Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-18-2007   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default 2nd Round pick....

In a mock that Im in I selected Adrian Peterson in the first round at #8...Now we are 3 pick away from me in the 2nd round and these guys are left.

Charles Johnson, DE
Ben Grubbs, OG
Aaron Ross, CB
Robert Meachem, WR
Quentin Moses, DE
Jon Beason, OLB
Tony Ugoh, OT
Anthony Spencer, DE
Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, C
Brandon Merriweather, FS

The guys in bold are the guys who interest me the most...how about you guys?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 2nd Round pick....

Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, C
Brandon Merriweather, FS

In that order.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #3
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 110804 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

merriweather
houston
ugoh
charles johnson
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post
In a mock that Im in I selected Adrian Peterson in the first round at #8...Now we are 3 pick away from me in the 2nd round and these guys are left.

Charles Johnson, DE
Ben Grubbs, OG
Aaron Ross, CB
Robert Meachem, WR
Quentin Moses, DE
Jon Beason, OLB
Tony Ugoh, OT
Anthony Spencer, DE
Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, C
Brandon Merriweather, FS

Hmm, that's some tough choices.

1.Ryan Kalil- we need a new C and AP won't do a that much better if our line sux. + we need to continue to revamp the line...hopefully spencer and winston pan out.
2. Chris Houston-great cb so i've heard...could be a first rder.
3. Tony Ugoh-???? i don't know much about him i hear good things and i hear some negative things. if he fits our system i say grap him, spencer can play lt, rt or even guard depending on all the competion.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #5
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

Merriweather,Houston,or Johnson if you want defense

Kalil if you want to help the line
Old 02-18-2007   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 66253 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Charles Johnson!!!
Old 02-18-2007   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd have to go with Kalil or Ugoh. If they are gone, I'd go with Houston.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2007   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

We need a DB.

Houston or Merriweather.
Old 02-18-2007   #9
Navy_Chris
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23 View Post

Charles Johnson, DE
Ben Grubbs, OG
Aaron Ross, CB
Robert Meachem, WR
Quentin Moses, DE
Jon Beason, OLB
Tony Ugoh, OT
Anthony Spencer, DE
Chris Houston, CB
Ryan Kalil, C
Brandon Merriweather, FS

Tony Ugoh
Ben Grubbs
Brandon Merriweather
Old 02-18-2007   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Chris Houston
2. Ryan Kalil
3. Brandon Merriwether
4. Benn Grubbs
5. Quentin Moses
6. Robert Meachem
7. Jon Beason, OLB
8. Tony Ugoh, OT

In that order. None of the others should recieve conderation.
Old 02-18-2007   #11
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

If we go Peterson R1, I want to draft someone who will help out our pass defense so either FS, CB, or DE. If we go Anderson or Landry R1, I still want someone who will fix our pass defense. Guess what the point of emphasis is this offseason?
Old 02-18-2007   #12
trutxn
Veteran

Start praying now that Adrian is still available at #8. The best available talent at # 8 will be DT, DE, or SS.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read