Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-19-2007   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default My options on not trading for Plummer

If we don't trade for Plummer we can keep any picks or current personell. If Plummer is cut, then we get him and keep our picks. If he stays with Denver, or goes elsewhere, the worse is that we pick up someone else in FA or have Carr battle it out with Rosenfelts or someone else, and draft a QB in the later rounds.

I just don't want us to feel like we have to do anything.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #2
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: My options on not trading for Plummer

I agree that we simply have too many other holes to fill at this point then to trade any picks or good players at other positions to get Plummer. If we can win 6 games with Carr with a depleted offensive and defensive lines, a horrible secondary and no true starter at tailback, then I believe we can make some additional progress this year if we can take care of fixing some other areas of the team.

I am not going to argue that we couldn't use an upgrade at the QB position, but if you look at this year's Chicago Bears, there is evidence that you can win even with a sub-par QB. I am not sure how much more inconsistent Carr could be than last year, so I think that this TEAM can get better, even if the QB situation doesn't improve.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #3
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

I agree pick him up is he's released but dont trade away valuable draft picks that's how you build your team anyway not trading for QBs who cant cut it anymore.
Old 02-19-2007   #4
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I agree that we simply have too many other holes to fill at this point then to trade any picks or good players at other positions to get Plummer. If we can win 6 games with Carr with a depleted offensive and defensive lines, a horrible secondary and no true starter at tailback, then I believe we can make some additional progress this year if we can take care of fixing some other areas of the team.

I am not going to argue that we couldn't use an upgrade at the QB position, but if you look at this year's Chicago Bears, there is evidence that you can win even with a sub-par QB. I am not sure how much more inconsistent Carr could be than last year, so I think that this TEAM can get better, even if the QB situation doesn't improve.

This IMO, is a bad argument....

If the Bears would have gotten just a little bit better QB play, they probably would have won the superbowl, and may have not lost the games they did lose durning the regular season. We don't have the Bears defense, or running game, or coaching staff...so therefore, no....we can't win "like" the Bears....That is their identity....

I would rather rely on a good QB, that way you know year in and year out you'll have a good team and atleast be able to compete...i.e the Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks, Colts....

Can you name a really bad team, with a great QB ?
Old 02-19-2007   #5
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

packers were ok
rams were ok
Old 02-19-2007   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll take a stab for *******s and giggles....

New Orleans Saints with Archie Manning?
Old 02-19-2007   #7
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
First that came to my mind was the Miami Dolphins with Dan Marino...great QB, never won a Super Bowl
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
05' Packers
Farve's only losing season as a starting QB

which is a bit like Marino ( with a minor difference of a Super Bowl Won )

83' Oilers with Archie Manning
Old 02-19-2007   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
83' Oilers with Archie Manning
I stand corrected. I should have said Archie Manning and ANY team he played on.
Old 02-19-2007   #10
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I stand corrected. I should have said Archie Manning and ANY team he played on.
How about John Elway and the Stanford Cardinal????
Old 02-19-2007   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

o yeah Elway had one 5-11 season in there.

Which brings up Bernie Kosar... 3-13 that year too.

EDIT:
Notice that Beathard tag... oOo man what little do we know of the future in the past.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 02-19-2007 at 06:14 PM. Reason: add line
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read