Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jags staying with Leftwich at quarterback

MightyTExan

It's go time!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17285680/

The Jacksonville Jaguars have settled on a starting quarterback for next season, and coach Jack Del Rio didn’t have to go to free agency or the draft to find him.

Del Rio said Thursday that Byron Leftwich will return to his starting role, ending speculation about what the Jaguars would do at the position.

“When you evaluate Byron and stack him up against the rest of the league, he’s one of the young, really good, strong-armed quarterbacks out there,” Del Rio said from the NFL combine in Indianapolis. “He’s had some developmental setbacks the last two years because of injuries. But we really feel he’s ready to take the next step and take it to the next level.”

Watch his last performence in college...you will be amazed about the heart and toughness he plays with. I think he can still be a good qb in the nfl... he does need help though. He doesn't have the receivers and he needs to become a little more mobile.

jlam

Waterboy
saban made it pretty clear early that culpepper was the starter.
Well, when the notion of "coach says something, then does exact opposite" came about, Saban was the first person who came to mind. I wasn't resticting my (obviously tongue-in-cheek) comment to naming quarterbacks. Sorry if I struck a nerve.

Reason why we have the Jaguars number:

The texans have 3 weaknesses, Getting to the quarterback, Defending the Quarterback, and protecting the quarterback.

It is easier to get to their quarterback, becuase of a bad pass protecting o line, and a slow quarterback. Plus they have no receivers so it is easier to cover and easier for us to get to the quarterback, because more time. That takes away the pass.

They have no dominant pass rushers... just two run stoppers in the middle. Our o line can handle that, they can't handle speed on the outside, and athleticism on the outside.

Their pass defense is average and we have time to throw and AJ/Moulds create mismatches, plus our speed with running back to the outside kills them because they can stop the power running game... speed they have trouble with.

Our strenghts dominate their weaknesses, and they aren't capable of exploiting our weaknesses.

kastofsna

Hall of Fame
I hope he stays...we seem to have his number.
this is pretty much a sure sign he's gone. why would they announce that he's the starter NOW? the jags have to ensure that the rest of the league knows he's starting material, so as not to hurt his trade value. wise move...but he's gone.

TwinSisters

Veteran
this is pretty much a sure sign he's gone. why would they announce that he's the starter NOW? the jags have to ensure that the rest of the league knows he's starting material, so as not to hurt his trade value. wise move...but he's gone.
yeah... but what if I asked Dungy who the starter is going to be?

It's not like Del Rio announced it, he was asked.