Veteran
1999 Bears
6-10 5961 yards 341 points
2000 Bears
5-11 5464 yards 355 points

2005 Texans
2-14 5824 yards 431 points
2006 Texans
6-10 5400 yards 366 points ( the same as Green Bay )

Urlacher Rookie of the Year
TK Asst Sacks Yds Int Yds TDs PD FF FR
97_ 26__ 8.0__49_ 2_ 19_ 0__ 5 _0 _1

DeMeco Rookie of the Year
126 30__ 3.5__30_ 1_ 16_ 0__ 7 _1 _1

looks pretty good up against another Rookie of the Year middle linebacker. I imagine DeMeco will have to get in on a sack a little more often to solidify his image... and having Peyton and Young around should help that out a bit.

That and some good health and it could be Hawaii every year for awhile.

I like.....

But like the Bears, we have to keep building, and continue to put talent around Demeco to keep it going. Once teams start game planning for him, take him out of the game, someone's got to be able to step up.

I think that Ryans will get some more sacks with an improved defensive line next year, we had a lot of injuries along there last year and I think another year under the new defensive scheme and a healthy d-line will help him a ton.

I think if we can add a Vonnie Holliday/Roderick Coleman type at DT, an Adalius Thomas/Carlos Emmons type at SAM, and a starting caliber CB/FS then DeMeco will be visiting Hawaii!!!

yeah it took the Bears a few years after getting Urlacher to beaf up their defense.

The club was pretty much in a slump from 1997-2004, with a defensive spike in 2001 ( when the team went 13-3 ). I am still looking at their rosters to see if I can tell if any personel moves helped.

I know they had some decent DBs during that period ( at least from around 1999 )

They picked up Ogunleye and Harris in the same year ( 04 ).

1999 Bears
6-10 5961 yards 341 points
2000 Bears
5-11 5464 yards 355 points

2005 Texans
2-14 5824 yards 431 points
2006 Texans
6-10 5400 yards 366 points ( the same as Green Bay )

Urlacher Rookie of the Year
97_ 26__ 8.0__49_ 2_ 19_ 0__ 5 _0 _1

DeMeco Rookie of the Year
126 30__ 3.5__30_ 1_ 16_ 0__ 7 _1 _1

looks pretty good up against another Rookie of the Year middle linebacker. I imagine DeMeco will have to get in on a sack a little more often to solidify his image... and having Peyton and Young around should help that out a bit.

That and some good health and it could be Hawaii every year for awhile.

Why would Peyton and Young help out in that department. Young was only sacked 25 times and Manning was only sacked 14 times. Both these QBs don't give up sacks, especially Peyton

Why would Peyton and Young help out in that department. Young was only sacked 25 times and Manning was only sacked 14 times. Both these QBs don't give up sacks, especially Peyton

The Pro Bowl has a huge "glam" factor to it. There is also a tendency for players to repeat in the lesser offensive positions ( like OL, DL ), once they have been elected.

Sacking Manning or Young is worth a lot more per sack, then say sacking Leftwich or whoever the Browns start.

Urlacher got that kind of spotlight with Favre and Culpepper. But then Urlacher also had that Bears' LB mystique to help his image out a little.
---

and I guess I should say I am looking two different things too... team image and performance

Back