Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-13-2007   #1
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Default Comming from a Titans Fan

Hey everyone, anyone who posts on the Titans' forums might recognize me. This is my first post here, and I wanted to use it by wishing you guys the best of luck next season. Even though most disagree on the Titans Forum, I think Plummer will be your guys' key to success, or at least improvement. But I was wondering though, what other positions do you guys struggle in? From my personal analysis (which doesn't mean much) I think you guys are set on Defense, but your offensive line could use some work. Good thing about the draft IMO is that it is easier to pick up a stud on the O-line than any of the other positions. But with that problem solved I think you guys will have a really sound team. Don't know about this season, but I can definitely see you guys going to .500 or above in the near future.

Again, best of luck!
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Comming from a Titans Fan

We need help in the secondary. Bad.

We could also use some help on the O-line.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #3
KennyHolmes99
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
We need help in the secondary. Bad.

We could also use some help on the O-line.
So do we (Titans).

How much cap room do you guys have?
KennyHolmes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
So do we (Titans).

How much cap room do you guys have?
I'm not positive but I think I read somewhere that we have between $14 & $18 mil.

Last edited by bah007; 02-13-2007 at 11:34 AM.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #5
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

cap is $10mm to $13mm but we hired an NFL vice president who is a cap expert. I think we will have some extra room wtih renegotiated contracts and some cuts. New cap limit shoul add another $4-5. Thanks for stopping by.
Old 02-13-2007   #6
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyHolmes99 View Post
Hey everyone, anyone who posts on the Titans' forums might recognize me. This is my first post here, and I wanted to use it by wishing you guys the best of luck next season. Even though most disagree on the Titans Forum, I think Plummer will be your guys' key to success, or at least improvement. Good thing about the draft IMO is But I was wondering though, what other positions do you guys struggle in? From my personal analysis (which doesn't mean much) I think you guys are set on Defense, but your offensive line could use some work.that it is easier to pick up a stud on the O-line than any of the other positions. But with that problem solved I think you guys will have a really sound team. Don't know about this season, but I can definitely see you guys going to .500 or above in the near future.

Again, best of luck!
We're closer to being a force on Defense than offense, but we still need some key parts there as well (FS,CB, OLB 7 1 more stud on the D-line).
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #7
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Our needs:

(Defense)
FS
CB
OLB
DT

(Offense)
QB
WR
RB
OT
C
Old 02-13-2007   #8
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy View Post
cap is $10mm to $13mm but we hired an NFL vice president who is a cap expert. I think we will have some extra room wtih renegotiated contracts and some cuts. New cap limit shoul add another $4-5. Thanks for stopping by.
Thats about right. We'll see things open up when players are cut around June 1st and here in the next coming weeks.

Definite help is:
1. Secondary (whether it be cornerbacks or safteys)
2. Runningback
3. Quarterback
4. Offensive Line
5. OLB
6. DT/DE
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read