Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-22-2007   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Rick Smith on NFLTA

They interviewed him from the combine. Said that DC is their starter but they are entertaining trade offers. Looking to improve the rumming back position. Said that they look for BPA rather than need.
Old 02-22-2007   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rick Smith on NFLTA

Oh my, here comes Brady Quinn because Bob thinks he's cuter.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #3
Paragon Blue
Veteran

He also said they have some salary cap issues that need to be taken care of with some of veteran players.
Old 02-22-2007   #4
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
That's a pretty lame, cheap shot.
Old 02-22-2007   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it? Seems like image has been the thing for Bob since day 1.
Old 02-22-2007   #6
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue View Post
They interviewed him from the combine. Said that DC is their starter but they are entertaining trade offers. Looking to improve the rumming back position. Said that they look for BPA rather than need.

Interesting. If AP and Quinn aren't available, BPA may be a safety.
Old 02-22-2007   #7
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
None of the safety in this class is worth #8. I think he might opt for DT or DE (Okoye, Branch, Anderson) at #8 if AD and Quinn is not available.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2007   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
sweeters. go landry!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

So what? Gaines Adams is just falling off the draft board or what?
Old 02-22-2007   #10
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is it? Seems like image has been the thing for Bob since day 1.
Wanting players with good character is no reason to make comments like that. I happen to like the fact that we don't have a lot of troublemakers playing for us. I don't think that should be the main criteria used, but it needs to be looked at. IMO, Bob McNair is trying to do what a good owner SHOULD do. Hire the best people for the job, give them the proper resources, then let them do their job. McNair is a business man(and a pretty darn successful one,too) and he knows how ot maanage his people. IMO, loyalty plyed a big role in keeping CC and Capers for as long as he did. Integrity, loyalty and decency are some images I can live with....
Old 02-22-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMO, loyalty plyed a big role in keeping CC and Capers for as long as he did. Integrity, loyalty and decency are some images I can live with....
Sometimes that can just get your business or organization in trouble. trouble being bankrupcy or very low sales, net profit.....etc

For the most part this is how you build a successful business. Good points and I too think McNair is doing a good job. I like the way he's doing things. I like our players a lot. and now our new coaching staff
Old 02-22-2007   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
None of the safety in this class is worth #8. I think he might opt for DT or DE (Okoye, Branch, Anderson) at #8 if AD and Quinn is not available.
I'm not a big fan of boxing certain people in at positions. If there's player at 8 that we like but will go after we select at our spot...nothing wrong with taking him a few spots before. Huff was taken at 7 last year and Donte Whitner was taken early for safeties. Is Landry that good to take him at 8...i think so specially if we're looking at San Fran and Atlanta probably wanting him.

Doubt AP is there at 8 but if he is...i'd at least entertain offers before going to the podium. Same with Quinn. I'd prefer Levi Brown at the 8 spot honestly. I think that pick alone would do wonders for our line and offense as a whole no matter who is the RB or QB.

the only way i see a BPA pick is if it's a BPA at a need spot. Which is LT, FS, CB, LB,DL preferably in that order. There's a lot of holes on the team i jsut think those spots are the most GLARING.
Old 02-22-2007   #13
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I wonder if we would take Ginn if available? Kubiak has said that we need another receiver and a playmaker. Eventhough I don't want Ginn, I think he would be the kind of receiver that would be good opposite Andre. He could be the Peerless Price that Moulds had in Buffalo during the prime of his career and would fill two needs in punt return and kick return.

I don't think we will take him, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we did.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #14
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
I wonder if we would take Ginn if available? Kubiak has said that we need another receiver and a playmaker. Eventhough I don't want Ginn, I think he would be the kind of receiver that would be good opposite Andre. He could be the Peerless Price that Moulds had in Buffalo during the prime of his career and would fill two needs in punt return and kick return.

I don't think we will take him, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if we did.
i'd rather us take someone else at a more pressing need. you raise a good point. in my opinion i and probably others would be upset. i'd probably complain untill he finally did something that really impressed me...he'd pretty much have to be rookie of the year or a league leader in a year or two for me to be happy. might be unfair to him but that's my honesty.

Personally i think ginn is overhyped and not a top 10 talent.
Old 02-22-2007   #15
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh god I can see it too. He is thinking smart though in a way. What way to bring the ladies to watch football by bringing in a handsome QB. It is kinda 50/50 on the intelligence scale of buisness.
Old 02-22-2007   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
God I hope not. IMO Brady Quinn is a hack. He had several nationally televised games this year and no showed to all of them. Sure, he can beat up on the North Indiana community college all girls JV football team, but if he plays a team with talent he crumbles. In fact, I value Leek higher than Quinn.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #17
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If the Texans draft Brady Quinn, I will personally lead the Million Fan March from Westridge and Kirby to River Oaks where we will mass demonstrate on McNair's lawn until he gives us our team back. 55 gallon drums for burning paraphenalia (including season tickets) will be provided.

I'll need someone to organize the "What do we want?" and "When do we want it?" chant...

Last edited by aj.; 02-22-2007 at 04:28 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #18
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22354 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans | D. Williams injury update
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:26:05 -0800

Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith, during the NFL Combine, said RB Domanick Williams (knee) is entering the strengthening phase of his rehabilitation process. Williams spent the 2006 season on Injured Reserve.

Texans | Smith comments on Carr
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 11:23:43 -0800

Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith, during the NFL Combine, said the team is not actively trying to shop QB David Carr per se. While he said inquiries about Carr have died down, they will only make a deal if it improves the team as a whole.
Old 02-22-2007   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
IMO, Bob McNair is trying to do what a good owner SHOULD do. Hire the best people for the job, give them the proper resources, then let them do their job. McNair is a business man(and a pretty darn successful one,too) and he knows how ot maanage his people. IMO, loyalty plyed a big role in keeping CC and Capers for as long as he did. Integrity, loyalty and decency are some images I can live with....
but, but Bud Adams is a more successful businessman... so does that mean loyalty is really not that good?

Last edited by TwinSisters; 02-22-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: I kant spell words a krap
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
If the Texans draft Brady Quinn, I will personally lead the Million Fan March from Westridge and Kirby to River Oaks where we will mass demonstrate on McNair's lawn until he gives us our team back. 55 gallon drums for burning paraphenalia (including season tickets) will be provided.

I'll need someone to organize the "What do we want?" and "When do we want it?" chant...
After last year's draft and the obvious, well-known desires of the public to draft RB or VY, I doubt this FO/owner really gives a crap what fans want (other than a winning team, of course).

I wonder how season ticket renewals are going these days.... I put my down payment on 2007!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read