Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2007   #1
Ali4Real

Question Texans Depth Chart...Fill The Holes

Here's the Texans defense, now try and fill the ???? positions...curious to see who get's added in.

Dunta Robinson ?????? ?????? ????????

???? DeMeco Ryans ???????

Mario Williams ????? ????? ?????

2. Who should we draft at #8, also how much cap space do we have left?

check this out: http://texans.scout.com/2/588329.html
Old 02-19-2007   #2
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default Re: Texans Depth Chart...Fill The Holes

Dunta Robinson Glenn Earl Laron Landry Chris Houston

Morlon Greenwood DeMeco Ryans ???????

Mario Williams Travis Johnson Anthony Maddox Jason Babin
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #3
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post
Here's the Texans defense, now try and fill the ???? positions...curious to see who get's added in.

Dunta Robinson ?????? ?????? ????????

???? DeMeco Ryans ???????

Mario Williams ????? ????? ?????

Anthony Weaver??
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #4
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

dunta, petey, chris houston
morlon,demeco,tim shaw
mario,weaver,maddox,the johnsons,charles grant
deion grant, micheal lewis,tom zibikowski, will gulley
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #5
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali4Real View Post

Dunta Robinson Michael Lewis CC Brown Aaron Ross

John Harris??? DeMeco Ryans Greenwood

Mario Williams Weaver Tr Johnson Jamaal Anderson or Gaines Adams

Do I pass or fail?
Old 02-19-2007   #6
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

with the 8th pick the houston texans select
brady quinn or levi brown
Old 02-19-2007   #7
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
with the 8th pick the houston texans select
brady quinn or levi brown
I think hearing the name "brady quinn" in the same sentace as "the houston texans select", it would hurt more then the bills game and getting smoked by JP Losman. Do we really want to waste another year of AJ's career and enter the complete rebuilding stage with our offense with another rookie QB stuck behind a turnstile offensive line with rookies and over the hill veterans at running back? Its not just that I dont want Quinn, I think he has a good chance to be a good QB, but its also the fact that we are missing out on somone like Levi Brown, Okoye, maybe AP, or one of the safties...a player that could help our team get over the hump right now instead of a year or two down the road.
Old 02-19-2007   #8
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Thats why I would pick up pettigout & kevin curtis in free agency. If AP was available you have to take him. He is my pick as the best player in the draft.
Old 02-19-2007   #9
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

If we're just doing D:

DE- Mario Williams
DT- Anthony Maddox
DT- Sean Payne
DE- Anthony Weaver
OLB- Morlon Greenwood
MLB- DeMeco Ryans
OLB- Earl Everett
CB- Dunta Robinson
CB- Aaron Ross
Nickel- DeMarcus Faggins
SS- Glenn Earl
FS- Ken Hamlin / Michael Lewis
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #10
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
If we're just doing D:

DE- Mario Williams
DT- Anthony Maddox
DT- Sean Payne
DE- Anthony Weaver
OLB- Morlon Greenwood
MLB- DeMeco Ryans
OLB- Earl Everett
CB- Dunta Robinson
CB- Aaron Ross
Nickel- DeMarcus Faggins
SS- Glenn Earl
FS- Ken Hamlin / Michael Lewis
Seth Payne? and I take it we went offense in the 1st round? I wouldn't mind picking up aaron ross and earl everett in the 2nd and 3rd. I also like the ken hamlin pick up in free agency. i think michael lewis is more a strong safety if i'm not mistaken but would be an upgrade to our current ss...i'm fine with having earl there.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #11
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Seth Payne? and I take it we went offense in the 1st round? I wouldn't mind picking up aaron ross and earl everett in the 2nd and 3rd. I also like the ken hamlin pick up in free agency. i think michael lewis is more a strong safety if i'm not mistaken but would be an upgrade to our current ss...i'm fine with having earl there.
Sean Payne was my question mark, but I was assuming that we drafted AD with our 1st pick
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #12
TexanAddict
Texan 'til I Die

Rep Power: 77 TexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanAddict is a quality contributor and well respected

His name is Seth Payne.
TexanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #13
amazingandre
All Pro

DE- Mario Williams
DT- Travis Johnson
DT- Anthony Maddox
DE- Jason Babin
OLB- Kailee Wong
MLB- Demeco Ryans
OLB- Morlon Greenwood
CB- D-Rob
FS- Brandon Meriweather
SS- Glen Earl
CB- Dre Bly
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #14
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

DE Weaver, Kalu, Williams, Babin
DT Travis Johnson, Maddox, Louis Leonard, Cory Redding
LB Greenwood Ryans Shaw
DB Robinson, CC Brown, Earl, Faggins, Piscitelli, Travarous Bain
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
DE Weaver, Kalu, Williams, Babin
DT Travis Johnson, Maddox, Louis Leonard, Cory Redding
LB Greenwood Ryans Shaw
DB Robinson, CC Brown, Earl, Faggins, Piscitelli, Travarous Bain
Very nice, rep your way. Only nit Pick is Picitelli. He'll be the tallest FS in NFL history. Not saying it can't happen, just saying. Can a guy that tall have the hips to sivell , turn and burn ? We'll see.
Old 02-22-2007   #16
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Very nice, rep your way. Only nit Pick is Picitelli. He'll be the tallest FS in NFL history. Not saying it can't happen, just saying. Can a guy that tall have the hips to sivell , turn and burn ? We'll see.
We will not know the answer to that until this week is over.

Hope everyone noticed no 1st or 2nd round picks used in my defensive example. Yet holes are filled. I would not cry if those picks where used on the offensive line.
Old 02-22-2007   #17
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is a combination of what I think our offense will look like and possibly how the draft could pan out.

QB- David Carr
RB- Ron Dayne (w/Taylor, Lundy, Gado, Williams mixing in)
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Eric Moulds
TE-Owen Daniels
LT-Levi Brown, LT, Penn St. (1st rd pick)
LG-Fred Weary
C-Ryan Kalil, C, USC (2nd rd pick)
RG-Charles Spencer (if he's healed enough to play...he 'eases' in here)
RT- Eric Winston
Old 02-22-2007   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Here is a combination of what I think our offense will look like and possibly how the draft could pan out.

I have a hard time seeing Kalil dropping to us. I think he gets picked before our pick in the 2nd. I advacate a trade down from #8 to the 20's, selecting Staley, a better fit at LT than Brown, IMO, of course that can change with the combine numbers.

If we get real lucky we get a couple more picks and maybe trade back up to the late 1st early 2nd and get Kalil. But I like Satele, and Datish they just are not as ready to start from week one like Kalil. So a trade back up would be a waste.
Old 02-22-2007   #19
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Quote:

QB- David Carr
RB- Ron Dayne (w/Taylor, Lundy, Gado, Williams mixing in)
WR-Andre Johnson
WR-Eric Moulds
TE-Owen Daniels
LG-Fred Weary
RG-Charles Spencer (if he's healed enough to play...he 'eases' in here)
RT- Eric Winston
Where is Pitts?
Old 02-22-2007   #20
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Pitts will/should definitly be on the team. I guess in my little scenario he'd be depth. something we've never had. He'd be starting at guard too depending on how spencer comes back. I wanted to have spencer in the line up but if he gets beaten out then he may go to RT to replace winston. Best 5 lineman line up get the nod.

I don't really see Kalil being there either. With oak, det, tampa, CLEVELAND, arizona picking before us he's gonna be gone. He could even go late 1st round.

Me praying Kalil is there for us in the 2nd is like us all praying Peterson is there for us in the 1st. Heck if thomas is gone before Arizona and Levi's stock keeps rising....the cards could pick brown up at #5...who knows.

I'm not too familiar with the other C prospect in this draft but that they are probably all 3rd or 2nd day guys. I agree i dont see any of them being able to step in and start next season.....well, i guess we are talking about our 0-line so anythings possible!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read