Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2007   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default texans options with RFA's

is there any RFA's on the market that if the price was right we would be willing to part with a draft pick for

some of the names on the RFA that caught my eye:

matt schuab QB
chris perry RB
jon stinchcomb RT
sean locklear RT
jared allen DE
cullen jenkins DT
randy starks DT
gibril wilson FS

personally i think if the giant's tender an offer that only requires say a 4th round draft pick in exchange for wilson it would be worth it...he can cover...he can hit...he's got the range...i think he could seriously help this defense
Old 02-20-2007   #2
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Default Re: texans options with RFA's

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro View Post
is there any RFA's on the market that if the price was right we would be willing to part with a draft pick for

some of the names on the RFA that caught my eye:

matt schuab QB
chris perry RB
jon stinchcomb RT
sean locklear RT
jared allen DE
cullen jenkins DT
randy starks DT
gibril wilson FS

personally i think if the giant's tender an offer that only requires say a 4th round draft pick in exchange for wilson it would be worth it...he can cover...he can hit...he's got the range...i think he could seriously help this defense
I agree with you on Wilson 150%. However, Locklear, Schaub, and Perry could go pretty high. That would be really nice if we could get Jared Allen. That would be awesome. One can always dream though.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #3
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think Schaub will be going anywhere especially with Bobby Petrino as the new HC at Atlanta. If he doesn't like Vick he'll need a backup.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #4
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 60180 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Only one on that list that catches the eye is Wilson for FS.

One of our biggest holes by far. Interesting to see what the tender is.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #5
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

He isn't a RFA, but word that Dre Bly, who has excellent man coverage skills, wants out of Detroit and is being allowed to pursue a trade possiblity. Imagine if we could get him with a 4th or a 3rd might be more of a stretch, but that would be strong to have a solid man coverage back to pair with Robinson. I would be more interested in using a draft pick in that way.
Old 02-22-2007   #6
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

what would you give up for gibril wilson...granted we're not gonna give up a 1st rounder for him but how high would you go?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read