Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 02-12-2007   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Honest Free Agent Signings

OT - Luke Pettitgout (Giants)*
OLB - Boss Bailey (Lions)*
DL - Dewayne White (Buccs)*
SS - Michael Lewis (Eagles)
OG - Rick DeMulling (Lions)
OLB - Reggie Torbor [trade a 5th rounder](Giants)
CB - Travis Fisher (Rams)

*Biggest off-season pick-ups...most expensive

1st - Reggie Nelson S/Florida
2nd - Ryan Kalil C/Southern California
3rd - Kareem Brown DT/Miami(Fla.)
4th - Rhema McKnight WR/Notre Dame
6th - Jonathan Wade CB/Tennessee
7th - Joe Cohen DE/Florida
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #2
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Honest Free Agent Signings

What do you guys think Arizona would want for Adrian Wilson??...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #3
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
What do you guys think Arizona would want for Adrian Wilson??...
You know what really grinds my gears...not trying to be rude, but why would you post that on this thread? i mean i start one about free agents and the draft like usual and then you have to change it by trying to ask what it would take to get a pro-bowl safety? honestly lets just talk about what i posted...cause it would take way too much for us to get him...at least a first rounder and something else...not worth it...no back to the thread i started please
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

As much as I really like lewis and all, I don't think we need to spend the money on another SS. I like the FS pick in the first, we then have Glenn Earl and CC playing SS. I don't think we need to get a fa there ...jmho.

Would Torbor and Bailey both start olb for us? greenwood is getting paid a lot...but he did a decent job for us...i think greenwood, ryans, and one of those guys would be great...i don't know them and if they are both starters for us...but depth would help

We do need o-line help badly. again i don't know much about pettigout, would he fit the system kubiak is teaching us? how much would he cost, i havn't heard his name at all in the FA talk for us...if he's relatively inexpensive and fits our system that'd be a great aquisition.

Your draft looks pretty good to me too.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
You know what really grinds my gears...not trying to be rude, but why would you post that on this thread? i mean i start one about free agents and the draft like usual and then you have to change it by trying to ask what it would take to get a pro-bowl safety? honestly lets just talk about what i posted...cause it would take way too much for us to get him...at least a first rounder and something else...not worth it...no back to the thread i started please
Quote:
OLB - Reggie Torbor [trade a 5th rounder](Giants)
You started the whole trading thing.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #6
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

To my count this is the 7th time you have started this thread. Oh you make small changes, but it's still the same thread. And how many time are you going to do that?
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #7
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
To my count this is the 7th time you have started this thread. Oh you make small changes, but it's still the same thread. And how many time are you going to do that?
that's true. the same thread does seem to get repackaged. no big deal to me, but dont jump somebody's case if they want to post another idea in the same matter you are. it's OK if you want to put your ideas out there, but be willing to discuss others also.
Old 02-13-2007   #8
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
that's true. the same thread does seem to get repackaged. no big deal to me, but dont jump somebody's case if they want to post another idea in the same matter you are. it's OK if you want to put your ideas out there, but be willing to discuss others also.
No Steve it is not about me trying the same threads. It's about baba ganoush doing the same exact thread 7 time. He draft the same the people, and signs the same FA in almost all of them. It gets old.

I know this is a slow time, the combine has not happened, and FA is almost 2 weeks away. But baba ganoush could be starting a thread why he likes player A, and then player B. Instead he is starting the same thread over and over again, heck just bump your old threads.

Baba could tell me why he likes Reggie Torbor, and how he would fit our defense. Or what does Luke Petitgout want in salary, and why does his broken leg not scare him but Spencers does?

Baba like to list names and not discuss, lets discuss them.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #9
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
No Steve it is not about me trying the same threads. It's about baba ganoush doing the same exact thread 7 time. He draft the same the people, and signs the same FA in almost all of them. It gets old.
that came out a little wrong. i was talking about the thread starter. should have worded it different.
Old 02-13-2007   #10
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing I would switch in your draft is the fourth round I would rather have a LB. Hopefully Desmond Bishop would fall to the fourth round.

I dont know if we could sign all of those FA. We are around 13 million under the cap and we need to keep about 5 million for signing our rookies. So we only have about 8 million to sign our FA and other FA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #11
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Petitgout has had some very good years in New York. He's been injured the past couple and may be slowing down for good, though. If he checks out medically and we could get him at a reasonable price, I am all for signing him. What is a reasonable price for a guy that's been a starting left tackle in the NFL for 8 years? He'll be 31 by the time training camp rolls around. Is he prepared to work hard and become the next Willie Roaf (injured LT that changed teams and regained his dominant form) or just fade quietly?

Talent-wise, he's been one of the better 2nd-tier left tackles of the past decade, though. He's not made any Pro Bowls, but Walter Jones and Orlando Pace have kind of locked up the LT voting for most of the past 7-8 years.
Old 02-13-2007   #12
Please_Evolve
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Please_Evolve is a Pro BowlerPlease_Evolve is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

I know this is a slow time, the combine has not happened, and FA is almost 2 weeks away. But baba ganoush could be starting a thread why he likes player A, and then player B. Instead he is starting the same thread over and over again, heck just bump your old threads.

Baba could tell me why he likes Reggie Torbor, and how he would fit our defense. Or what does Luke Petitgout want in salary, and why does his broken leg not scare him but Spencers does?

I was begining to wonder if anyone else thought the same thing....
Old 02-13-2007   #13
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:

same here
Old 02-13-2007   #14
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
Jeez, sorry man. Did'nt mean to ruin your plan of taking over the world.

By the way, you were'nt being rude......childish, maybe.......but rude, nah....
its all good in the hood...
Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Petitgout has had some very good years in New York. He's been injured the past couple and may be slowing down for good, though. If he checks out medically and we could get him at a reasonable price, I am all for signing him. What is a reasonable price for a guy that's been a starting left tackle in the NFL for 8 years? He'll be 31 by the time training camp rolls around. Is he prepared to work hard and become the next Willie Roaf (injured LT that changed teams and regained his dominant form) or just fade quietly?

Talent-wise, he's been one of the better 2nd-tier left tackles of the past decade, though. He's not made any Pro Bowls, but Walter Jones and Orlando Pace have kind of locked up the LT voting for most of the past 7-8 years.
I cant see us signing an injury prone LT that is on the downhill of his prime. Our o-line needs guys that will stay healthy in order for us to keep progressing IMO...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #15
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

as far as free agent signings go i think what really needs to be done is this...rick smith has to figure out what positions he wants to address via FA and in the draft

personally i would draft these positions:
OLB (bradley, timmons, posluszny, everett, davis)
O-Line (staley, brown, kalil, daniels, free)
RB (peterson, lynch, pittman, jackson, irons)
WR (filani, s. smith, ball, hicks, baker)
maybe FS (griffin, nelson, landry, rouse, barringer)

i would sign these positions via FA:
D-Line (sands, redding, white)
O-line (steinbach, mehan, dielman)
CB (samuels, clements, harper)
QB (plummer, schuab, rittay)
maybe FS (hamlin, grant, lewis)

obviously some of these guys are high dollar or high pick guys and some are lower tier guys but i think all have good value for their respected price tag...so if i was smith this how i would work things

OLB- buster davis 3rd a
FS- grant comes cheaper than expected and is still a smart overall player
CB- clements our only big time FA signing
O-Line- kalil 2nd, free 3rd b, daniels 7th, jordon black
D-Line- jay alford 4th, hickman 6th, sands
QB-plummer (trading carr and hopeing for an extra 3rd rounder for him)
RB- praying peterson falls 1st
WR- filani with 5th

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read