Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-20-2007   #1
TopTexanFan16
Veteran

Default Quinn falling to 8?

I saw on an insider article on espn that brady quinn may fall to the number 8 spot, which is currently help by our Texans. Thoughts whether we'd take him or any other input. Sorry if its already been posted.

Last edited by TopTexanFan16; 02-20-2007 at 10:44 AM.
TopTexanFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #2
texans83
All Pro

Default Re: Quinn falling to 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopTexanFan16 View Post
I saw on an insider article on espn that brady quinn may fall to the number 8 spot, which is currently help by our Texans. Thoughts whether we'd take him or any other input. Sorry if its already been posted.
yea its already been posted, its cool thoug, look back a couple days ago and you should find all the responses on what you are asking.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #3
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know what I will do if they draft Quinn, I guess just lose all hope and expectations when it comes to paying my season tickets. Paying for my tickets would feel like like flushing a toilet or giving some money to homeless person on Sunset.

Quinn seems to be Carr Redux...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #4
bigTEXan8
All Pro

quinn is completely overrated. no quinn...please. a.peterson will not be available at 8. the texans should go with kiper's prognistication of the ot out of penn st. no matter what qb the texans have back there, a stout line is a necessity (did i spell that right?).
Old 02-20-2007   #5
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

if Quinn falls to #8, it should improve our chances of trading down and picking up more draft picks.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

To be honest I really don't know what to think about Quinn. His last public appearance was the Sugar Bowl and that is what everyone seems to be judging him by. In retrospect his OLine was only adequate, if that. He had good receivers and RB but a OLine can bring them down as well. With an adequate Oline and suspect defense they played well against lesser opponents and poorly against top teams. Quinn is probably not as bad a some want to make him out to be. All things being equal the team with the better personel in the trenches will usually win. The Big Uglies that Willingham recruited were not as Big and Ugly as the Top BCS teams.
Old 02-20-2007   #7
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
To be honest I really don't know what to think about Quinn. His last public appearance was the Sugar Bowl and that is what everyone seems to be judging him by. In retrospect his OLine was only adequate, if that. He had good receivers and RB but a OLine can bring them down as well. With an adequate Oline and suspect defense they played well against lesser opponents and poorly against top teams. Quinn is probably not as bad a some want to make him out to be. All things being equal the team with the better personel in the trenches will usually win. The Big Uglies that Willingham recruited were not as Big and Ugly as the Top BCS teams.
All the more reason to not draft Quinn. Your analysis makes the same excuses Carr has had for the past 5 years, which is why the Texans shouldn't draft him.

If the Texans don't have the personnel for Carr to succeed, then how would they have the personnel for Quinn to succeed?

Bottom line though, the QB on any team has to bring more to the table than in other player on offense.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2007   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To be honest I really don't know what to think about Quinn.
Think:................... Rick Mirer
Old 02-20-2007   #9
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Come on Bill... is that just because his a former ND Qb... or just that overhyped in your eyes ?
Old 02-20-2007   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Come on Bill... is that just because his a former ND Qb... or just that overhyped in your eyes ?
I would go with the latter more than the former. Afterall, ND has Montana to brag about ('nuff said) and while I hate this guy you have to give him some props (as a player - not analyst) and thats Joe Theeeeeeeeeeeesman also.
Old 02-20-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I can't see the Browns passing on him. They need a QB and he is a local guy who is saying that he wants to play for them.

That sounds familiar.

I realize that the Browns have been saying how much they want JaMarcus Russell and Adrian Peterson, but what is the point of saying who you really want if you aren't picking #1? If they go out and say how much they want to draft Quinn, another team will trade with the Lions to make sure that they can get him.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #12
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49238 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I thought of Rick Mirer but Mirer doesn't hold 36 ND records. Quinn will be much better than Mirer.
Old 02-20-2007   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

In Kubiak and Smith I trust.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #14
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
yes sir
Old 02-20-2007   #15
Texian
Hall of Fame

Quote:
How long before you put them on notice?
Old 02-20-2007   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How long before you put them on notice?
If we keep losing and they make bonehead signings and drafts like Cassery and Capers, then I won't trust them anymore.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #17
Texian
Hall of Fame

In away I hope Quinn does fall to 8 as it opens the door to some real trade possibilities. Carolina for one, looking to find the heir apparent to Delhomme. Apparently many Panther fans are ready to move on. Their #14 and #45 look very entertaining. That would give the Texans 3 picks in the top 50.
Old 02-20-2007   #18
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If we keep losing and they make bonehead signings and drafts like Cassery and Capers, then I won't trust them anymore.
I find that toatlly reasonable.
Old 02-20-2007   #19
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
good call!!! Who knows they could be on the phone right know with the two CCs......
Old 02-20-2007   #20
AlbinoRat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to AlbinoRat

To me, us taking Quinn would mean we had reached the worst case scenario.

Adrian Peterson, Joe Thomas, and Levi Brown would be gone, and there would be no other slot we needed to fill thats worth that pick.

On the other side, it would have the upside of having a "QB of the Future" to learn under Carr for a few years.

Like I said its worst case scenario, I'd rather trade the pick than get Brady Quinn.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read