Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-21-2007   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Adrian Peterson Wants to Play for the Texans

Will we pass him up, too?

Quote:
On the team he'd like to play for

I wouldn't mind the Texans. Being able to go back to my home state [he's from Palestine, Texas] and having my family there would be nice. Also, the Raiders. I rooted for them growing up. Obviously Dallas would be on the list, but I am pretty sure they won't have a high enough pick to get me.
I know, I know. It's not his decision. Kinda nice to ponder, though...
Old 02-21-2007   #2
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Another Player Who Wants to Play for the Texans

Oh, I didn't read the article but that's really nice to hear. He seems like a class act and from that standpoint would fit the texans to the t. hope we can get him.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

We have to draft this kid! ...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #4
Dunta_23
All Pro

If he Miraculously falls to #8 and we pass on him....I will be shocked....100x more shocked than when Derrick Johnson fell to 13 I believe and I was sooo pumped to draft him and then we traded down and picked TJ, I was sooo dissapointed....This is the kind of player that adds excitement to a team that lacks it on offense...I could actually see us trading up for him...Carr, a 3rd and #8 to Detroit, Cleveland or TB
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #5
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
If he Miraculously falls to #8 and we pass on him....I will be shocked....100x more shocked than when Derrick Johnson fell to 13 I believe and I was sooo pumped to draft him and then we traded down and picked TJ, I was sooo dissapointed....This is the kind of player that adds excitement to a team that lacks it on offense...I could actually see us trading up for him...Carr, a 3rd and #8 to Detroit, Cleveland or TB
Yeah if only he could block a right deffensive end, he'd be the perfect pick for this team.
Old 02-21-2007   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Good find. I'm interested in how he does at the combine.
Old 02-21-2007   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Good read. He's a great running back and he would certainly cure a lot of our problems offensively. But chances are he'll not last till we pick. But it sure is nice to imagine...
Old 02-21-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well if we get all day I just hope you guys don't forget how bad you wanted the guy. I gotta feeling there's going to be a lot of crawl daddies on this board come October.
Old 02-21-2007   #9
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well if we get all day I just hope you guys don't forget how bad you wanted the guy. I gotta feeling there's going to be a lot of crawl daddies on this board come October.
Don't hold back any, Pete. Tell us what you really think. I'm not big on drafting him, either. Seems like a better back than Bush, though.
Old 02-21-2007   #10
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default Peterson picks Texans

say this article in an S.I. interview with adrian peterson:

On the team he'd like to play for

I wouldn't mind the Texans. Being able to go back to my home state [he's from Palestine, Texas] and having my family there would be nice. Also, the Raiders. I rooted for them growing up. Obviously Dallas would be on the list, but I am pretty sure they won't have a high enough pick to get me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...st.person0226/

there's the link for ya'll

*sorry guys didn't see the thread before posting*

Last edited by keyfro; 02-21-2007 at 05:16 PM.
keyfro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #11
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default Re: Peterson picks Texans

the best thing for the texans would be that AD has a bad combine so he could fall to #8. I like to dream.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #12
jbh1970
Rookie

Default Adrian Peterson Wants to Come Home!

Don't know if this has been posted (sorry if this has!) but found this article on Sports Illustrated.

On the team he'd like to play for :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...226/index.html
jbh1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson Wants to Come Home!

How do you grow up in Texas and root for the Raiders?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #14
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Good find. I'm interested in how he does at the combine.
Why? What, if he runs a 4.5 are we suddenly not going to draft him if he falls to 8? The combine is particulalrly useless for a running back.
Old 02-21-2007   #15
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
How do you grow up in Texas and root for the Raiders?
Carr grew up in California and rooted for the Cowboys, LT was a Bears fan...
Old 02-21-2007   #16
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
Carr grew up in California and rooted for the Cowboys, LT was a Bears fan...
i believe david rooted for aikman more than the cowboys, hence the same professional jersey number. not that i needed another reason to think LT2 was badass, but to live in the south oklahoma area and not root for the satan's favorite team gets him more cool points for me.
Old 02-21-2007   #17
Luv Ya Blue 2007
Rookie

Lightbulb Re: Adrian Peterson Wants to Come Home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh1970 View Post
Don't know if this has been posted (sorry if this has!) but found this article on Sports Illustrated.

On the team he'd like to play for :

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...226/index.html
Yeah, this has already been posted. Probably the title "Adrian Peterson Wants to Come Home" got your attention. But, this is what started this thread. It will be found in the first (original) post.
Luv Ya Blue 2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #18
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Adrian Peterson Wants to Play for the Texans

I'm all for All Day, but if perchance (not likely) that he falls to us I think a team with as much needs as ours should be open to trading down. If we don't get an offer we like, we draft Peterson and say hello to (at least) a relevant running game.

The eighth pick seems like a no-man's land. If we pick at that spot we could go in any number of <cough>DT-DE</cough> positions.

Here are the players I would take over Peterson, none of whom will be around when we pick:

Calvin Johnson (so we don't have to cover him)
Joe Thomas (duh)
JaMarcus Russell ("go deep and I'll throw it to you!" ...Sucker.)

bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
The only way I would pass him up is if we had a hell of a deal in place to trade down.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007   #20
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Adrian Peterson Wants to Play for the Texans

IMO, if AP is there at 8, you won't find a better deal. The Texans need to be able to run the ball. They have no truly effective running back. It's also the area where I think the Texans can get the most bang for their buck. In no other position can you replace one person and have such a drastic effect.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read