Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2007   #1
prostock101
Mr. Big

Rep Power: 275 prostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respectedprostock101 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak on tonights news

Mentioned that Carr was a big part of the team and needed to get better..........Hmmmmmmm

Maybe they're not getting the trade offers they hoped for..........

Last edited by prostock101; 02-22-2007 at 08:02 PM.
prostock101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak on tonights news

David Carr is a Houston Texan in 2007, like it or not, IMO.
Old 02-22-2007   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
David Carr is a Houston Texan in 2007, like it or not, IMO.
As far as I know yes....I haven't rescinded anything I said a couple of months ago. The only player i have heard of them actively shopping is Antwaan Peek.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #4
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
As far as I know yes....I haven't rescinded anything I said a couple of months ago. The only player i have heard of them actively shopping is Antwaan Peek.
How exactly do you shop a guy who's going to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in 8 days?
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #5
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
have you heard them shopping peek, or that peek is getting feelers and likely to leave? i heard something one time last year about the Patriots being interested.
Old 02-22-2007   #6
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post
Mentioned that Carr was a big part of the team and needed to get better..........Hmmmmmmm
Finally !
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
How exactly do you shop a guy who's going to become an Unrestricted Free Agent in 8 days?
no idea. I asked my friend if there as anybody i was particularly a fan of who probably wouldn't be here much longer, and he told me peek....I wasn't aware of the contract status, so i just assumed he meant in trade. Shrugs

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2007   #8
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Peek will be allowed to explore free agency if he's not signed to a new contract before March 2. My money's on him being allowed to explore FA. The Texans have no "shop" leverage with him. They can re-sign him to a new contract in the next few days but I doubt they will. If he can't find anything in FA, he could always be re-signed later.

Last edited by aj.; 02-22-2007 at 08:07 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #9
Nighthawk
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock101 View Post

Maybe they're not getting the trade offers they hoped for..........
Let me help--this means they are desperate to get rid of him and are pretending they're not in the hope of getting a decent offer before they have to flush him for next to nothing.
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #10
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just my two cents, but I think Babin will be shopped and if he is traded, Peek will be resigned. Both are decent rush DE but I feel since both are kinda of alike only one will be back.
Old 02-22-2007   #11
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Both are alike, and good pass rushers. We need to just keep one though. Babin had more sacks, but before this year peek was the over achiever.
Old 02-22-2007   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5776 View Post
Just my two cents, but I think Babin will be shopped and if he is traded, Peek will be resigned. Both are decent rush DE but I feel since both are kinda of alike only one will be back.
Oh yes Babin and his five sacks. I am sure O-Linemen lay awake at night shuttering to think they will have to face him all game long.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #13
cj5776
Veteran

Rep Power: 70 cj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respectedcj5776 is a quality contributor and well respected

DECENT is the word I used, not stud, or top notch, just a decent role player off the bench
Old 02-22-2007   #14
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Can't wait till next week when Carr's gone!
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #15
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOK'EM View Post
Can't wait till next week when Carr's gone!

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
DECENT is the word I used, not stud, or top notch, just a decent role player off the bench
I was just being sarcastic but not at you in particular, just more of the idea of Babin and trading away our second, third, and swapping fourth round picks for him.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #17
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
Veteran

Rick Smith was just on NFL total access and stated plainly the Texans will trade Carr if it will improve our football team. That leaves alot of room for doubt! Does that mean if we can get enough value in return? Does it mean if we can find another QB? Mariucci acted as thought he could see the Texans keep Carr as he showed inprovement, although not enough in the new system. Its gonna be one hell of a ride this off season!
WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe people just don't see it but I think what has happened the last few weeks is irreparable. Too much said by owner and people. Too much bad blood. I hope for the sake of all involved we can work out a deal for him to leave and bury this thing.
Old 02-22-2007   #19
cj5776
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Maybe people just don't see it but I think what has happened the last few weeks is irreparable. Too much said by owner and people. Too much bad blood. I hope for the sake of all involved we can work out a deal for him to leave and bury this thing.
I see the total other side of the fence... All that has been said could feed the drive within Carr. If he does stay, nothing is given to him anymore, which I feel feel is the whole point. MAKE HIM EARN EVERYTHING!!!!
Old 02-22-2007   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I see the total other side of the fence... All that has been said could feed the drive within Carr. If he does stay, nothing is given to him anymore, which I feel feel is the whole point. MAKE HIM EARN EVERYTHING!!!!
If being benched on the TENN game did'nt feed his drive, i dont think this will either...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read