Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-16-2007   #1
americastayawayfrommywomb
Rookie

Default I think we should take Adrian Peterson in the draft...

I watched him play a lot with my girlfriend while at Arkansas. He is really big and is really fast. He had the benefit of playing behind a huge line but still this guy is the real deal. I think he could take care of our RB problems for years to come. Who is with me?
Old 02-16-2007   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I think we should take Adrian Peterson in the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by americastayawayfrommywomb View Post
I watched him play a lot with my girlfriend while at Arkansas. He is really big and is really fast. He had the benefit of playing behind a huge line but still this guy is the real deal. I think he could take care of our RB problems for years to come. Who is with me?
I think a lot of people are with you... in your draft choice, your name, and your sig...

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who aren't...

Count me in, though... with you, I mean...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I got a feeling that we already know the thread starter.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think a lot of people are with you... in your draft choice, your name, and your sig...

Well, I can see the argument for drafting AD.
Old 02-16-2007   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

A dominant RB is always a good asset to have.

In saying that I am a bit scared off by AD though, with his seemingly constant niggles and an upright running style that won't help protect that (perhaps frail) body.

Another guy that I wouldn't cry about having on the Texans. To be honest I don't think he will reach us at #8.
Old 02-16-2007   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post

im giving you rep points for your avatar
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007   #7
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 77974 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
im giving you rep points for your avatar
Funny thing is I started using Flock over Firefox a few months ago. It's based on Firefox, but not the latest version...
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-16-2007   #8
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would love to have AP, but I seriously doubt he'll fall to us.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 143551 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
I would love to have AP, but I seriously doubt he'll fall to us.
But whatever happens, someone really, really good that fills a position of need is going to be available for us at 8.

Even if it's not AP.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #10
jjcorvallis
Rookie

Of course I would take him if he falls by some kind of miracle, but he won't.
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007   #11
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

lets just hope he has a less then average combine, and maybe he will fal
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #12
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what else do you and your girlfriend do together?

also yes, you should draft adrian peterson.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #13
texans83
All Pro

He wont be at #8. Stop getting on fired up on what you think we should or should not do if he wont even be there.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #14
DayneBum
Rookie

yea, get AP, he'll be fast enough to catch Vince Toung twice a year, or keep peyton and co. under wraps. He may even be able to clog up the middle to stop Jacksonville's 2 headed monster......
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneBum View Post
yea, get AP, he'll be fast enough to catch Vince Toung twice a year, or keep peyton and co. under wraps. He may even be able to clog up the middle to stop Jacksonville's 2 headed monster......
I am not sure if I read that right. You are saying that AP wont help us in our division right? But he will. A good running attack eats up the clock, and keeps opposing offenses of the field(VY, Peyton and Co.). A good running back has the natural ability to defeat the Dline, most of the time(Jax). So actually, taking a runningback is helpful to the Texans.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #16
trutxn
Veteran

Quote:
If he is available, he's a no brainer. Or at least we think.
Old 02-19-2007   #17
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneBum View Post
No, but what he will do is allow us to have drives longer than 3-6 plays. Something that our running backs were not able to do for more than half of the season.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #18
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I watched him play a lot with my girlfriend while at Arkansas.
Those crazy Arkansas folks.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #19
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
No, but what he will do is allow us to have drives longer than 3-6 plays. Something that our running backs were not able to do for more than half of the season.
hate to say it but only until he gets injured

his upright style & lack of drive blocking tackles to pave lanes & open holes will lead to mutliple injurys in the NFL for Adrian. its not like hes returning for another season in Oklahoma, this is the NFL full of elite defensive playmakers & anyone of them can inflict damage to a tall moving target from any direction @ any time

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
That was a problem with our offense, not just our running game. Against Buffalo, we ran for 188 yards, but we decided to pass on that last 3rd & 2.....

Against Philly & Indy, our coach gave up on the run too early. All those incomplete passes kept our offense on the sideline, not the stuffed runs. Against Washington.... more of the same.

Against Miami, & Dallas, even though we weren't tearing up the field, our dedication to running the ball kept us in those games(well, half of the Dallas game anyway).

I'm not knocking AD..... or saying we shouldn't draft him(heck, I'd love to have him)

I'm just saying it was our commitment to the run that sidelined us last year, more than our inability to run.

& yes, even though you aren't getting anything on those runs, you have to keep pounding it, to stay in the game. Just like Miami, and the 1st half of the Dallas game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read