Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2007   #1
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Default Tatum Bell and Plummer to Houston rumor

Quote:
The Texans are interested in Plummer. Whether through trade or release, Plummer is likely to end up with Kubiak. There is talk the Broncos and Texans will discuss a trade that would send Plummer, Bell and an early-round draft pick to Houston for the No. 8 overall pick and perhaps a player.
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251758

I personally hate the idea....but at least it is something to talk about.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 27348 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tatum Bell and Plummer in Houston

Dont Do It!!!
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #3
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Rep Power: 9 SamuraiSword is a Pro BowlerSamuraiSword is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAXwithanX View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251758

I personally hate the idea....but at least it is something to talk about.
hmmmmm the plot thickens. Who is Tatum Bell? I am not familiar with that player?
Old 02-18-2007   #4
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

That article sounds eerily like John McClain... trying to pimp a trade idea to the local team..

I think I would actually vomit if the Texans give up #8 and a player for Plummer, Bell and an early round pick,
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #5
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

So we would get:

Jake Plummer
Tatum Bell
an early round draft pick
- Plummer and Bell have actually produced

We would give:
Our 1st rounder
Another player (I nominate David Carr)

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all. JMHO.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #6
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Yeah it is probably the worst offseason idea I've heard yet. There is no way Kubiak and Smith would mull this over....but there just hasn't been much to discuss the past few days so I figure why not?

MichaelM, your avatar is great.
Old 02-18-2007   #7
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 3952 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not sure I'd like this scenario. Denver is trying to get playmakers also, so they would jettison Plummer and Bell to us to pick one at #8. Doesn't sound like a long-term move, but rather one of desparation...doubt Rick will pull that trigger.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2007   #8
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=89102&spln=1

Quote:
Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday that Tatum Bell's fumbles disappointed him more than his 2006 statistics.
"Everybody says what a bad year Tatum had and what a great year Maroney had, but Tatum Bell averaged more yards-per-carry," he said. "I think Tatum just disappointed with the turnovers...late in the season." Some near the team say Bell won't be back with Denver in 2007. Feb. 6 - 4:02 pm et
okay.

So Pops Shanahan doesn't like Plummer throwing the ball away and Bell fumbling. And then the "Texan Brass" likes them both.

real good planning.
Old 02-18-2007   #9
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
So we would get:

Jake Plummer
Tatum Bell
an early round draft pick

We would give:
Our 1st rounder
Another player (I nominate David Carr)

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all. JMHO.
If Jake Plummer wasn't going to get cut and he was still their starter I guess I could understand it. But basically....because if we wait long enough Plummer will get cut (which I'm not saying we should do, I'd like to give up something small for him to get him here before the final day before camp....like the Ravens did with McNair....maybe give up a 5th) we are giving up the 8th pick and a player (it isn't like we have an abundance of players that teams would want that wouldn't significantly hurt us if we lost) for Tatum Bell and a 2nd or 3rd round pick......thats horrible.
Old 02-18-2007   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a whole lot to consider here.

Here's the key phrase of the article...

Quote:
Heard an interesting scenario the other day: Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer could be joining coach Gary Kubiak in Houston.
Reaching.
Old 02-18-2007   #11
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

agreed.

I want to see some quotes from either FO.
Old 02-18-2007   #12
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Not a whole lot to consider here.

Here's the key phrase of the article...

Reaching.
Oh damn, your right....well now you've solved it for everyone I guess we should just lock the thread and start talking about drafting AP at 8 or whether a guy we don't even have yet would be a good QB here.

Like I said....didn't say it was all that plausible....but it is worth discussing...anything other than the 50 threads over the same subjects.
Old 02-18-2007   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Another key phrase.

Quote:
Who knows if this trade idea will have legs, but it could make sense for both teams.
Old 02-18-2007   #14
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Sorry....I meant to just post this in the bull pen....even though it is discussing our draft as well....

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=35392

You can lock it up...
Old 02-18-2007   #15
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Oh damn, your right....well now you've solved it for everyone I guess we should just lock the thread and start talking about drafting AP at 8 or whether a guy we don't even have yet would be a good QB here.
Solved what? Was this thread supposed to be a riddle?

The article itself is even titled "Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible"

Notice the question mark.
Old 02-18-2007   #16
SamuraiSword
Veteran

Quote:

Like I said....didn't say it was all that plausible....but it is worth discussing...anything other than the 50 threads over the same subjects.
Its a good find especially comming from Denver. I am not sure if it will happen or not,but its all up to kubiak and co.
Old 02-18-2007   #17
old football fan
Veteran

Bad deal for the Texans and I don't expect them to do it.
old football fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #18
JAXwithanX
Veteran

Quote:
Solved what? Was this thread supposed to be a riddle?

The article itself is even titled "Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible"

Notice the question mark.
Well since you've twice posted phrases alluding to the idea that it isn't very solid....(even though thats obvious) and helped make up everyone's mind that it isn't worth discussing....well I guess you have solved it for us. Not worth discussing on a discussion board....please continue with the Carr vs. Plummer threads.

But i guess this is understandable since you've got a fondness for playing Daddy apparently....
Old 02-18-2007   #19
SESupergenius

It's a good deal in that if the Media blitz to kill Carr's career in Houston is successful, then having a veteran QB in Plummer to take his place makes more sense than Sage Rosefels as our QB in 2007. Add to that that we get a pretty good runner in Bell. What is the downside to that? Well it depends on who we were going to pick at the #8 slot in the draft. Does that player have more talent than Plummer (on the downside of his career) or Bell (starting his career)?
Old 02-18-2007   #20
SamuraiSword
Veteran

tatum bell is not a bad player http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=35754

three for the price of two.......I would do it. But the only bad part is losing Adrian Peterson in the process if he falls to number 8.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read