Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-13-2007   #1
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No coddling of Vick

Falcons quarterback Michael Vick may be the team's most recognizable and highly paid player but the new coaching staff, led by head coach Bobby Petrino, could care less.

"There will be no coddling of Michael Vick," offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said in an exclusive interview with the AJC Monday. "We're not going to coddle Michael Vick. This is not a demerit system where we say, 'Okay we're going to deal with this guy this way and this guy that way.' We're going to coach them all hard and he knows that. We have an expectation of him and I think he'll be the first to tell you that I'm not afraid to say anything to him and I'm not afraid to say anything to anyone on this offense.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/s...13falcons.html
Old 02-13-2007   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No coddling of Vick

Sounds an awful lot like Kubiak talking about Carr.

Vick will start by saying he likes the change, and its nice to be held accountable
Old 02-13-2007   #3
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Why does anyone feel a head coach should coddle any player? I'm just curious. I know it goes on in the NFL but should it? And should that even be made as public knowledge? Just speaking of the situation here in Houston with David Carr, it was known that the former regime coddled him. I think public knowledge of this brought a sour taste in most peoples' mouths here. I guess my point is these guys are millionaires, how much more coddled do they need to be?
Old 02-13-2007   #4
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
Why does anyone feel a head coach should coddle any player? I'm just curious. I know it goes on in the NFL but should it? And should that even be made as public knowledge? Just speaking of the situation here in Houston with David Carr, it was known that the former regime coddled him. I think public knowledge of this brought a sour taste in most peoples' mouths here. I guess my point is these guys are millionaires, how much more coddled do they need to be?
Being the hard, drill seargent doesn't really work all that well for everyone. It can ruin some people's confidence. Its a fine line between the two thats ideal, but should be based on individual needs
Old 02-13-2007   #5
SESupergenius

I guess "coddling" has been the "in" thing for people to hang their assertations on. A team that is not going the playoffs is "coddling" his QB.
Old 02-13-2007   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Does this mean that Vick has to go from waterbottles/bongs, to skinny little joints?...

Last edited by Trap_Star; 02-13-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read