Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-17-2007   #1
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Nate is moving to the Woodlands

I heard on the radio this past week that Nate Clements is building a home in the Woodlands right now. I know it means nothing, but....logisticlly wouldn't it be sweet if he felt like "he really wanted to work close to home" this coming season?
Old 02-17-2007   #2
trutxn
Veteran

Default Re: Nate is moving to the Woodlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
I heard on the radio this past week that Nate Clements is building a home in the Woodlands right now. I know it means nothing, but....logisticlly wouldn't it be sweet if he felt like "he really wanted to work close to home" this coming season?
It would be nice to have him, although he is asking for a big contract. The Texans have to be careful with their cap space.
Old 02-17-2007   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Although that would be an awful drive in traffic. heh
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #4
BeerFan
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BeerFan

i spent my educational years in the woodlands, and i must say i don't wish that on any other child. it is a sterile, idyllic suburbia with no character or dynamic or culture. its a community of warring shopping centers, enough to make one sick. ugh.
Old 02-17-2007   #5
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

You have figured out suburban America now. All suburbs suck. My parents moved us from Alief to Cinco Ranch a few years back.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #6
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

With Samuel being franchised the price of Clements just went up since he will be the only other premier FA CB on the market.

And when you kids grow up and start making some money you will prefer the suburbs over the city, especially if you have kids. Trust me on this one.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #7
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
With Samuel being franchised the price of Clements just went up since he will be the only other premier FA CB on the market.

And when you kids grow up and start making some money you will prefer the suburbs over the city, especially if you have kids. Trust me on this one.
I have to admit I have enjoyed living in cities more than in suburbia to a certain extent. When I briefly lived in Boston, I lived right in the city and loved it! When I lived in Chicago, I loved living in the city and being surrounded by it. Now that I live in Denver(I don't live in downtown), I live in more of a suburbia area and I kinda miss the feel of living in a city. You might be right though Wonger, that as I age I might prefer suburbia. I know my dad does. He came to visit me when I lived in chicago and he mentioned that he hated the idea of living "on top of people like a sardine in a can". I lived in a mini highrise(5 stories) but he still didnt like it. Good thing I couldnt afford to live on McClurg Avenue in one of those 40+ story places!

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-17-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I believe he's been in the Woodlands.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #9
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Still he won't come cheap and he will still demand the top dollars wherever he signs.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #10
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbspi View Post
Still he won't come cheap and he will still demand the top dollars wherever he signs.
Yeah, he is going to get paid this year, regardless of where he goes. But he would surely be one heck of an addition to the Texans.....especially in our D backfield.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read