Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-23-2007   #1
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WOW--Lovie Smith and Bears At A Stalemate

It appears that Smith's worth is yet to be proven. Should be a great hire for someone next year.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CHI/10015395
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #2
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler
Default Re: WOW--Lovie Smith and Bears At A Stalemate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBH View Post
It appears that Smith's worth is yet to be proven. Should be a great hire for someone next year.

hmmmm maybe the Texans can hire him as a offense coach assistant or something for next season if they don't establish something.
Old 02-25-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSword View Post
hmmmm maybe the Texans can hire him as a offense coach assistant or something for next season if they don't establish something.

Defense is his specialty...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #4
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, but don't be surprised to see Jessie Jackson intervene at anytime
now.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #5
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
now.
and honestly with the amount of stupidity the bears FO is showing someone should intervene.
Old 02-25-2007   #6
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
now.
Dang, I wish I could retract this post.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Keep in mind he is the only black head coach to ever lose a Super Bowl...I dont know if the Bears want that loosing stigma on their team next year.
Old 02-25-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:

This story surprises me too...

Watch them end up running the team into a 4 year string of 9-7 7-9's with a budget coach like Mike Tice.
Old 02-25-2007   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 54908 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dang, I wish I could retract this post.
If you have ever read any of my posts then you would know that I am not a person who plays the race card or supports the playing of the race cared, but even I gotta scratch my head on this one.

The only thing Lovie Smith has done is take a 3-13 team and turn them into a 13-3 team, won a few Divisional titles, NFC Conference title and took them to a Super-Bowl.

In fact, has Lovie had a losing season as a HC?

One of four things are going on in Chicago, its racial, the Chargers secretly own the team, Bud Adams secretly owns the team, or Bud Adams and the Chargers Co-own the team.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read