Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-21-2007   #1
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kiper's new board. Surprises!

Landry #6, Okoye 7, Quinn 9, Timmons 11, Branch 20
http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/insid...mel&id=2773554
Old 02-21-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kiper's new board. Surprises!

Any Kiper board makes me bored. At what point do the lack of results outweigh the brand name?
Old 02-21-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Any Kiper board makes me bored. At what point do the lack of results outweigh the brand name?
Its the hair...its all bout the hair.....

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #4
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
I still have LSU junior QB JaMarcus Russell going with the first overall pick to Oakland. However, the biggest buzz could center around Oklahoma junior RB Adrian Peterson (6-1, 223 pounds). His workout numbers at the NFL combine should look something like this: 4.37 in the 40-yard dash; 38-inch vertical leap; and eight percent body fat. I have Peterson going to Cleveland, which will have either the third or fourth pick, depending on a coin flip tiebreaker with Tampa Bay; but there also could be several teams interested in trading up to get Peterson.

If Peterson does go to Cleveland, Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn could slide to the Dolphins with the ninth pick. The reason Quinn would fall to Miami? Teams picking after Cleveland (possibly Tampa Bay, Arizona, Washington, Minnesota and Houston) don't need a quarterback. You could make a case for the Texans or Vikings to draft Quinn, but I don't expect that to happen.
I really hate reading this...
Old 02-21-2007   #5
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I really hate reading this...
Our suppossed fear is Cleveland and someone trading up. I just do not see Cleveland taking a RB since they have addressed offensive skill position players in the first round in 2004 and 2005. With Bentley done and Crennel holding on by a thread they go Thomas or Branch since their DL and OL picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds are not with the team any longer - Brown, Warren and Faine. If Crennel goes pretty he is going Quinn in my opinion.
Old 02-21-2007   #6
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Our suppossed fear is Cleveland and someone trading up. I just do not see Cleveland taking a RB since they have addressed offensive skill position players in the first round in 2004 and 2005. With Bentley done and Crennel holding on by a thread they go Thomas or Branch since their DL and OL picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds are not with the team any longer - Brown, Warren and Faine. If Crennel goes pretty he is going Quinn in my opinion.
nice call. i think thomas to the Browns is a more (not that it wasnt before hand) legitimate option now that Bentley is rumored to be missing most/all of 2007. a thomas/kalil top two picks would do wonders for them.
Old 02-21-2007   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
nice call. i think thomas to the Browns is a more (not that it wasnt before hand) legitimate option now that Bentley is rumored to be missing most/all of 2007. a thomas/kalil top two picks would do wonders for them.
yea, something i'd love the texans to have Thomas and Kalil.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-21-2007   #8
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
yea, something i'd love the texans to have Thomas and Kalil.
me too. but if we were to trade up for thomas it would likely cost us our 2 at the least.
Old 02-21-2007   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

I would love Thomas and Kalil. I also would love Peterson.
Old 02-21-2007   #10
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Anyone have Kiper's latest mock from last year? I want to see how accurate he is (I really dont think he is any good at this but is hyped by ESPN).
Old 02-21-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dirty Steve's avatar of Plummer looks like Kenny Loggins .
Old 02-21-2007   #12
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I recall correctly, Kiper's final mock is usually the most accurate out of anyone. He just has better resources and "in the know." He doesn't actually scout.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #13
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Dirty Steve's avatar of Plummer looks like Kenny Loggins .
Danger Zone Loggins or Footloose Loggins? i'd have to say footloose. danger zone loogins had to clean himself up a little to fit in with those flyboys.
Old 02-21-2007   #14
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtran04 View Post
If I recall correctly, Kiper's final mock is usually the most accurate out of anyone. He just has better resources and "in the know." He doesn't actually scout.
Actually the guy from the Dallas Morning News routinely beats Kiper.
Old 02-21-2007   #15
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Its the hair...its all bout the hair.....

love your quote: "Halleujah holla back" and Ghetto revival!!! haha gotta love John Brown cuz he's "King of the Burbs". he aint no rapper or artist he is an Enitity!
Old 02-21-2007   #16
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedawg View Post
love your quote: "Halleujah holla back" and Ghetto revival!!! haha gotta love John Brown cuz he's "King of the Burbs". he aint no rapper or artist he is an Enitity!
joey buttafuoco and count chocula--classic.
Old 02-21-2007   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 171483 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
joey buttafuoco and count chocula--classic.
See this loggins .
Old 02-21-2007   #18
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

What if we trade up with the Bucs packaging Carr with the 8th plus another mid round pick? If the Bucs win the coin toss and we really want Peterson (which is what John Clayton is reporting) I could see us doing this.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #19
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
What if we trade up with the Bucs packaging Carr with the 8th plus another mid round pick? If the Bucs win the coin toss and we really want Peterson (which is what John Clayton is reporting) I could see us doing this.
if they are hot after carr they might. the pick would likely have to be the third rounder.
Old 02-22-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Great post. The Browns are in the same position the Texans were in last year. Do they accept their mediocre running back and quarterback and get the line help they need, or do they bite on the big name? While selecting AP or Quinn makes great headlines, is it really a step forward for the Browns when clearly a Branch or Thomas would do wonders for the team? Personally, I think Crennel takes Thomas or Branch.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read