Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2007   #1
Bucsbum
Rookie

Default Could Bucs trade for Carr

Yes I am A Buccaneer fan here in Tampa. There is a lot of talk and speculation that the Bucs have an interest in Carr. As Texan fans what do you see being a fare trade for Carr
Bucsbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #2
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default Re: Could Bucs trade for Carr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucsbum View Post
Yes I am A Buccaneer fan here in Tampa. There is a lot of talk and speculation that the Bucs have an interest in Carr. As Texan fans what do you see being a fare trade for Carr
Personally, I think a second isnt unfair, but at minumum, a third. Some will state lower, but I think it will be a third at the end of the day though.
Old 02-14-2007   #3
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

You came to the wrong place for an unbiased opinion fella.

You can book it that the next few replies to your question will not be in favor of Carr. I hope we keep him with a better supporting cast so we can make sure, but I'm in the minority I think.

A question for you though....what is the word that TB going to do with Simms? Let him compete with Carr for the starting job?
Old 02-14-2007   #4
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Didn't the Bucs just re-up Chris Simms? Maybe it is a motivational ploy.......anyway, we really need O-Line and D-Back help. So, I'm thinking Dennis Roland + a second round pick.
Old 02-14-2007   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on Carr's potential.. it will have to be a first day pick. And a "second stringer" or "low grade starter" may be packaged with it.. depending on when the pick is.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #6
Arky
Veteran

Rep Power: 2327 Arky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respectedArky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post

You can book it that the next few replies to your question will not be in favor of Carr. I hope we keep him with a better supporting cast so we can make sure, but I'm in the minority I think.

I am in agreement with this. I don't believe it is a minority so much - rather more like Squeaky Wheel Central ...
Arky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #7
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

We'll take Rice for Carr.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2007   #8
Bucsbum
Rookie

Quote:

A question for you though....what is the word that TB going to do with Simms? Let him compete with Carr for the starting job?
Yes gruden still likes the kid he showed a lot of heart. Simms has maybe the best deep ball pass in the NFL. However Simms has way to long of a release when it comes to the short pass it is easily knocked down at the line. gruden thinks he can coach him out of that habbit.

However Simms can be stuborn and might fall back to bad habbits under pressure situations. Simms is going to have to compete for a job this year
Old 02-14-2007   #9
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Again, I don't get this sentiment. I think alot of the people who are for Carr being let go or traded have very valid reasons and are actually looking at the betterment of the team and not just concentrating on one guy. From someone who has been here in the year range I would say there are alot more people blindly ignoring what we have at the position.

As for a deal with TB. I'm up in the air. I heard yesterday that they haev faith in Simms and thus reupped but I also heard that Gruden isn't sold on him.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #10
Bucsbum
Rookie

What if we had the third pick in the draft
what if you gave us your 8th pick and 40th pick plus carr and we gave you the third pick
Old 02-14-2007   #11
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57885 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

You can have him for a 4th RD pick conditional on it becoming a 2nd pick if Carr plays in 50% of the Bucs games.

Last edited by Texian; 02-14-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #12
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
You can him for a 4th RD pick conditional on it becoming a 2nd pick if Carr plays in 50% of the Bucs games.
That is a good idea.
Old 02-14-2007   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Again, I don't get this sentiment. I think alot of the people who are for Carr being let go or traded have very valid reasons and are actually looking at the betterment of the team and not just concentrating on one guy. From someone who has been here in the year range I would say there are alot more people blindly ignoring what we have at the position.

As for a deal with TB. I'm up in the air. I heard yesterday that they haev faith in Simms and thus reupped but I also heard that Gruden isn't sold on him.
Sorry Frog...an earlier registration date on a website doesn't lend any more validity to your argument than anyone elses.

I'm in favor of putting the best person we can get at that position. Trading DC, releasing him, or whatever else the lynch squad has in store for him is not necessarily what is best for this team. Upgrading the talent on the team as a whole and then making a DC decision is more agreeable to me.
Old 02-14-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Sorry Frog...an earlier registration date on a website doesn't lend any more validity to your argument than anyone elses.

I'm in favor of putting the best person we can get at that position. Trading DC, releasing him, or whatever else the lynch squad has in store for him is not necessarily what is best for this team. Upgrading the talent on the team as a whole and then making a DC decision is more agreeable to me.
My remark had nothing to do with how long I have been here, thus giving it more validity. It was a remark regarding that for a year I have seen the pro-Carr stance become more and more rigid with more and more excuses. People seem to ignore the rationale behind commenting on what is best for the team.

The "lynch squad" type comments is what gives your remarks less weight. Many people here don't dislike Carr personally. If you watched football around the league or for any amount of years you'd know that the league is a parity filled one where the cap lays waste to many a team. Therefore you need players that can succeed in adverse situations and with less then perfect settings. It is unrealistic to sit here and think, after 5 years, that you can wait for the perfect line, TE, WRS, coach, RB, etc in order to make ONE player better. The QB is one of the most important positions in sports and he should be making others better. It also would be nice to say that we have seen improvements in basics of QB'ing. However we still see a guy who can't handle not staring down receivers and not getting rid of the ball outside the pocket. This is just to start.

Add to this the fact that many people are calling for him to stay and for there to be at least a competition. Yet these same people fail to answer simple questions related to this problem. Mainly, how is this going to make us better?If someone beats out Carr then the Carr faithful will clamor that he isn't given a fair shake and will want to get him in the game. If Carr wins out you will have boos and the other faction wanting the backup. It is bad for the team, the city and for a 2nd year coach trying to make a mark.

All of these things are based in sound logic and have nothing to do with whether people dislike Carr. Throwing out weak names and claiming that people are just unbiased is simply not true.

The best thing to do taking this all into consideration is to split ways and hope that both parties succeed and get a fresh start instead of this stale debate continuing.
Old 02-14-2007   #15
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My remark had nothing to do with how long I have been here, thus giving it more validity. It was a remark regarding that for a year I have seen the pro-Carr stance become more and more rigid with more and more excuses. People seem to ignore the rationale behind commenting on what is best for the team.

The "lynch squad" type comments is what gives your remarks less weight. Many people here don't dislike Carr personally. If you watched football around the league or for any amount of years you'd know that the league is a parity filled one where the cap lays waste to many a team. Therefore you need players that can succeed in adverse situations and with less then perfect settings. It is unrealistic to sit here and think, after 5 years, that you can wait for the perfect line, TE, WRS, coach, RB, etc in order to make ONE player better. The QB is one of the most important positions in sports and he should be making others better. It also would be nice to say that we have seen improvements in basics of QB'ing. However we still see a guy who can't handle not staring down receivers and not getting rid of the ball outside the pocket. This is just to start.

Add to this the fact that many people are calling for him to stay and for there to be at least a competition. Yet these same people fail to answer simple questions related to this problem. Mainly, how is this going to make us better?If someone beats out Carr then the Carr faithful will clamor that he isn't given a fair shake and will want to get him in the game. If Carr wins out you will have boos and the other faction wanting the backup. It is bad for the team, the city and for a 2nd year coach trying to make a mark.

All of these things are based in sound logic and have nothing to do with whether people dislike Carr. Throwing out weak names and claiming that people are just unbiased is simply not true.

The best thing to do taking this all into consideration is to split ways and hope that both parties succeed and get a fresh start instead of this stale debate continuing.
Very well saif Frog Man!

Why would Tampa trade for Carr?

Simms is signed for a $2 million or so. I believe Carr is going to make around $5 million under his current contract. Looking at it from a financial perpsective, is Carr going to be 2.5 times better than Simms?

I don't think Carr is going anywhere via a trade. To a certain extent it is a buyer's market out there for questionable QBs unless somebody gets really motivated. I believe teams will just take their chances, which means they wait to see if he gets cut, let him clear waivers, and then negotiatate a new deal from there. Carr is just too expensive from a contract perspective and you really don't have to give up a draft pick to give him because he really isn't worth it. Teams will just wade it out...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #16
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It was a remark regarding that for a year I have seen the pro-Carr stance become more and more rigid with more and more excuses. People seem to ignore the rationale behind commenting on what is best for the team.

Therefore you need players that can succeed in adverse situations and with less then perfect settings. It is unrealistic to sit here and think, after 5 years, that you can wait for the perfect line, TE, WRS, coach, RB, etc in order to make ONE player better.
If someone beats out Carr then the Carr faithful will clamor that he isn't given a fair shake and will want to get him in the game. If Carr wins out you will have boos and the other faction wanting the backup. It is bad for the team, the city and for a 2nd year coach trying to make a mark.
Mine is not a pro Carr stance, but a pro Texans stance. Changing things up just to give a "fresh start" is a kind of pie-in-the-sky way of looking at things.
Old 02-14-2007   #17
bigTEXan8
All Pro

i wouldn't mind seeing carr getting traded, just because i hate what the organization has done to him. things were lookin' good in '04, when he had 3500+ passing yards, 16 TDs, etc. after that, the organization just failed him miserably. 249 sacks in his career is f*ckin' ridiculous. if carr is a back-up for some team, i could care less. at least he'd be treated better than the way he has. jmo.
Old 02-14-2007   #18
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What if we had the third pick in the draft
what if you gave us your 8th pick and 40th pick plus carr and we gave you the third pick
I understand how this sounds great from your perspective, but no way in hades that this deal happens. Don't feel bad...I've heard similar suggestions from our folks (e.g., what if we trade our 8th to NE for their 2 1st rounders, etc.).

The Texans have too many holes to fill to be talking of trading UP and losing picks.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
As a friend, I strongly recommend you go another Direction.

Tampa's offense relies on the run game as much as ours does. Carr needs to be in an offense more like the Rams, or the colts, where the run game is reliant on the passing game.

He needs a spread offense.

Now, if you persist...... gimme Simeon Rice, and we'll trade thirds & call it even.
Old 02-14-2007   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Mine is not a pro Carr stance, but a pro Texans stance. Changing things up just to give a "fresh start" is a kind of pie-in-the-sky way of looking at things.
Mine is a pro Texans stance as well. How long can we keep what good players we have on this team, if we keep catering to the one position that is supposed to make the other positions better.

Wand was our best LT this preseason..... but we had to let him go.

why??

Robaire has been our best DT since he got here...... but we couldn't keep him on the team......... why??

Dunta has already shot his mouth off, how much longer can we keep him??

How bad will it look when we have to franchise Andre to prolong his career as a Texan, then he leaves, to play with another team for less money.

Not me, but there have been fans wanting to replace David for a long time. That group has been growing & growing. through so many years of no action, some guys are willing to take anything in his place.

Personally, I can't believe David played the way he played this year, knowing he had something to prove.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read