Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

View Poll Results: Who would you take at #8
LaRon Landry 25 33.78%
Brady Quinn 7 9.46%
Amobi Okoye 26 35.14%
Jamaal Anderson 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-18-2007   #1
pollster
Rookie

Default Who would you take?

Out of these people, who do you like the best?
pollster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #2
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who would you take?

Not really fond of any of those guys at 8, but I would take Okoye probally because I feel he is the next Sapp.
Old 02-18-2007   #3
BleedTheBurntOrange
Rookie

Laron Landry,SEC tough and just like Demeco not a flashy pick but he gets the job done im takin him
Old 02-18-2007   #4
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Okoye
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any but Quinn, preferably Landry or Okoye.

I'm going through a safety phase at the moment so I chose Landry.
Old 02-18-2007   #6
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to clarify, my vote was based upon the choices available in the poll.

I would prefer to pick AD....then Levi Brown....then Reggie Nelson....then Leon Hall.

Actually if neither AD nor Brown are available, I'm all for trading back to 16-ish, and then picking the BPA in secondary or Lynch. We could use the additional picks in the mid-rounds.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #7
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Out of these 4, I would have to take Okoye. I use to be on the Landry bandwagon a few months ago, but over the last month or so, it's been Okoye for me. I guess I'm hoping we can resolve some of the DB issues in FA. Would never go for Quinn, even if we traded Carr. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2007   #8
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

I struggled between Okoye and Anderson, but settled on the latter. If Anderson could combine w/ Mario to give us huge, fast DEs...we might be OK with our DT rotation. Really I'd prefer Levi if he looks decent so we could help solidify our OL. AD would be ideal, but doubt here's there.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #9
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quinn we have been ignoring the QB postion for years and its about time we have a real NFL QB.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #10
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Anyone but Quinn.
Old 02-18-2007   #11
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

1 quinn
2 anderson
3 brown
4 adams
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Left me no one to vote for .thanks
Old 02-18-2007   #13
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Any but Quinn, preferably Landry or Okoye.

I'm going through a safety phase at the moment so I chose Landry.
This is what I was thinking, any of the 3 as long as it is not Quinn. And of the other 3, I would take Landry due to I think he is a more pressing need over DL. (should have listed at least on O-linemen).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #14
Janus3
Veteran

landry in the only sure thing of the bunch at a position that needs the most help. no brainer.
Old 02-19-2007   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Of those guys...Okoye.

Should be a great player and with the building publicity about his age and abilities, it could be a shot in the arm for our image around the NFL. Who knows....might even get us a MNF game?!?!
Old 02-19-2007   #16
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 121409 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

sorry threetoed
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #17
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy Johnson once said that to be great you have to take risk sometimes ... Okoye has the most upswing .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

from that list, Okoye would be it for me...I would like to have Landry if we could trade back to around #16, but I think #8 is too high for a safety. Merriweather might be available in the 2nd, so I can't see reaching for a safety at #8.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #19
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Of those guys...Okoye.

Should be a great player and with the building publicity about his age and abilities, it could be a shot in the arm for our image around the NFL. Who knows....might even get us a MNF game?!?!
okoye won't get you a MNF game unless he gets 15 sacks and you guys make the playoffs.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007   #20
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with the anyone but Quinn crowd. I REALLY like Landry. I watch a lot of LSU and the guy will be a stud in the NFL. Okoye wouldn't hurt my feelings, either. I really like his upside. The Combine will be fun(too much emphasis on it to me, though), but FA has me juiced. I'm dying to see who we sign so I can figure the draft a little better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read