Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-20-2007   #1
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro
Default Dre Bly question

as most of you know the lions are shopping cornerback dre bly around...personally i see this as the same as when we were shopping aaron glenn around...how many of ya'll are hoping they cut him so we can pick him up...i know i am...he'll be much cheaper than nate clements and with asante samuels being franchised there just isn't enough good cover corners in the free agency market...granted bly isn't a top tier corner like he used to be about 2 years ago...but he is good enough to beat out faggins this year and give us time to draft and develop a younger guy either this year or next

what are ya'lls opinions on the possibility of getting dre bly?
Old 02-20-2007   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dre Bly question

id like to have him for 2 years. i dont think hed wanna come here though.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #3
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I say we try a Carr for Bly straight up trade.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #4
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Check out this thread: Dre Bly Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #5
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I certainly wouldn't mind giving up a pick for him, especially to avoid a bidding war if he is released. Supposing we get a 4th round pick (conditional to the 3rd or 2nd) for Carr, I wouldn't mind giving up our other 4th round pick for Bly. In that way it would essentially be a Carr for Bly trade.

Bly would open up a number of options for us. We could slot him and Dunta at CB and then either pick up a FS in FA (Hamlin), the draft (Nelson, Landry, Meriwether), or, if worse comes to worse, move McCleon there.

A pro bowl cast off such as Bly could be fool's gold for our team.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #6
cook56
Rookie

I am not 100% sold on Bly. He has been a problem at times in Detroit. Not sure he is the "type" of character guy we are looking for. We don't wanna end up being the Bengals 2.0!
cook56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #7
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cook56 View Post
I am not 100% sold on Bly. He has been a problem at times in Detroit. Not sure he is the "type" of character guy we are looking for. We don't wanna end up being the Bengals 2.0!
What are the character issues around him??

From what I've read the decline in Bly's play could be because of the system he is in and his dislike/unsuitedness to it.
Old 02-21-2007   #8
AtheGreat
Veteran

if he can be bought for a reasonable price. bring him in. Drob and Bly...almost respectable. and, i've never heard of dre being a problem for teams before, i wouldn't be worried about that.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #9
amazingandre
All Pro

I think we should get him, but not for a 2nd like one poster said in that thread......maybe a trade or something.....like peek or babin......get bly, and then a nice draft with someone like meriweather in the 2nd as our fs.....and we will be great on defense......
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read