Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

View Poll Results: Which of these qb's do you want on your all-star team?
Tom Brady 30 50.00%
Peyton Manning 30 50.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2007   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Which QB?

Pick which one of the two you would want on your all-star team......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Which QB?

All-star game/team: Manning
Regular season: Manning
Playoffs: Brady
Superbowl: Brady
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #3
real

Can't go wrong with either. These two are the best QB's in the leauge, and who you vote for has to do with A) favoritism B) What have you done for me lately C) I don't like the other guy

I chose brady because of choice A.
Old 02-21-2007   #4
Stros5Texans80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Stros5Texans80 Send a message via Yahoo to Stros5Texans80

Brady has shown me more in the playoffs and SB overall mostly because he's been there more. He also doesn't have big talent but still lead them to the AFC Championsihp game while beating the first seeded team.

As for Manning. He's got tremendous talent on his offense so that helps him big. I think if Brady had his kind of personel, he would have won 1-2 more SB's.
Stros5Texans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Brady.... something about his character/leadership vibe that Manning doesn't seem to have.

I still remember last year Manning throwing his OL under the bus.
Old 02-22-2007   #6
J-Storm
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to J-Storm

I have to take Brady. Like said above, he does DAMN well considering he doesnt have the arsenal of quality on Offense as Manning does and yet he is still rather clutch...
Old 02-22-2007   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Brady.... something about his character/leadership vibe that Manning doesn't seem to have.

I still remember last year Manning throwing his OL under the bus.
i remember brady doing the same thing this year. blah blah blah who cares. i want more QB's to call out their teammates that don't do their job. especially since he also took plenty of responsibility.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-22-2007   #8
amazingandre
All Pro

It's so funny......on other posts people say they want wins which lead ultimately to a super bowl.....but whne it comes down to a qb that has NO offensive weapons and has 3 sp titles....then why even consider manning??????he won one sb......and brady 3....logic says take the winner every time.......just like all the vy groupies who say we f'd up by passing on a proven winner.......wth???????
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #9
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
All-star game/team: Manning
Regular season: Manning
Playoffs: Brady
Superbowl: Brady
All homerism aside, I think this is a good assessment. Despite the fact that Manning finally won a SB, Brady is still the NFL's current leader in playoff wins, percentage, etc. But when it comes to eye-popping numbers, Manning is the guy.

I always wonder what would happen if the Pats had just one top-echelon receiver. Someone better than Deion Branch... a Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson type.
Old 02-27-2007   #10
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPats View Post
I always wonder what would happen if the Pats had just one top-echelon receiver. Someone better than Deion Branch... a Marvin Harrison or Chad Johnson type.
Their defense would fall apart. ( because a top notch WR costs 8-10 million a year )
Old 02-27-2007   #11
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
Their defense would fall apart. ( because a top notch WR costs 8-10 million a year )
Good point.
Old 02-27-2007   #12
bavanlan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stros5Texans80 View Post
As for Manning. He's got tremendous talent on his offense so that helps him big. I think if Brady had his kind of personel, he would have won 1-2 more SB's.
I think if Manning had Belichick and that defense, Manning would have won more as well.
bavanlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007   #13
yourfavoritetexan42
Veteran

Manning is the heart beat for the colts.

Tom Brady isn't the heart beat of the Patriots.

Colts offense has always been incredible year in and year out.

Holds record for most touchdowns in a season.

Always a top 3 QB rating

Is a coach on the field.

Peyton Manning, no question. Tom Brady is on a good team. Peyton Manning is on a good team, because of him.
Old 02-28-2007   #14
crunk-juice
Rookie

brady is NOTHING compared to manning. i cant believe these comparisons are even in existence. whos better, andrew walters or joe montana?
crunk-juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007   #15
bATXle red
Rookie

brady over manning... manning is a crybaby...
Old 02-28-2007   #16
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

Amazing how many people are for Manning after just 1 Super Bowl.

If Brady had what Manning did on offense Brady would of won this year and the year before. Brady no question he's the best quarterback of this generation and could end up being the best of all time.

He just wins. Give Manning Brady's offense and he would win none. zero. zilch. nada.
Old 02-28-2007   #17
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post

Holds record for most touchdowns in a season.

Always a top 3 QB rating

Is a coach on the field.

Peyton Manning, no question. Tom Brady is on a good team. Peyton Manning is on a good team, because of him.
LOL, you cannot be serious. So without Brady the Pats still would of won all those superbowls, and they still would of made it to the AFC championship game this year?...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007   #18
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavoritetexan42 View Post

Just to back up what Trap_Star said...

Yeah, he is. There's a common misconception out there among the misinformed that Brady stepped on to an all-time-great team and just didn't screw it up. The Patriots were 5-11 the year before he became the starter, and 0-2 when he took over when Mo Lewis hit Drew Bledsoe into the ICU. The Patriots had a solid (but aging) defenese, but they weren't the juggernaut that they became later, in '03 and '04 (under Brady).

Also...

As of this year's AFC Championship Game against Indy, there were only 10 players on the roster who were on the Patriots' first SB team against the Rams. 10 players. Among the core players, Brady is THE most important, followed closely by Seymour.

You may not like Brady - that's fine. No problem there. But to say he's not the heart of the Pats is just plain wrong. I've been a huge Pats fan since I was a kid in the 70s, watching Plunkett and Hannah and Stanley Morgan, etc, and I follow the team as closely as a fan can.

Without Tom Brady, there would be no Lombardi trophies in New England. Anyone who knows this team would tell you the same exact thing.
Old 03-01-2007   #19
GoPats
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavanlan View Post
I think if Manning had Belichick and that defense, Manning would have won more as well.
So are you saying Tony Dungy doesn't know what he's doing?

(I keed, I keed...)
Old 03-01-2007   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was coaching an AS game, and really wanted to win above all else, I'd pick Brady. I'm guessing here, but I think Brady would adjust to an offense that he's not used to better and adjust to recievers he's not used to better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read