Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-12-2007   #1
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

Default Mark Your Calendars

Circle April 28 on your calendar. That's the NFL draft, and unless something strange happens, David Carr will be traded around that time. Texans GM Rick Smith's toughest job will be creating a market for Carr. I'm guessing he's going to have to settle for a fifth-round draft pick, but it only takes one motivated buyer to drive the price up. As for who is going to replace Carr, I think it'll be Jake Plummer. Problem is, there is a market for him. The Texans probably are going to end up paying more than they'd like to pay.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #2
tex
Veteran

Default Re: Mark Your Calendars

That's nothing new
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007   #3
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Aggie222 View Post
Circle April 28 on your calendar. That's the NFL draft, and unless something strange happens, David Carr will be traded around that time. Texans GM Rick Smith's toughest job will be creating a market for Carr. I'm guessing he's going to have to settle for a fifth-round draft pick, but it only takes one motivated buyer to drive the price up. As for who is going to replace Carr, I think it'll be Jake Plummer. Problem is, there is a market for him. The Texans probably are going to end up paying more than they'd like to pay.
Just another Richard Justice article. I thought maybe you had some real inside information.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #4
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Yawn
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007   #5
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
Yawn
Yep, its gonna be like that for a few weeks until trades start happening around the NFL.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #6
Texan_Aggie222
Rookie

Rumors persist that the Vikings could trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback David Carr, who might cost just a fourth-round draft pick. Minnesota and Oakland are two teams in need of a quarterback. Other teams that might be interested in trading for or signing a veteran quarterback could be Miami, Cleveland, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Chicago and Carolina.
Texan_Aggie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #7
Reddevil63
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Reddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotReddevil63 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via AIM to Reddevil63 Send a message via Yahoo to Reddevil63

Quote:
I'm guessing he's going to have to settle for a fifth-round draft pick
What makes you think he is just going to give him away like that? The only thing that has lead us to believe he is going to be traded at all is McClain and Justice. I dont doubt Carr could be traded, but somebody is going to have to make an offer that meets what Richard Smith wants, I just dont see him lowering his price so he can simply get rid of him.
Old 02-14-2007   #8
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Rumors persist that the Vikings could trade with the Houston Texans for quarterback David Carr, who might cost just a fourth-round draft pick. Minnesota and Oakland are two teams in need of a quarterback. Other teams that might be interested in trading for or signing a veteran quarterback could be Miami, Cleveland, Kansas City, Jacksonville, Chicago and Carolina.
Oakland does need a QB. How about we send Carr for a 3rd rounder and we swap 2nd round pix? I don't have my draft value chart handy. That puts us in the hunt for Kalil or an OT in the 2nd (key is getting ahead of the ilk of DET, CLE, and AZ).

Of course, Porter is looking to leave, right? That's a question, not a statement of fact. Though, I am hesitant to look for Al's castaways in the wake of the Buchanon incident.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #9
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyb View Post
Oakland does need a QB. How about we send Carr for a 3rd rounder and we swap 2nd round pix? I don't have my draft value chart handy. That puts us in the hunt for Kalil or an OT in the 2nd (key is getting ahead of the ilk of DET, CLE, and AZ).
Of course, Porter is looking to leave, right? That's a question, not a statement of fact. Though, I am hesitant to look for Al's castaways in the wake of the Buchanon incident.
How about giving us a hint as to who is going to be our QB under this grand plan?
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB75 View Post
How about giving us a hint as to who is going to be our QB under this grand plan?
Gary Kubiak

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #11
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well ... what's the worst that can happen ?
Old 02-14-2007   #12
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Gary Kubiak
yeah he would be about the best we'd have left
Old 02-14-2007   #13
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Kerry Collins.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #14
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
now there's a plan
Old 02-14-2007   #15
QB75
Veteran

Quote:
... and Houston if we trade Carr.
Old 02-14-2007   #16
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
... and Houston if we trade Carr.
The fact that they're talking about it makes me think they ... not me ... have a plan .

What's the worst that can happen ... Carr started 16 games the year we went 2-14 . So if Sage starts 16 games are we going 1-15 ... I think not .

Last edited by Honoring Earl 34; 02-14-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #17
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

I think Jerry Porter is a good receiver, not his fault he plays for the Raiders. I'm not a fan of the trade-carr crew, but if Oakland is involved, I wouldn't mind getting Joey Porter.
Old 02-14-2007   #18
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 199795 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How about giving us a hint as to who is going to be our QB if we don't trade Carr?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007   #19
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

David is a Texan in 2007. Mark your calendars.
Old 02-15-2007   #20
Aztequila
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Aztequila

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
David is a Texan in 2007. Mark your calendars.
I hope so

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read