Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2007   #1
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak on NFL Network right now!!

Kubiak will be on Total Access at the combine right now...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #2
NFLforher
All Pro

Default Re: Kubiak on NFL Network right now!!

And......?
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Some things he said:

Thinks there's a lot of good OT in this draft. Thought we had our franchise LT in Spencer. Thinks its over 50/50 that he'll come back. Will ask a lot more from Eric Winston.

He wants everybody to improve. Wants more consistancy from Carr. Thought he could of done a better job. "My job is to make him better." Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Does'nt put too much thought in the wonderlic. Wants to draft playmakers.
Old 02-22-2007   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.
Aww man.....here we go again.
Mr. White is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post

time to start warming up the Marty-Ball thread making we need better coaches speech
Old 02-22-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Quote:
The way he spoke about him, it sounded like we are going to keep him...:brickwall

its a big smokescreen IMO...
Old 02-22-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The way he spoke about him, it sounded like we are going to keep him...:brickwall

LOLLOL. LOL. LOL
Old 02-22-2007   #8
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some things he said:

Thinks there's a lot of good OT in this draft. Thought we had our franchise LT in Spencer. Thinks its over 50/50 that he'll come back. Will ask a lot more from Eric Winston.

He wants everybody to improve. Wants more consistancy from Carr. Thought he could of done a better job. "My job is to make him better." Thinks Carr can be a top 5 QB in the NFL.

Does'nt put too much thought in the wonderlic. Wants to draft playmakers.

Good OTs???? Thought I would throw some names around, the only one that really stands out to me is Joe Staley from Central Michigan but I think he is a little too raw and might not be able to help too much this year.

After Thomas there seems to be a group of three who should be there in the 2nd but all have been noted as inconsistent and underacheivers.. Tony Ugoh, Levi Brown, Ryan Harris. Then again those words were mentioned with Super Mario and I still agree with the pick.

For the third it looks like Staley, Julius "short arms" Wilson, and another raw prospect James Marten, should be canidates.
Old 02-22-2007   #9
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You guys are funny. Of course he is going to sound like we want to keep him. What would his trade value become if other teams thought that Kubiak didn't want Carr in Houston? It would drop drastically. As of right now, if anyone wants to entertain a trade for Carr, they will have to pay a pretty penny. He is officially our starting QB and the only thing that will change that is a trade.

Rosenfels will not beat him out, either. Hahaha.
Old 02-22-2007   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83762 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I could care less what he decides to do, I'm tired of the QB position.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #11
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
Good OTs???? Thought I would throw some names around, the only one that really stands out to me is Joe Staley from Central Michigan but I think he is a little too raw and might not be able to help too much this year.

After Thomas there seems to be a group of three who should be there in the 2nd but all have been noted as inconsistent and underacheivers.. Tony Ugoh, Levi Brown, Ryan Harris. Then again those words were mentioned with Super Mario and I still agree with the pick.

For the third it looks like Staley, Julius "short arms" Wilson, and another raw prospect James Marten, should be canidates.
I doubt Brown falls to the 2nd Round and Staley may end up picked in the 1st Round as well.
Old 02-22-2007   #12
Samer
Veteran

Quote:
I dont see why he cant be a top 5...give him a good oline for once and see how he reacts. Houston got 2 decent pass-catching tight-ends in Daniels and Putizer and the receiver core is pretty good with Johnson and Moulds..and I think Walter can be a pretty good #3 and Armstrong isn't so bad himself. Just give Carr protection for once and then judge him. I think alot of the other top QB's in the league wouldnt be as good as they are now if they had the oline we have.
Old 02-23-2007   #13
Low Life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bomb View Post
At this point I could care less what he decides to do, I'm tired of the QB position.
agreed.
Old 02-23-2007   #14
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Kubiak needs to realize that's not only HIS job to make this thing work. David's gotta play well on Sundays. And dinking and dunking for the sole purpose of padding your completion percentage isn't going to make this team successful. Am I the only one who thinks David Carr is simply a waste at this point? Waste of time. Waste of a whole lot of money. Waste of talent.....
Old 02-23-2007   #15
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Kubiak needs to realize that's not only HIS job to make this thing work. David's gotta play well on Sundays. And dinking and dunking for the sole purpose of padding your completion percentage isn't going to make this team successful. Am I the only one who thinks David Carr is simply a waste at this point? Waste of time. Waste of a whole lot of money. Waste of talent.....
Do you suggest we start Chris Taylor at QB?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #16
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
Our starting backfield entering the 2007 season should be:

QB- Sage Rosenfels
RB- Chris Taylor
FB- Vonta Leach

I see that you remember how high I am on Chris Taylor. haha.
Old 02-23-2007   #17
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hard to believe anything anyone says during this time of the year.
Old 02-23-2007   #18
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Chris View Post
Have you heard of the West Coast Offense? Dinking and dunking is the name of the game in that style of offense and by the way, the Texans are running a variation of that.
Old 02-23-2007   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

One way to stir the pot again. Almost looks like a little bit of whoops may be we went too far - called damage control. This organization seems to have a way of puting their foot in the mouth. I find it interesting that they are beginning to talk about O-linemen. I wonder if they hired another consultant.

I would think that if they have done the self evaluation they were suppose to do that they figured out they have one heck of a line problem developing. What we have is aging fast and we have no one in the wings. We have at most two young viable O-linemen and they are not considered A grade material at that. I'm not saying they haven't worked hard, but who do we integrate them with.

Some of you want to get rid of Carr and I want to see him leave because I don't think he has a chance to achieve anything with the Texans. Carr probably thinks he can do well here, but I think he is dead wrong simply because the Texans are not willing to update the O-line. The running game is going to suffer as well if we don't upgrade.

Its funny because Wiegert was still probably our best lineman day in and day out, but he has been very injury prone the last few years. Many of you don't think much of him, but he's possibly our best. Since you don't think much of him it certainly means we don't have a heck of a lot of talent at the O-line position. Of course that could also because of the schemes we are using as well. Who knows, except on Sundays we seem to have one of the least talented lines in the NFL for whatever reason. Hell, Payton would probably break the huddle and walk to the side lines and tell the coach to go take the snap.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007   #20
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
No Pick me! I'll play Qb!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read