Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-19-2007   #1
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34538 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Norv Turner chargers new coach

I reaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyyyy don't get this. You fire Marty to hire Norv. I know there's not alot of candidates out there but Norv?
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #2
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Norv Turner chargers new coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I reaaaaaaaaaaallyyyyyyyyy don't get this. You fire Marty to hire Norv. I know there's not alot of candidates out there but Norv?
Wow.

You'd think they would go after Mora
Old 02-19-2007   #3
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Raider fans are cracking up on their MB.

Definitley strange hiring. Turner is a good offensive c, but not head coach.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #4
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Ugh...rehash hire. This guy hasn't been completely successful after leaving Dallas. Same with Butch Davis. Sorry but if i had that o-line and the tripletts. I'd look like a #$@#$@ genius too.

I thought Rex Ryan was a shoe in here. With Singletary getting a good look as well. Guess they hope he continues the deveopment of Rivers.

Better hire some good assistants.
Old 02-19-2007   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

good hire. they need someone with experience to keep the ship steady. someone who won't be overwhelmed with a week left before the combine, someone who will get their affairs in order for a talented team.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #6
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, they are missing the boat on Rivera. Turner will have to really go out of his way to screw this one up though. Probably make a SB run next year. Everythings in place to do it.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #7
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I will say this about Norv, whom I am not a huge fan of, but he only failed with two organizations who have bad draft choices and FA signings. Not succeeding with that raiders is the norm and the rule.

The situation that SD is in it is good to hire someone with experience. If it was early in the process and you could hire some good assistants I would take a number of guys over Norv, but this late in the process I think it is taking a bad situaion and making the most of it.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-19-2007   #8
bluestars87
Rookie

I'm pissed.
Old 02-19-2007   #9
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Raider fans are cracking up on their MB.

Definitley strange hiring. Turner is a good offensive c, but not head coach.
I wonder with this great hire.

I wonder if this will make LT think about doing a Barry Sanders.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #10
Football Time In Hou.
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestars87 View Post
I'm pissed.
Don't worry Blue, we'll be okay. Oh Nolan is going to pull another rabbit out of his hat.
Football Time In Hou. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #11
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

I can hear Marty now
"They fired me for this guy?!?"
Old 11-19-2007   #12
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot of people questioned this hiring and it's not looking good so far.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #13
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90222 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
A lot of people questioned this hiring and it's not looking good so far.
AJ Smith better polish up his resume and add that he was on vacation for all of 2007. He looks like a complete *****. Imagine how much better that team would have been with either Cam Cameron (Rivers would be miles better) or Wade Phillips coaching.

They have more talent than almost anyone, but are .500. That is clearly attributed to how stupid their decisions to fire Marty for Norv and not retain any key staff were.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007   #14
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

looks like AJ Smith may replace Randy Mueller in Miami.
Old 11-24-2007   #15
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
looks like AJ Smith may replace Randy Mueller in Miami.
Rumors are also starting up about Pete Carroll taking over in SD if Turner can't break the .500 mark.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7537289

If the Chargers don't finish better than .500, Norv Turner may be bounced. His potential replacement? USC coach Pete Carroll. Carroll has declined recent NFL overtures, but things have changed. His Trojans are no longer a dynasty, and the idea of going to the NFL but staying in Southern California could be appealing to the former New England and N.Y. Jets coach, especially if the money and power are right.
Old 11-24-2007   #16
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Rumors are also starting up about Pete Carroll taking over in SD if Turner can't break the .500 mark.
I don't think Carroll would be the right guy for the job. He's a great college coach. He's only so-so as a pro coach (going by his record). Maybe Bill Cowher would be interested?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #17
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57076 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Who bumped this thread?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #18
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Who bumped this thread?!
I would have to say it was M Shadows in the TV room with a remote control!
Old 11-24-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7537289

If the Chargers don't finish better than .500, Norv Turner may be bounced. His potential replacement? USC coach Pete Carroll. Carroll has declined recent NFL overtures, but things have changed. His Trojans are no longer a dynasty, and the idea of going to the NFL but staying in Southern California could be appealing to the former New England and N.Y. Jets coach, especially if the money and power are right.
speculation based on nothing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read