Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-19-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WR Ginn Has Foot Sprain, Won't Run At Combine

Ted Ginn Jr. will be mostly a spectator when more than 300 draft-eligible players and as many NFL coaches and scouts converge at the NFL scouting combine this week in Indianapolis.

Ginn's sprained left foot is not ready to be tested yet. He has been training for six weeks with Tim Robertson of Speed Strength Systems at the Euclid Sports Plant, but likely won't do anything physical at the combine.

"Right now, I'm just going to weigh in, get my height measured, and take care of things like that," Ginn said over the phone on Friday. "I tried to get ready for Indy, but it wasn't a good time for me. I just have to wait for the next time."

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plai...820.xml&coll=2
Old 02-19-2007   #2
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
Veteran

Default Re: WR Ginn Has Foot Sprain, Won't Run At Combine

Is it me or did his stock just drop out of the first ten?
Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry View Post
not if his pro day is as ridiculous as it should be.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry View Post
He's just the first to beg out of the tests at the combine. There will be plenty of others. Bush, Young, & Ferguson (3 of the top 4 picks) all passed at running at the combine last year.

Every team knows Ginn is fast. The weigh-in is more important for Ginn (and maybe the physical to check out that foot).
Old 02-19-2007   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Didn't he pull a groin or injury a hammy in the butt-kicking by the Gators in
OSUs Bowl game ? Maybe the new Bennie Joppru ?
Teams interested in Ginn have got to be now rapidly discounting his value because of durability concerns.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Joppru never had any injuries till he got to the Texans...so that is a reach.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I'm not a big Gin Jr. supporter for sure. But how many weeks has he been off that ankle now ? You know the other day someone posted that the combine is basically worthless. I believe the quote was "the most over rated function in sports". I think now Ginn Jr is no longer a lock at a top fifteen. But has become a person of intrest. They're going to poke and pull at that ankle before they flop down a big pay day. Believe anything, believe that.

I think Micheal Bush is in the same boat. He needs a fine work out to go in the top 64.

Wondering here if Ginn Jr. is still enrolled at tOSU ? I'm not so sure if his best interests aren't to go the supplimental route ? Start a bidding war this summer ?

My opinion of the combine is that it is just another tool. You got a saftey, all american saftey, can't break a 4.7 in the forty. I don't care what he looks on the film...he can't play saftey in the NFL. The giants don't just give the guys that 500 question monster of a test they have out of hand. It might have some psychological funtion by it self for sure. I believe the real value is to answer the question does the guy have the attitude to take a five hundred question test with a good attitude ? Et al, how bad does this guy want "it" ? I mean if he can't remain focused for two hours taking a test once, how is he going to handle two hours of complicated meetings three times a week ?
Old 02-19-2007   #8
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Joppru never had any injuries till he got to the Texans...so that is a reach.
I agree with that. I was absolutly giddy we got the guy at the time. He was a much better prospect than the two we got this draft going at the top at tight end this draft. The guy could block. Had great hands and was more than just a little fluid running his routes. Just goes to show, that no one is above busting.
Old 02-19-2007   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Wondering here if Ginn Jr. is still enrolled at tOSU ? I'm not so sure if his best interests aren't to go the supplimental route ?
Ginn has already declared for the draft.
Old 02-19-2007   #10
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

Reminds me of Stallworth great speed, playmaker but wont see the field enough to warrant that high of a pick.
Old 02-19-2007   #11
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedTheBurntOrange View Post
Reminds me of Stallworth great speed, playmaker but wont see the field enough to warrant that high of a pick.
He and Tory certainly cut the hell out of us back in September didn't they ? Guad that was brutal to watch.
Old 02-19-2007   #12
real

Quote:

Ginn has more play-making ability than Stallworth.
Old 02-19-2007   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
he'll also return kicks and punts, and will be used in a manner more similiar to reggie bush than stallworth. stallworth is a glorified go-guy. and isnt anywhere near the athlete as ginn.
Old 02-19-2007   #14
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
he'll also return kicks and punts, and will be used in a manner more similiar to reggie bush than stallworth. stallworth is a glorified go-guy. and isnt anywhere near the athlete as ginn.
Don't agree with you often, but......Dito.
Old 02-19-2007   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

you should agree with me more. i'm never wrong. that would up your percentages of being right considerably. to 100%, in fact, since i'm never wrong.
Old 02-19-2007   #16
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

This is really not that big of a deal. It is very common for big prospects to pass on running or doing any drills at the combine. Vince and Reggie didn't run or do any drills last year and I didn't hear anyone say that they would drop out of the top ten.

Everyone knows that he is very fast. What is more important for him is that he doesn't weigh in at under 180 or 190 pounds.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #17
real

Old 02-19-2007   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72046 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

End result. He is fast.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #19
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
you should agree with me more. i'm never wrong. that would up your percentages of being right considerably. to 100%, in fact, since i'm never wrong.
easy there miss cleo
Old 02-19-2007   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Like they said on ESPN (can't believe I'm using them for validation), everyone knows Ginn is fast, so no big deal if he doesn't run.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read