man I want this guy in SF. I think we have a decent shot of signing him also. Mike Nolan was the defensive coordinator for Baltimore before accepting the HC job in SF, and Singletary was his LB coach before coming to the 49ers. So they already have a relationship with him. Plus we are about 36 million under the cap and play a defense that fits him. So hopefully he is in red and gold by next season.

I have a friend who's a big SF fan. So i know how you msut feel . I agree good fit for the team and you have a good cap situation again! Agree though i see him in a a few palces. SF, Cleveland, Staying in Baltimore or lured to Big D. You know Jones loves thst sort of acquisition.
Old 02-25-2007   #12
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

$Thats why!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

He shouldn't get a gigantic contract. He's going to be 30 years old once the season starts. I'm sure he'll be looking for a 4, 5, or 6 year contract, but I don't know if I'd sign him for more than 3 years.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #14
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
Hmmm. If San Fran were to somehow corral him then they sure would have an intriguing duo of pass-rushing OLB's in he and Manny Lawson. That would make me thankful for the divisional re-alignment a few years back.
I'd like to see Manny Lawson turn into a nice pass rush threat by next season. This year he was thrown into a starting role and played a ton of snaps. More than Nolan liked and just too much for a rookie, or maybe even any defender for that matter. It isn't like we had a ton of options though, because the depth on the defensive side is pretty awful. He was primarily in on 1st and 2nd downs and dropped back in coverage much more often than going after the QB. Hopefully the 3-4 is fully implemented by next season (People seem to think we played the 3-4 this year, which is not the case) and Lawson can develop his pass rushing skills needed for a DE/OLB in that system. Also another guy to look out for is Parys Haralson, the 5th rounder (2006 NFL Draft) DE/OLB we got from Tennessee. Unfortunely he was injured for the majority of the season, but I think he could prove to be a steal.

Last edited by SF49erFaithful; 02-25-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 02-25-2007   #15
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
This year he was thrown into a starting role and played a ton of snaps. More than Nolan liked and just too much for a rookie, or maybe even any defender for that matter.

http://www.demecoryans.net/dr/content/view/12/26/

Rookie defender.
Old 02-25-2007   #16
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Please_Evolve View Post
I have a friend who's a big SF fan. So i know how you msut feel . I agree good fit for the team and you have a good cap situation again! Agree though i see him in a a few palces. SF, Cleveland, Staying in Baltimore or lured to Big D. You know Jones loves thst sort of acquisition.
Maybe New England...they are in a good cap situation too. I have also heard reports about Green Bay making a push for him. But I'm not sure about Cleveland. They already have Kamerion Wimbley and Willie McGinest so I'm not sure if they would bring in another DE/OLB.
Old 02-25-2007   #17
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Yup, had a good rookie season. Not sure what your point is though.
Old 02-25-2007   #18
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Yup, had a good rookie season. Not sure what your point is though.
The point is just to counter the said notion, "More than Nolan liked and just too much for a rookie, or maybe even any defender for that matter."
Old 02-25-2007   #19
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
The point is just to counter the said notion, "More than Nolan liked and just too much for a rookie, or maybe even any defender for that matter."
Well I don't know how many snaps Ryans played...and even if he did play a lot it doesn't mean he shouldn't of played less. Manny Lawson had a nice season too but it still would have been ideal for him to play less than he did.
Old 02-26-2007   #20
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
True, very true. The question is, is he worth it? We definetly don't want to overpay for the amount of talent we receive. Hopefully those days are behind us. I gather he'd be scooped up by another 3-4 team or be brought back to the Ravens. I just thought we might want to give it a look see.
We only have 10 million in space. We also have to sign our draft picks still, we can't afford him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read