Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Philosophy on Injuries

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
Looking at the guys who are threatened with being cut for the Texans, and thinking about Adrian Peterson vs Marshawn Lynch led me to thinking about what the right philosophy towards injury.

Is it better to have a great injury prone player or a good injury free guy??

Also do you let the potential for injury stop you drafting/signing someone??

Or is it irrelevant because it could happen to anyone, anytime??

:twocents: My two cents says that you take the guy who hasn't had the history, but I am a low risk kind of guy.

brewhaus

Rookie
I would take Peterson. I don't understand the injury prone tag. He played through the ankle injury and the shoulder was a freak accident. He shouldn't have still been in that game. If Peterson is left get him. If not then Lynch
There is another running back up this year that falls into the very catagory you are talking about, and I think is being over shadowed by Peterson and Lynch only because he didn't play much of last season.

Michael Bush would fit in well with the Texans offense IMO and I hope he gets serious consideration by the Texans because he "might" make it to the second round.......

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=149846

brewhaus

Rookie
Looks like Mike Bush was on the rise each year until he got hurt last season. What was his injury? And you are right that doesn't make you injury prone. He would be interesting because he has good size as well as Peterson.
Bush got a broken leg in the first game of the year against Kentucky.....in a game he should have already been taken out of. If you notice his stats from last year, 17 carries for 128 yards and 3 touchdowns. That wasn't even 1 complete game.
IF his leg healed, I think M Bush will be the real deal in the Pros. JMO.