Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-14-2007   #1
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Top Sleeper Prospect - Lane College WR Interview

Scott Wright: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?

Jacoby Jones: I am 6-4, 205 and I ran a 4.4 at my junior Pro Day.

Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?

Jacoby Jones: Speed is by far my greatest strength. I probably have to work on the small things like concentration and taking a real big hit but hanging onto the football and making that catch.

Scott Wright: When you get your first professional paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?

Jacoby Jones: Iím going to pay off my student loads.

Scott Wright: Have you noticed any teams showing more interest than others at this point in the process that might be more likely to select you?

Jacoby Jones: There probably have been but I told my agent not to tell me because I donít want it going to my head. I want to keep grounded and working hard.

That isn't the full interview just some points I thought stood out to me reading the interview. If he's there in the 3rd seems like a nice one to groom behind Moulds.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/int...cobyjones.html
Old 02-14-2007   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45895 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top Sleeper Prospect - Lane College WR Interview

He played well in the Shriner Bowl. Probably the best reciever there. He did drop some easy catches. Ball was the other notable reciever.
Old 02-14-2007   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he is gonna be faster than a 4.4. Anyway, he is definately worth a look.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
He played well in the Shriner Bowl. Probably the best reciever there. He did drop some easy catches. Ball was the other notable reciever.
We were sitting in front of his agents. Nice guys. They projected him as a 2nd day pick, probably getting onto a team for special teams.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #5
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
We see things a bit different on this...I really wasn't all that impressed with him in the game. He looks to have a lot of POTENTIAL, but he dropped too many passes. I thought Bowe looked much better when he got the opportunities, which were few since his QB's never got into a rythem.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

A good sleeper pick for WR is Yamon Figurs from Kansas State.

He is FAST.

I dont know if the source is reliable, but I heard during a K State game this year that Figurs can run faster than 4.2.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #7
Obsidian
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A good sleeper pick for WR is Yamon Figurs from Kansas State.

He is FAST.

I dont know if the source is reliable, but I heard during a K State game this year that Figurs can run faster than 4.2.
Going down a steep hill, with a tailwind and wearing roller skates, maybe. But under normal condition using an electronic (non hand timed) timer, NO ONE is running a flat 4.2 let alone sub 4.2. The only ones who could even come close are Olympic 100m sprinters.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-15-2007   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

If you run 4.39 your still really fast. Faster than most NFL players. If you run low 4.3s you are already one of the fastest guys in the league.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007   #9
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
from Kansas State.
No.
Old 02-15-2007   #10
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68163 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
No.
Right. Cuz no decent NFL prospect ever came out of K State.

Nobody like Rock Cartwright, Martin Gramatica, Darren Howard (one of the top pass-rushing DE's in the NFL), Mark Simoneau, Todd Weiner, or Terrence Newman (one of the top 3 cover CB's in the NFL).

Way to be a heads up talent scout. Blowing prospects off just because they go to a certain school. You're on your way.

I'm sure that's the kind of thinking that got the Saints Marques Colston.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read