Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-21-2007   #1
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The word on the street..........

This is the repor around the league of Carr, a person has done some research for us and has asked MANY people around the league QBs, MLBs and Coaches what they think about David. This guy we have meet a couple of times and he was nice enough to do this for us, and I descided to share it with you. Jason Taylor even dropped a , "Get him out of there", to this guy we know. He has found that Carr is highly respected around the NFL, and that MANY feel he has had a bad deal here in Houston. Anyways this is what he told us...........
Quotes on what he told us.............
Quote:
Lets keep in mind that he has not played with some of the best the NFL has to offer, Unlike Phillip Rivers who has had everything a young QB could want and more. I came across some pretty interesting stats. The running game was lifeless and the defense was suspect. I think we can all agree that he has not had the best of things. He has had 5 QB coaches, 4 Offensive coordinators, he has had 7 Left Tackles and not one has stayed healthy, pretty scary thing if you dont trust the guy thats suppossed to have your back, how comfortable.

Lets look at some numbers. Carr completed 68% of his passes, first in the NFL. He also tied a NFL record 22 completions in a row. In 6 games in the AFC South he completed 69.8%. In 8 home games he completed 71.9%. Also in 8 home games his QB rating was 94.6. In 6 Division games his QB rating was 97.1. Carr had only 5 games were his QB rating was less then 86. Against the Super Bowl Champs, in 2 games Carrs QB rating was 126.4 with 4 tds and 0 ints and a strike at the end to set up the game winning FG. And the Texans QBed by David Carr was the last team to beat the Colts. He also had a 4th Q QB rating of 104.2 for the season, 2nd best in the NFL. Carr also was 3rd in the NFL in rushing for QBs. And he had the 6th fewest ints in the NFL, these are a few reasons why 15 teams have called the Texans to get a hold of your son-brother-husband.
I took the time to share with you, I will not no matter what happens let his name be dragged through the mud. Its not all, I respect many of you and know there are a lot of ham and eggers and Ice Cream sales men around here and they dont bother me, it is how people are just running this guy out of town with out even a thanks for what you could do while you were here and what you had to work with, how about a little we understand, how about a little respect for a guy that has been knocked down 300+s times and ALWAYS got up knowing that he WAS going back down again. Is he or was he perfect NO, who was on this team this year? I know how th QB gets treated I have been here for a while, you loose its your fault, you win its not........People talk about leadership what more do you want Texan Players then for a guy to take all your miss happs all the times you got burnt, all the losses, all the sacks all THE FREAKIN BLAME on his sholders and NEVER COMPLAINED 1 time, everything that was bad for the last 6 years have been because of Carr, thats not being a teammate(yea I said it) the guy would break his neck for you and all he gets is SILENCE, nobody backing him up.
Big ups to my guy Steve McKinney and Zach Wiegert atleast they know how it is and stand up for him in the media.

Anyways if you dont like the guy fine, but he desirves a little respect for taking your team from DAY 1 and doing what he could, I will tell you he played his but off every down and every game that he was in there, but it is not enough if you dont have the tools around you and thats why these teams are after him.

Anyways if you have a brother you know where I am comming from, you got his back and you never lie to him, if he does something wrong you tell him, your his biggest crtic, IF HE SUCKED I would tell him just get on a team and back up, its not worth getting beat down. But he can play, and I will not waiver from it, untill he gets some guys around him that can play NOT just Guys like Andre, then I will countinue to fight for him.

Hey anyways please keep the CRAP to a minumum, if you dont want to write dont, just leave it alone. No shots at anyone on here, this is just how I feel and apperently so do the other teams from what I have heard.

Thanks fellas!

Just be carefull what some of you wish for
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The word on the street..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
This is the repor around the league of Carr, a person has done some research for us and has asked MANY people around the league QBs, MLBs and Coaches what they think about David. This guy we have meet a couple of times and he was nice enough to do this for us, and I descided to share it with you. Jason Taylor even dropped a , "Get him out of there", to this guy we know. He has found that Carr is highly respected around the NFL, and that MANY feel he has had a bad deal here in Houston. Anyways this is what he told us...........

I took the time to share with you, I will not no matter what happens let his name be dragged through the mud. Its not all, I respect many of you and know there are a lot of ham and eggers and Ice Cream sales men around here and they dont bother me, it is how people are just running this guy out of town with out even a thanks for what you could do while you were here and what you had to work with, how about a little we understand, how about a little respect for a guy that has been knocked down 300+s times and ALWAYS got up knowing that he WAS going back down again. Is he or was he perfect NO, who was on this team this year? I know how th QB gets treated I have been here for a while, you loose its your fault, you win its not........People talk about leadership what more do you want Texan Players then for a guy to take all your miss happs all the times you got burnt, all the losses, all the sacks all THE FREAKIN BLAME on his sholders and NEVER COMPLAINED 1 time, everything that was bad for the last 6 years have been because of Carr, thats not being a teammate(yea I said it) the guy would break his neck for you and all he gets is SILENCE, nobody backing him up.
Big ups to my guy Steve McKinney and Zach Wiegert atleast they know how it is and stand up for him in the media.

Anyways if you dont like the guy fine, but he desirves a little respect for taking your team from DAY 1 and doing what he could, I will tell you he played his but off every down and every game that he was in there, but it is not enough if you dont have the tools around you and thats why these teams are after him.

Anyways if you have a brother you know where I am comming from, you got his back and you never lie to him, if he does something wrong you tell him, your his biggest crtic, IF HE SUCKED I would tell him just get on a team and back up, its not worth getting beat down. But he can play, and I will not waiver from it, untill he gets some guys around him that can play NOT just Guys like Andre, then I will countinue to fight for him.

Hey anyways please keep the CRAP to a minumum, if you dont want to write dont, just leave it alone. No shots at anyone on here, this is just how I feel and apperently so do the other teams from what I have heard.

Thanks fellas!

Hulk, if you loved your brother and wanted him to be successful then you would not want him to go to the Raiders. I cringe at the thought.

Oakland would finish what Houston started.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #3
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just one question for ya Hulk, does David even WANT to remain with the Texans?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #4
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52945 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys need to go to Philly. Those fans and media are a lot more patient.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #5
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22304 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I think David would be a great fit with the Bears, Vikings, or Jaguars. That's about it.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #6
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

I think he gets a raw deal as well. I think all the years of getting pounded into the ground makes him feel pressure way too early and he gets anxious and makes bad decisions.

Trust me he's not the worst starter in the league i rather him than Jake "Flip The Bird "Plummer. If he was in the right situation i think he could flourish but i feel it probably wont be us.
Old 02-21-2007   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for sharing that Hulk.

I am in the "get Carr out of here" camp.. but ive always tried to make sure than when I am advocating for his relocation, that I always point out 3 things.

1) That Carr is a great guy, with a great personality. I have nothing against him and respect him for the type of person he is, and has remained to be under this pressure.

2) That I dont think it is a lack of ability, but a lack of results and trust that is behind Carr needing to go to another team. I just think that we have been a losing team for too long under Carr, and that is turning into our team's image. We need change.

3) That I think Carr could go to another team and be very successful. I think Carr needs a change of scenery as much as the Texans need a different face at QB. I actually EXPECT to see Carr succeed elsewhere, and had already planned to make a post once he was traded, explaining that even though I agree with the move, I want to make it clear that I think Carr will be a great QB for someone, and that I think he would never have been able to reach that level with us.

My reasoning behind trading Carr is not that he is a bad QB, its that he is a QB with bad habits. He got those bad habits from playing under a poor coaching staff (Capers) that didnt know how to protect him. As long as Carr is here, I think it is going to stunt his growth, and the Texans growth. We need someone at QB that is steady and calm.. we need a leader that the rest of the offense can trust. Carr, after 5 years of losing, cant do that for us (imo). While Carr, he needs to go to a team that is established, and can provide him with some comfort and a fresh start where he doesnt have a black cloud hanging over his head. Hes not gonna be "the guy who may be a bust, who cannot quit making mistakes".. hes gonna be "the guy that came from a team that never used him right, and who has a huge amount of potential".

The fans will be supporting him again, the team will have faith in him.. and I think it could bring Carr a new level of confidence, and maybe that will be enough to drag him out of this rut, and get him to the next level.

Anyway.. I like Carr.. and I like the Carr family. I hate that Carr had to spend his first years in the league getting hammered under an inept coaching staff. And I hope there wont be any bad blood between the Carr's and the Houston fans. Sure there are some bad eggs..but there are alot of passionate supporters as well.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2007   #8
profan
Veteran

I think david should get a fresh start somewhere. His time has run out here in houston and that's not the fault of david. This organization never game him a chance and while it's not all his fault, he is the face of the franchise. I remember in the early to mid 80's when the oilers were drafting lineman at the top of the draft. They had ads something along the line of a solid foundation and had all these top pics on billboards. Success soon followed and two of those lineman are in the hall of fame. The texans never built the foundation needed for success and david suffered from this mistake. That being said, he is getting paid really well and i can't feel sorry for someone making that kind of money. I will not trash him, but he is a big man making tons of money. He will be fine and so will the texans.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Well said Grid.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #10
afcman
Veteran

I think it would be best for both sides, Carr and the Texans, for Carr to go. Mainly for Carr though. I think he needs a new start with some time to clear his head. The guys mentally beat up. I tip my hat to him for staying around like he has. I would have lost it a LONG time ago. I probably would've told the coach, "look you either get me a line that can block or I'm calling a running play every down." I really do wish him the best.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #11
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Well said Grid.
I second that...

Well stated Grid.
Old 02-21-2007   #12
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:

Thanks fellas!

NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #13
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 11 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Just one question for ya Hulk, does David even WANT to remain with the Texans?
Thatís a legitimate question. If anyone knows how David feels on this subject, it you.

The Texans are at least 2 years away from being any good. Particularly on the line.

David has to knows he's going to get hammered some more by the opposing team, the media, and the fans.
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #14
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharton View Post
Thatís a legitimate question. If anyone knows how David feels on this subject, it you.

The Texans are at least 2 years away from being any good. Particularly on the line.

David has to knows he's going to get hammered some more by the opposing team, the media, and the fans.
The silence from Hulk on this question is defining. He does not answer that particular question.

I would have to speculate no. If it were a yes then it would not be a big deal to answer. Now if its a no, and it got out, that would be another story.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks fellas!

Your brother is or was, or whatever, paid millions of dollars by the Houston Texans.

No one is supposed to give him respect or anything else. He suppose to win games. If he needed all this help to be successful, then he never should have been drafted by the Texans. What else was going to happen as an expansion team?

I understand your perspective and you are sticking up for your brother, but this board is not intended for the players and/or their famalies to stick their heads in a expect special treatment. This is like the fans locker room, if you will. The fans aren't allowed in the players locker room, and probably there should be something similiar here.

If Carr is traded or moves along somewhere else, we probably won't hear from you if one of two things happens:

1. Carr has a fantastic season and/or game;
2. Carr is the starting QB for a team that beats the Texans.

Most of the people on this board are going to be here a lot longer than David Carr will be QB for the Texans or you being a fan of the Texans. So, expecting special treatment is a bit much.

From everything I have read and seen of your brother, he is stand up guy. We have exchanged e-mails, and you also seem like a stand up guy.

But, most these criticisms of your brother is nothing personal. And it seems like you take it as so. As I said earlier, you are expecting people to have the appreciation of your brother when we have never met him or even said one word to him.

I have paid 5 years of season tickets out of my hard earned income. If I want to complain about David Carr or any other part of the organization (hmmm.... Bob McNair), then I will. By the way, if Carr is traded, someone else is going into the frying pan just like your brother and will be treated the same way. It's just how it works...

I wish you and your brother the best whatever happens. Actually, I would like nothing better than Carr staying a Texan and becoming successful and proving all the critics wrong, even me.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #16
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

good posts both hulk and grid.

Hulk I think you make a great arguement for the drafting of Levi Brown or Joe Thomas somehow...in the 1st.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #17
Scottyboy
Veteran

HULK man im sorry dude, but your brother just couldnt get it together. Like mentioned above this is a "what have u done for me lately" league. All biz, yes some fans take losses very painfully, just venting. Im one of them.Hulk bottem line, your brother should have rose above all the BS and rederick and made some NFL type plays. All about producing W's ! Just hope for the love of god he doesnt end up in oakland, ouch! Good luck to you and your family though. Tell dave I said Thanks............... for nothin!!
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #18
Texasian
Rookie

That's it! Why is it, when DC is criticized, his brother is quick to attack! But when Hulk75 is upset, we have to be sympathetic and not offend?!
Listen Hulk75, DC is a public figure. Criticism (justified or not) comes with the territory of fame! He knows that, and so should you!
This is a forum! You have your opinions and so do I and others.
Texasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #19
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have seen nothing from Carr that screams out potential, all I have seen and heard is excuses. He doesn't have great talent, but he doesn't create much, either.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Hulk75.... you're right. If he was my brother, I'd defend him to the end.

But he's not.

Funny thing though. I don't even want him gone... seriously, I don't. But I most definitely don't want him to start either.

Now as his brother, I can see how you'd think that would be a demotion. If that were my brother, or my Son, my Best friend, whatever. I'd want him on the bench, until the Texans can prove they fixed the line.

If they can't fix the line, but can find a QB who can produce with a less than perfect line, then hey..... good for us.

Bad for DAvid, because then he'll have to go find a new home somewhere else.

So that is the danger you'd face with that decision. But if you feel that David can't produce behind that line.... why do you want him behind that line?? If he thinks he can produce, then he needs to. Bottom line.

I don't blame everything on David. I don't blame any loss on David, or any one player for that matter. I blae most of the failures of this season on Gary Kubiak... sometimes, I don't understand what he was thinking.

In every game, he made some decisions that cost us the game. Of course he made some that kept us in games, but that's neither here nor there. Just so you know, I hold Kubiak more responsible for our losses than Carr, & I blame Kubiak for David's pitiful season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read