Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-15-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Jones making a run at Lions season-opener

If the Lions acquire another running back this off-season, that's fine with Kevin Jones.

Jones has a serious left foot injury. But he and the Lions say his recovery is on schedule, and he is optimistic he will be ready to start the 2007 regular season in his usual spot atop the depth chart.

"I guess it would make sense to have insurance," Jones said Tuesday. "To me, it doesn't matter who they bring in here or who's in the backfield in competition with me, because I'll win. As long as I'm healthy, I'll win it. I'll win my position."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...702140359/1049
Old 02-15-2007   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP
Default Re: Jones making a run at Lions season-opener

why would you be posting this up?

Trying to build a trade story or something?
Old 02-15-2007   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters View Post
why would you be posting this up?

Trying to build a trade story or something?
The Lions have a pick before the Texans and have a young RB who is coming off an injury. Many have said AP is a possibility for the Lions and therefore thought Texnas' fans would have some interest in how Jones' recovery is going.

Does that pass muster?
Old 02-15-2007   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Does that pass muster?
Kind of Grey Pouponish to me.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #5
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
The Lions have a pick before the Texans and have a young RB who is coming off an injury. Many have said AP is a possibility for the Lions and therefore thought Texnas' fans would have some interest in how Jones' recovery is going.

Does that pass muster?
ah gotcha. I hit this one after the Bly thread and I guess I am not in draft mode yet.
Old 02-15-2007   #6
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Kind of Grey Pouponish to me.
But of course.
Old 02-15-2007   #7
real

I'm not as concerned with the Lions taking AP as I am with the Browns...
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2007   #8
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I'm not as concerned with the Lions taking AP as I am with the Browns...
That is my chief concern as well. Drafting for need is a wonderful theory but IMO not so common a practice. Last year the Saints had Deuce McCallister and plenty of WRs and they took Reggie Bush any way. I just don't see a player of AP's caliber falling all the way to us. There are teams who are obviously not in need of a running back and in need of other top talent but between the Lions, the Browns, and bad luck, it'll be a bit of a miracle if AP makes it to us.

Last edited by jerek; 02-15-2007 at 12:45 PM.
jerek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #9
bluestars87
Rookie

Kevin Jones has just been injured ever since his charmed rookie season. I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit tried yet again to get someone to be a franchise runningback.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read