Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-20-2007   #1
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Not ready to give up on Carr

Carr has a lot of potential, and I think he'll only get better with time. While yeah he did have a piss poor season it did look like one of the better seasons i've seen from him. Get David a decent line and a good running back and you've got one of the best qb's in the league.
Old 02-20-2007   #2
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not ready to give up on Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
Carr has a lot of potential, and I think he'll only get better with time. While yeah he did have a piss poor season it did look like one of the better seasons i've seen from him. Get David a decent line and a good running back and you've got one of the best qb's in the league.
The average NFL career is 3.8 years. How long do we continue talking about potential, at a premium price, beyond the career expectancy of someone who touches the ball on every single offensive play?
Old 02-20-2007   #3
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4662 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

someone just needs to give him a jump start, kinda like in that dodge nitro commerical surely that will pick him up
Old 02-20-2007   #4
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
someone just needs to give him a jump start, kinda like in that dodge nitro commerical surely that will pick him up
Kubiak tried to give him a jump start. Do you remember when Kubiak benched Carr?? That was suppose to fire him up and that didn't even do it. Its time for a change......
Old 02-20-2007   #5
Andrew6
Site Contributor

ahh poor guy just needs a hug
Old 02-20-2007   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

You're right. We need to give him another 5 years before we can fairly evaluate him.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ahh poor guy just needs a hug
Carr gets to many hugs. Tough love in another address may be what he needs to realize the potential.
Old 02-20-2007   #8
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The average NFL career is 3.8 years. How long do we continue talking about potential, at a premium price, beyond the career expectancy of someone who touches the ball on every single offensive play?
As long as it takes to get an offensive line where we can run the ball effectively and have some continuity. Then we need a couple of playmakers that can run after the catch and get after the ball. Show me this and then we can start in on the QB.
Old 02-20-2007   #9
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
As long as it takes to get an offensive line where we can run the ball effectively and have some continuity. Then we need a couple of playmakers that can run after the catch and get after the ball. Show me this and then we can start in on the QB.
amen, I'd like to see him play but not just given the job to. Let him compete just like everyone else. If he is the best then let him start. I also agree that it is time to bring in a young qb from the draft and let him sit out a season and watch and learn the system.
Old 02-20-2007   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I think that the mere fact that he's getting special treatment from the organization is enough reason to turn him loose.

It isn't good for David and it isn't good for the rest of the team.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

There's just too many hard feelings. There are way too many people that blame Carr for everything that has gone wrong, and there are way too many people that won't blame him for anything that has gone wrong.

Carr, the Texans, and the fans, need to cut the ties ands move on.

Whichever team that Carr eventually ends up with, I personally think it would downright hilarious if Carr came back to Reliant Stadium and lit us up, like Joey Harrington did to the Lions on Thanksgiving day, but the move has to be made first.

I've been a Carr fan from day one, and admittedly have made too many excuses for him, but for the good of the team, and for Carr and his family . . this divorce needs to happen.

Last edited by Marcus; 02-20-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #12
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

I just don't like the QBs that are out there right now. I'm not seeing a long-term solution. So keep him for another year and see if a better qb comes out of the draft next year.
Old 02-20-2007   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
I just don't like the QBs that are out there right now. I'm not seeing a long-term solution. So keep him for another year and see if a better qb comes out of the draft next year.
There doesn't need to be a long term solution. But for many people, Carr symbolically represents what is wrong with the Texans. If Carr is kept for another year, then that would represent to a lot of fans, rightly or wrongly, that the Texans aren't serious about correcting what is "really" wrong with the team.

The situation with Carr has degenerated to the point where keeping him on the team would be public relations problem. Too much resentment, too many hard feelings, too much damage.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #14
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Well, I agree IF we can get a running back that is good enough to take the pressure off of the passing game.
Lynch, Lynch Lynch! (Because AP will not be there by the eighth pick in the first round.)
Old 02-20-2007   #15
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The situation with Carr has degenerated to the point where keeping him on the team would be public relations problem. Too much resentment, too many hard feelings, too much damage.
I think that's true, for the most part. But if they continue to lose after dumping Carr, the fans will just point the finger somewhere else. They will never be satisfied until the Texans win. That's the bottom line, and frankly I'm in that category. I'm tired of the excuses. Do what you have to do and just win, baby.
Old 02-20-2007   #16
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
yeah and while we are at it, he should get more WR's. i think we have heard these excuses for too long. not every great QB had the best offensive line, the best WR's, or the best running game. case in point: drew brees. didnt have the well known recievers but he made them into well known recievers. he did the same thing in san diego. me made a name for reche caldwell and antonio gates. he also knows how to use billy miller from time to time.

our line is not as bad as people make it out to be. people are too quick to throw the fault at the o-line for not blocking for carr.
Old 02-20-2007   #17
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

Quote:
yeah there isnt a long term solution, but even if it is a short term fix to help us win some games while we slowly develop the QB of the future that we draft, then im all for it. i think plummer gives us a better chance to win than carr. thats just my opinion. plummer went to the AFC championship game under kubiak. im not expecting plummer to be that good, but he would still be better than carr was last season. you can keep plummer long enough to develop a young qb, perhaps kolb.

i think us texans fans want to win right now. plummer isnt a long term fix, but he can suffice long enough for us to develop someone that can step in perhaps midseason or by 08 and be able to sustain some winning.
Old 02-20-2007   #18
Let's try this again
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe we need to give the O-Line and the RB's a decent QB
Old 02-20-2007   #19
Texans Front Row Crew
Rookie

Quote:
Carr has a lot of potential, ... Get David a decent line and a good running back and you've got one of the best qb's in the league.

Signed,

Ryan Leaf & Tim Couch
Old 02-20-2007   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
i hope other teams think like you do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read