Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-14-2007   #1
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Speculation about Carr to the Vikes?

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02...rr-to-vikings/

Speculation on David going to the Vikes for a 4th round pick. I know some of you would jump on this, but I wouldn't.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #2
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Speculation about Carr to the Vikes?

I'd take a 4th and throw a party. You aren't going to get higher than that.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #3
texans83
All Pro

I would wait and see what else comes up, then if nothing was to happen then I would take it.
texans83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #4
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 8212 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

KFFL reports that the team would be willing to trade Carr for a second-to-sixth round pick, creating the strictest of parameters for a deal. Meanwhile, the St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Vikings and Texans have discussed the possibility of Carr coming to Minnesota for a fourth-rounder.

This is an interesting piece to the article...2nd to 6th rd pick? If those are the parameters we're in trouble!

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 02-14-2007   #5
HeartofHouston
Veteran

personally I would be looking for a 3rd rounder..
Old 02-14-2007   #6
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
KFFL reports that the team would be willing to trade Carr for a second-to-sixth round pick, creating the strictest of parameters for a deal. Meanwhile, the St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting that the Vikings and Texans have discussed the possibility of Carr coming to Minnesota for a fourth-rounder.

This is an interesting piece to the article...2nd to 6th rd pick? If those are the parameters we're in trouble!
For sure, Man I hope that isent Capers doing all of the talking for us
Old 02-14-2007   #7
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I would take a 4th, but I wouldn't do it too soon. If they are really targeting Plummer, we don't want Denver to raise the stakes for him. (Of course, I hope they release Plummer then we sign him) If we get rid of Carr too early, then we're in a position of needing a veteran starter and may have to give up a draft choice.
Old 02-14-2007   #8
texans83
All Pro

I agree, if we trade Carr too soon then we will have to give up what we got for him to Denver if that is the direction they want to go, which I think it is. Im still not sold on the idea of plummer but I guess only time will tell.
Old 02-14-2007   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not sure how much faith I put into a random blog...but you never know I guess.
Old 02-14-2007   #10
texans83
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm not sure how much faith I put into a random blog...but you never know I guess.
Well it is the offseason and rumors are the only thing that keeps us fans going so..
Old 02-14-2007   #11
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston View Post
I don't think there's any possibility that we get a 3rd for Carr. Joey Harrington was traded for a 6th rounder last year...Carr isn't much better.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
The blog got this info from a St. Paul paper.

Quote:
Rumors persist that the Vikings could trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback David Carr, 27, who might cost just a fourth-round draft pick.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm smelling a 3 team deal here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #14
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofHouston View Post
I originally thought a 3rd but I really believe that to be too rich for teams who will have the same questions about Carr that the Texans do. A 4th is very reasonable.
Old 02-14-2007   #15
Texan in Japan
All Pro

I'm torn on trading or keeping Carr. I look at his physical gifts and see the perfect franchise QB. Then I watch games and see a guy that our team probably ruined by throwing him to the wolves.

I wonder what he could do w/ AD at RB, a better OL and another year w/ Kubes. I worry that we'll trade him and he'll become a Plunkett or Gannon for someone else and we'll be stuck w/ an older vet who's no better.

Being stationed in Germany I had to buy the games over the internet. Carr looked VERY shaky at times and it was clear Kubes minimized his role towards the end of the year. I was able to listen to one of Carr's post game reports and his word's after loss to Titans did not inspire or exude confidence or leadership.

Yet despite these shortfalls, I don't see a better replacement in this draft or FA market for our situation. I wouldn't mind drafting a QB like Mich St Drew Stanton in 3rd, but if that occured I'd want at least a 3rd in return for Carr.

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 02-14-2007   #16
SESupergenius

Aside from your views on whether you like David Carr or not, this is just a thread on what you'd like to get in return IF it DID happen. Being that the case, I would think that anything better than a 3rd round would be great, but anything worse than a 3rd would not be a good deal for us.
Old 02-14-2007   #17
Eyeguy
Veteran

I have a feeling that what ever we get for Carr, Denver will bet asking the same thing for Plummer.
I don't think they will get it, but if they keep Plummer on the roster long enough they might get one round lower.
Old 02-14-2007   #18
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
Aside from your views on whether you like David Carr or not, this is just a thread on what you'd like to get in return IF it DID happen. Being that the case, I would think that anything better than a 3rd round would be great, but anything worse than a 3rd would not be a good deal for us.
Agreed. I think he's shown more than Joey Harrington and most teams have to admire his athletic ability and his durability. For instance, GB decides that DC could replace Favre. They trade a #3 and sit David for a year and let him watch Brett. Although GB overachieved a bit this year, with another solid draft or two they could be play-off team if they have a solid QB.

Raiders would also be an excellent candidate given Davis rep for taking retreads and making them SB QBs.

Texan, back in Texas!
Old 02-14-2007   #19
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan View Post
Agreed. I think he's shown more than Joey Harrington and most teams have to admire his athletic ability and his durability. For instance, GB decides that DC could replace Favre. They trade a #3 and sit David for a year and let him watch Brett. Although GB overachieved a bit this year, with another solid draft or two they could be play-off team if they have a solid QB.

Raiders would also be an excellent candidate given Davis rep for taking retreads and making them SB QBs.
GB wouldn't do it when they still have a guy backing up Favre..Rodgers..that hasn't even gotten a chance.

Again, Carr has shown nothing but the ability to take a hit. Teams won't give up a 3rd unless they are desperate to make a move or have extra picks. He won't be an upgrade over most guys up there and will have to compete.
Old 02-14-2007   #20
Texan in Japan
All Pro

In fact, I could see Davis trading for Carr and then drafting AD or Calvin Johnson w/ #1 pick. He could still trade Moss and use that pick for more horsepower also.

Texan, back in Texas!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read