Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2007   #1
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Board ranked

This is something that I have been thinking about for quite some time. As to what player is on the top of our board..or should be. How each player is ranked for our team...if they were to fall to our spot at 8. who would we pick ahead of somebody else?

In all honesty I don't really know where to start. Calvin Johnson is a perfect example. He is incredible and the best player in the draft imo but I would be more inclined to pick someone else so i'm going to feel like an ***** not having him 1...etc.

I think Joe Thomas has to be up there in prob. the top 2 or 3.

What do y'all think our board should look like? If Jamarcus Russell and Adrian Peterson were both available....would you pick russell? If Joe Thomas and Calvin Johnson were available who would you take....or Joe Thomas and Jamarcus Russell!?

I just wanted to get an idea of some peoples views...who they would choose over another player. Please no-one say well we're never going to get player x so he's not even on the list. list everyone...or at least top 10?? ranking them in the order you would draft if they were there for us to pick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #2
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Texans Board ranked

I would probably go like this on my top 5:

Calvin Johnson
Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
JaMarcus Russell
Amobi Okoye

I don't know why you would be more inclined not to draft CJ with the number one pick. The guy is easily the best talent in the draft and, while we're not weak, we're not strong by any means at WR. This list is simply my list of best players 1-5 and I hope the Texans have something very similiar. I think it is very likely one of those players falls to us, though I probably wouldn't draft Russell unless I intended to trade him immediately for more picks.

Last edited by NEROtheZERO; 02-19-2007 at 03:29 PM.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #3
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

CJ
Russell
Thomas
Peterson
Quinn
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #4
htownfoozball
Veteran

CJ
Thomas
Peterson
Russell
Brown
Anderson
Quinn
Landry
Okoye
Branch
Revis
Adams
htownfoozball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thomas
Peterson
Johnson
Brown
Okoye

Don't see us having QB's that high on our big board when we have needs for offensive playmakers to help out their long term project Carr, we have desperate OL needs and a need to imporve the DL too.
Old 02-19-2007   #6
Janus3
Veteran

Joe Thomas
Calvin Johnson
Marshawn Lynch
Adrian Peterson
Laron Landry
Old 02-19-2007   #7
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Joe Thomas
Adrian Peterson
Calvin Johnson
Jarmarcus Russell
Levi Brown
Reggie Nelson
Leon Hall

I sincerely doubt that we have to worry about JT, CJ, or JR falling to us.

I am hopeful about either AD (AP) or LB. If, for some reason the top 5 are not there, I would like to see us trade back. SOMEONE will want to trade up to pick Quinn.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2007   #8
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

My rankings are:

1. Jamarcus Russel - We're in the market for a QB, so why not?
2. Calvin Johnson - Playmaker and Kubes says that's what we need.
3. Adrian Peterson - Another playmaker.
4. Amobe Okoye - At 19, this kid is going to be a beast and should help free up some room for Mario.
5. Laron Landry - Would upgrade the secondary immediately.
6. Joe Thomas - Would upgrade OL, expecially with a healthy Charles Spencer.
7. Leon Hall - Move Faggins back to nickel, which should be his position, and we could have a very good secondary.
8. Reggie Nelson - Secondary was very weak. If we end up with him, I wouldn't be upset at all.

Any one of those top eight and I will be happy with the first pick.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #9
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Talking Re: Texans Board ranked

1. Joe Thomas- franchise LT Here
2. Adrian Peterson- he could really give our RB corps a boost
3. Calvin Johnson- could one imagine? AJ & CJ, Moulds in the slot? We would have the best trio in the league.
4. LaRon Landry- secondary needs to be badly upgraded.
5. Gaines Adams- with this pick, Mario and Adams will be dangerous, with Weaver and Maddox in the inside.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #10
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90711 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clash_Fan3605 View Post
1. Joe Thomas- franchise LT Here
2. Adrian Peterson- he could really give our RB corps a boost
3. Calvin Johnson- could one imagine? AJ & CJ, Moulds in the slot? We would have the best trio in the league.
4. LaRon Landry- secondary needs to be badly upgraded.
5. Gaines Adams- with this pick, Mario and Adams will be dangerous, with Weaver and Maddox in the inside.
I like the look of your board.
Old 02-19-2007   #11
Clash_Fan3605
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
I like the look of your board.
Thank you. I read the thread about your baby, & I wish and hope for the best.
Well, now that we have Schaub & no 2nd round draft pick, DRAFT LaRON LANDRY at #10!
Clash_Fan3605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #12
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

I also like the look of your board.

If one of the top 3 fell to us i would celebrate all weekend and the other 2 i like alot as well and wouldnt complain a bit if we selected one of them.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read