Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-13-2007   #1
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer
Default Trade Dominic Williams for Jake Plummer

Here's a thought: Straight trade, Dominic Williams for Jake Plummer. Both players are pretty much drags on their teams as they are, but I think Denver struggled in the run last year. Adding a player who did well with a crappy run line but has an injury bug may be a minor risk for Denver with potential pay-off. On the plus side, they get rid of a hot-and-cold QB who wants out of town. The Texans getting a QB to compete with Carr who always had an up-and-down side to him is, IMO, pretty sketchy dealings for the Texans, but at what loss if they are only dumping a player who didn't produce last year? I'd give the advantage to the Broncos and suggest the Texans switch draft positions with the Broncos in the fourth round.

I didn't see this thread, but if it's gone around already, my apologies...
Old 02-13-2007   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Dominic Williams for Jake Plummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSQ View Post
Here's a thought: Straight trade, Dominic Williams for Jake Plummer. Both players are pretty much drags on their teams as they are, but I think Denver struggled in the run last year. Adding a player who did well with a crappy run line but has an injury bug may be a minor risk for Denver with potential pay-off. On the plus side, they get rid of a hot-and-cold QB who wants out of town. The Texans getting a QB to compete with Carr who always had an up-and-down side to him is, IMO, pretty sketchy dealings for the Texans, but at what loss if they are only dumping a player who didn't produce last year? I'd give the advantage to the Broncos and suggest the Texans switch draft positions with the Broncos in the fourth round.

One problem! One guy has 2 legs. What is in it for Denver.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #3
real

Why would Denver do this ?

And why is everyone so optimistic about DW coming back ?
Old 02-13-2007   #4
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 22797 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

David Carr for Steve Smith!

/runs
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #5
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 26 Texans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of FamerTexans Horror is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Both players are pretty much drags on their teams as they are, but I think Denver struggled in the run last year. Adding a player who did well with a crappy run line but has an injury bug may be a minor risk for Denver with potential pay-off. On the plus side, they get rid of a hot-and-cold QB who wants out of town. The Texans getting a QB to compete with Carr who always had an up-and-down side to him is, IMO, pretty sketchy dealings for the Texans, but at what loss if they are only dumping a player who didn't produce last year? I'd give the advantage to the Broncos and suggest the Texans switch draft positions with the Broncos in the fourth round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
One problem! One guy has 2 legs. What is in it for Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Why would Denver do this ?

And why is everyone so optimistic about DW coming back ?
According to this team report, Denver needs to amp up its run game. Denver does this traditionally with late picks and has in the past brought in a bunch of old/beat up running backs, so it's nothing new. Plus, it gets rid of Plummer an dhis cap hit. Two good reasons.
Old 02-13-2007   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91029 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to this team report, Denver needs to amp up its run game. Denver does this traditionally with late picks and has in the past brought in a bunch of old/beat up running backs, so it's nothing new. Plus, it gets rid of Plummer an dhis cap hit. Two good reasons.
They dont know that Williams will even play again, much less that he will be better than the Bells.
bah007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #7
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I just do not see the Bronco's trading for Dominic. He's too much of a health risk.
Old 02-13-2007   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Williams is more hurt then people really think, me personally, I dont think he ever plays again. and if he does it will not be like he used to. I pray and hope for him dont get me wrong, I like Domanick a lot, but if you cant run a couple plays before your knee starts to swell, then it does not look good for you.
Old 02-13-2007   #9
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver has never been one of my favorite teams, but I wouldn't consider them as akin to booboo the fool.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #10
Texans Horror
Hall of Fame

I guess DW is much worse off than the media is making it out to be. The way I've heard it reported, he was able to play last year, but didn't. If he's really that injured, I'll assume he will be released as soon as possible (OTAs?). Can't remember what the date is when the player can be released with minimum impact to salary.

Along those lines, I feel even stronger that Sherman, if he is not made the Chargers HC, will try to bring Ahman Green in from Green Bay during the offseason.
Old 02-14-2007   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I guess DW is much worse off than the media is making it out to be. The way I've heard it reported, he was able to play last year, but didn't. If he's really that injured, I'll assume he will be released as soon as possible (OTAs?). Can't remember what the date is when the player can be released with minimum impact to salary.

Along those lines, I feel even stronger that Sherman, if he is not made the Chargers HC, will try to bring Ahman Green in from Green Bay during the offseason.
Heres what it is, he can run on it with no problem, BUT not for very long, it swells up very fast when worked hard. and he has not taken a hit on it in 2 years o who knows how that will go.

Just think of it like he has a bald tire for a knee. You can ride on it for a while but when is it going to go flat or pop on you. You dont know, and I personally think Domanick should not try it, think about your family, you got money you are well off. Just think about when you get older, you want to be able to bend down and pick your kids up, you want to be able to play pick up games at the gym when your older.
Old 02-14-2007   #12
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Heres what it is, he can run on it with no problem, BUT not for very long, it swells up very fast when worked hard. and he has not taken a hit on it in 2 years o who knows how that will go.

Just think of it like he has a bald tire for a knee. You can ride on it for a while but when is it going to go flat or pop on you. You dont know, and I personally think Domanick should not try it, think about your family, you got money you are well off. Just think about when you get older, you want to be able to bend down and pick your kids up, you want to be able to play pick up games at the gym when your older.
Didn't the doctors release him to play last year, but due to the pain and swelling he was having, he said he couldn't play. The docs told him that it wasn't going to get any better, becuase it was bone on bone. There is no way to re-hab that. I just don't see him playing, but I would love it if he could.
Old 02-14-2007   #13
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
Didn't the doctors release him to play last year, but due to the pain and swelling he was having, he said he couldn't play. The docs told him that it wasn't going to get any better, becuase it was bone on bone. There is no way to re-hab that. I just don't see him playing, but I would love it if he could.
JMO, but.......
He has heart.....but I think D Williams is done. The Texans aren't going to sign him to an inflated contract, which is what he is supposed to have on the table now, and I don't think he will sign for minimum wage and "try" to make the team again.
Old 02-15-2007   #14
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

If you can trade him then fine butother wise release him for more cap space.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read