Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2007   #1
petedy
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 petedy seems to be losing the respect of his peers
Default Does Carr really want to stay a Texan?

Since I am from California and have been watching David Carr's carreer there at Houston from the beginning I have come to the conclusion that he really doesn't want to be there.His play this last season kind of gave me that impression when you all had those injuries to your o-line.Plus not picking up Bush for whom he lobbied for must have given him the impression the team wasn't that seriuos about improving.I know he said he wants to stay but his body language and desire say something else.But in all this what do you say? Please keep from using to much foul language in your response.
petedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Does Carr really want to stay a Texan?

I think he wants to stay here and be a part of the upcoming success with the team that drafted him. We haven't heard otherwise, and his brother tells us that he wants to stay a Houston Texan. I have no reason to doubt it.
Old 02-20-2007   #3
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 20 Wolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of FamerWolfiegrrl is a Hall of Famer
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl

I think David is just tired of being killed every Sunday. There comes a point that a man must surrender to the larger forces at hand. I saw a different Carr at the beginning of the year. He looked confident, poised in the pocket and he trusted the o-line. After Spencer went down, because Ron Dayne ran him over, David started getting the crap knocked out of him again. This is when David started missing his reads, feeling phantom pressure, and tucking the ball for the impending sack.

It is hard to maintain a positive attitude when you are constantly getting the snot knocked out of you. Can we blame the o-line exclusively? No. Can we blame David exclusively? No. Can we blame the Coaching Staff exclusively? No. There are many aspects of the Texans offense that need to be corrected before any QB will feel safe behind our line and in our scheme.

I for one would like to see David stay. The first year in a new offense under a shaky first year o-line with a completely different scheme is hard to adjust to. I don't know many people that can create miracles with that. Give him a good o-line and better understanding of the play calling, and hell, lets throw in a play making running back... then you will see the reason he was picked #1 in 2002.

And for you haters, please don't talk to me about how several other new coaches, (Saints), were able to make it to the playoffs. Those coaches were working their schemes more around the talent that was there. Kubiak wants his system to work his way. He just doesn't have all the correct players for it yet.

Go Texans!
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedy View Post
Please keep from using to much foul language in your response.
That's always a good idea.

Yeah, I'd like to hear Carr come out and say he wants to be here. As you said, his body language at the end of the season looked less than enthusiastic. Not that Carr was the only player who seemed to be dragging tail. I don't know if that would make a difference in staying or going, but at least we would know how David feels.
Old 02-20-2007   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfiegrrl View Post
I think David is just tired of being killed every Sunday. There comes a point that a man must surrender to the larger forces at hand. I saw a different Carr at the beginning of the year. He looked confident, poised in the pocket and he trusted the o-line. After Spencer went down, because Ron Dayne ran him over, David started getting the crap knocked out of him again. This is when David started missing his reads, feeling phantom pressure, and tucking the ball for the impending sack.

It is hard to maintain a positive attitude when you are constantly getting the snot knocked out of you. Can we blame the o-line exclusively? No. Can we blame David exclusively? No. Can we blame the Coaching Staff exclusively? No. There are many aspects of the Texans offense that need to be corrected before any QB will feel safe behind our line and in our scheme.

I for one would like to see David stay. The first year in a new offense under a shaky first year o-line with a completely different scheme is hard to adjust to. I don't know many people that can create miracles with that. Give him a good o-line and better understanding of the play calling, and hell, lets throw in a play making running back... then you will see the reason he was picked #1 in 2002.

And for you haters, please don't talk to me about how several other new coaches, (Saints), were able to make it to the playoffs. Those coaches were working their schemes more around the talent that was there. Kubiak wants his system to work his way. He just doesn't have all the correct players for it yet.

Go Texans!

great post...rep your way!
Old 02-20-2007   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i wouldn't be surprised if david wanted to get out.
Old 02-20-2007   #7
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
i wouldn't be surprised if david wanted to get out.
Me either. Mediocre protection for five years. Plus the fan support is horrible, cheering for the QB of an opposing team one whole game, calling for his head after the Dom Capers era, etc...
I think David would be happier somewhere else. I don't see Plummer, Sage or a rookie as the solution though. It is a real Catch-22.
Old 02-20-2007   #8
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Go Texans!
Props to you, I couldn't have said it better myself. I think the team is going great places in the near future, I like the coaches we have in place, and I am pretty sure at this point anyway, that I really like Rick Smith.

How sad it would be if David, after 5 years of loyalty, and getting pounded and bouncing back, that he would be traded when the team is finally going to make it.

Call me a homer, or whatever, but that is how I feel. This team can win with David.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #9
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 76 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That's always a good idea.

Yeah, I'd like to hear Carr come out and say he wants to be here. As you said, his body language at the end of the season looked less than enthusiastic. Not that Carr was the only player who seemed to be dragging tail. I don't know if that would make a difference in staying or going, but at least we would know how David feels.

I think he definitely wants to be here, however, I wouldn't blame him if he didn't. Did you see his body language after we beat the Colts??? I still think he's full of enthusiasm, amidst all of the negativity surrounding him.

Go Texans
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if David wants to stay here, but I'll bet Melody would like nothing better than to get the f... out of Dodge!
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #11
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I don't know if David wants to stay here, but I'll bet Melody would like nothing better than to get the f... out of Dodge!

?????
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #12
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I think he wants to stay here and be a part of the upcoming success with the team that drafted him. We haven't heard otherwise, and his brother tells us that he wants to stay a Houston Texan. I have no reason to doubt it.
Uh, I just look at Texans TV. Carr has a press release out saying he wants to be here.

He seems okay with everything to me. He doesn't want to lose and wants to win.

That's right after the season ( the Texan season ), so I am not sure what else could be expected of him as far as saying something.
Old 02-20-2007   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
?????
Marcus' comment might have had something to do with the beer that was spilled on her a couple of years ago....
Old 02-20-2007   #14
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Didn't Spencer go down in the first half of the second game? If so, Carr didn't look that great for that long by your analysis.

As for your comment regarding surrendering to "larger forces", then Carr probably shouldn't be a QB in the NFL.

There are many guys that would do almost anything to have as many chances Carr has had to prove himself. Historically, no one has gotten as many chances as Carr.

I agree with your overall point that Carr hasn't had the best help in regards to play and talent around him. But, that is part of the job description of an NFL QB. I don't judge Carr for not making a playoff push, but for playing at level that most other backup NFL QB's could do for a lot less money and we wouldn't have had to "surrender" a #1 draft pick and pass on Julius Peppers.

It is inexcuseable that the offense can't run the two-minute or sustain a long meaningful drive in crunch time. Then when the offense does does not do that and the defense gives up the big play, the defense is blamed. Example, see the Titans game at home.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #15
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Marcus' comment might have had something to do with the beer that was spilled on her a couple of years ago....

Ok, thanks.
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #16
srstex
Veteran

I am sure Carr would be better if the O line was better, unfortunately, our defense is worse then our offense. With that fact looking you in the face everyday, Kubiak needs to stop the worst part of the team first. As for the o-line, I have posted for over a year now that, that is where the offense begins, not with QB, pick up a good left tackle, and the rest of the team will look better, including Carr. 6 & 10, is better, although I was not satisfied, and if we let evryone compete for their jobs, the team will be better in 2007.
As to what Carr wants, Santa told me personally, IT was a healthy Spencer at LT.

Have faith.
Old 02-20-2007   #17
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

David for the most part always spouts the company line; I doubt if he were that unhappy he'd make that big a deal out of it. It sounds like whining when you make millions and complain.

I have seen him some months back on TV and he did say he was ready for anything whether that be staying with the team or going elsewhere.

He's a pro athlete. They rarely stay in the same place for a whole career and I imagine he'd be fine either way.

Personally I think he's going to be elsewhere next year.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he wants to stay, but he wants more help from the organization on the offensive side of the ball badly. I don't know if you call saying that you would like to play with a guy once or twice in the media "lobbying" (Ask Ray Lewis about Lobbying for a certain player!) but i think a HUGE part of him wanting to stay is to prove to some of the fans that boo him on Sundays that he can play. Yeah, he's a choir boy by Jeff George standards so you won't see him lashing out quite as badly, but he's also a professional athlete, who by nature, on that level, SHOULD love to compete.

If i were in his shoes though, I'd want to be traded. I say this b/c IMO, with what happened last year in the draft, & knowing how the fans felt about VY & you then, you just have to sense that the fans have their pens out & are ready to start the writing on the wall. I'd just want to cut ties & see about repairing my career elsewhere.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by srstex View Post
I am sure Carr would be better if the O line was better, unfortunately, our defense is worse then our offense.
How is our defense worse than our offense? Because they are always on the field when the offense can't get the job done.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #20
SESupergenius

If I were Carr, I'd cut and run. The media has pretty much just run him out of town all the while stating that we don't have playmakers, we don't have a solid running game, and our pass protection is horrible. They do all of this because of the manlove for Vince Young. The win by the Titans in overtime simply accelerated their hatred for Carr with old tried and true "nanny nanny nanny, I told you you should have picked our favorite Vince Young." All the while neglecting the fact that Reggie Bush had just as good a year as a part time player and was one of the positions that we needed to draft for.

Go David.....no Run David..to the team that does the things to be successful, I wish you best of luck. I think of you when we start having our QB controversy in week 4.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read