Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2007   #1
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post "The David Carr conspiracy."

I've been watching NFL Total Access for any updated news for the Texans and Carr.

What I fell upon to as of today is Kubiak saying that David Carr is going to be the QB next year regardless of what the fans think and that he needs to work with Carr as being "consistant". Which is if he wins a game carry that kind of play on to the other and so on, I totally agree with that with the exception of still drafting Kolb in the 3rd or 4th round if available.

Kubiak's main concern is the offensive tackle position for the 8th pick in this draft. He says that there's alot of depth in o-line and at WR position which I couldn't agree more but if Thomas is available take him or Peterson at RB position.

So my fellow Texans fans our famous Carr is rolling back yet again this year I just hope and pray he don't let us down.
Imatexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #2
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: "The David Carr conspiracy."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post
I've been watching NFL Total Access for any updated news for the Texans and Carr.

What I fell upon to as of today is Kubiak saying that David Carr is going to be the QB next year regardless of what the fans think and that he needs to work with Carr as being "consistant". Which is if he wins a game carry that kind of play on to the other and so on, I totally agree with that with the exception of still drafting Kolb in the 3rd or 4th round if available.

Kubiak's main concern is the offensive tackle position for the 8th pick in this draft. He says that there's alot of depth in o-line and at WR position which I couldn't agree more but if Thomas is available take him or Peterson at RB position.

So my fellow Texans fans our famous Carr is rolling back yet again this year I just hope and pray he don't let us down.
Hope you are right.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #3
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

yay?

Actually, I wouldnt mind having Kolb as a later draft pick. But keeping Carr makes me happy...but I wont be surprised if this is a lie though
Old 02-22-2007   #4
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1227 Imatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedImatexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: "The David Carr conspiracy."

As what he said on the NFL network channel yea dude I'm right.

I knew all along he'd be here anyways because of the extention they gave hima dn the lack or lack there of on the QB sidde of the draft I mean except of Kolb that is.
Old 02-22-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope its true, and like everyone before me has said, a good draft for back up would be great as well. if for nothing else the future and something to look forward to.
Old 02-22-2007   #6
Imatexanfan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post
yay?

Actually, I wouldnt mind having Kolb as a later draft pick. But keeping Carr makes me happy...but I wont be surprised if this is a lie though
I understand lil dude but thats what I saw on NFL network and relaying to ya'll so its your opinion but thats straight from Kubes head to ya'll from the combine in Indiana
Old 02-22-2007   #7
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

This is the happiest I have been since the Texans beat the colts. I am glad Carr is our man, because the more people ive talked to... the more research ive done...the more it makes me want to still root for carr on sundays.

Your our man Carr, lead this team with action.

(still would like us to draft a young one with a later pick...but don't reach, and find someone who fits the system)
Old 02-22-2007   #8
the flash
Rookie

I hope he stays. He is the only jersey that I have right now.
Old 02-22-2007   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imatexanfan View Post

I saw the same press conference. HE NEVER FLAT-OUT SAID CARR WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR. He incinuated that by saying its his job to make him better...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #10
HOOK'EM
Veteran

They are just trying to make a market for him. Carr's done, I can't wait till he's gone!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #11
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I personally think we should trade down in this draft to get more picks. The Texans have twelve positions of need, (Guard, center, tackle, RB, WR, End, DT, two OLB, CB, and two S) and only seven rounds to get it done.

I would love to see us work on getting our Lines strengthened b/c IMO championship teams have solid foundations on both sides of the ball.

I put more value in on the defensive side of the ball right now just b/c of how our division is starting to shape up offensively. I feel the team in our division with the better D is going to win.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
They are just trying to make a market for him. Carr's done, I can't wait till he's gone!
Exactly, they're trying to keep his stock up...WAKE UP PEOPLE!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #13
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If the plan is to keep David Carr. Then the Texans need to take Levi Brown in the first, and Ryan(??) Kalil in the second.

Personally, I'm liking Brown more & more each time I see him. He looks like he'd be a monster in the run blocking scheme.

Imagine: Levi Brown, Chester Pitts, Ryan Kalil, Eric Winston, Charles Spencer.

But if the plan is to sever ties with David Carr, then we need to take Marshawn Lynch(Peterson if he's there) & Stanton in the second.
Old 02-22-2007   #14
jerenns
Rookie

I've been sick of reading message boards where fans are throwing Carr under the bus. Like he's to blame for the lame running game last year which of course puts more pressure on the QB. I sure hope they stick with Carr! I believe we can win if we get him some protection and a top RB.
jerenns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #15
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerenns View Post
I've been sick of reading message boards where fans are throwing Carr under the bus. Like he's to blame for the lame running game last year which of course puts more pressure on the QB. I sure hope they stick with Carr! I believe we can win if we get him some protection and a top RB.
The lame running game that won us our two last games while we took the ball out of the hands of our highly paid QB. I see. I'm sick of fans throwing the rest of the team under the bus while finding every excuse available for a guy who hasn't improved.
Old 02-22-2007   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42947 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
If the plan is to keep David Carr. Then the Texans need to take Levi Brown in the first, and Ryan(??) Kalil in the second.

Personally, I'm liking Brown more & more each time I see him. He looks like he'd be a monster in the run blocking scheme.

Imagine: Levi Brown, Chester Pitts, Ryan Kalil, Eric Winston, Charles Spencer.

But if the plan is to sever ties with David Carr, then we need to take Marshawn Lynch(Peterson if he's there) & Stanton in the second.
I am gonna get hammered for saying this................I like your thought except leave Weary in and take Pitts out. Sorry. There where many times I watched Pitts be unable to make it to the second level for the Zone scheme to work. He is too big and too slow. Pitts is a hellofa talent but does not fit our system. IMO.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #17
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 59 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Smith
David is our starting quarterback. We're excited about him playing in his offense.
espn
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #18
DarkNinja
Veteran

Wow...for the 3rd time/ year in a row. Carr will choke/ suck/ holler and play like high school football ....and I will be right again. This organization will never get right.....oh well anyone needs some tickets?
DarkNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
The Texans want to win now and are looking to make moves that will make them more competitive in the AFC South. Moving Carr isn't going to net a boatload of draft choices or players, and the Texans clearly need players. If no deal can be made, the team is going to be content to stay with Carr as its starting quarterback.

"That's our approach," Kubiak said of having Carr back as his starter. "We all have to get better. David has to get better. He's part of that. We all have to get a lot better, including this coach right here. And I have to continue working with David. He's the key to our franchise getting better."
as if we didn't need more to be said from last year.

I am thinking can the whole staff after this season. Then bring in Marty. It's not we really care about winning a damn post season game at this point. We just want a freaking 9-7 season. 9 and 7. Is THAT SOOOOOOO much to expect??

then we can fire Marty after he lands a 14-2 season to keep up with the NFL way of doing things.
Old 02-22-2007   #20
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I have very hard time believing Carr will be QB next year after all that has been said about him. In five plus years, he really hasn't done anything. The up coming draft will tell us everything as which direction Texans are headed.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read